Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2021, 11:38 AM   #24
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ingelni: "I would not expect the priests to know how to modify maximus's tomb to achieve any effect: he is that much better at architecture than anyone else. He would have left a record of the proper structure, with backups. That would also be in the hands of the priests... but there may be backups."

Ingelni: "The best way to verify your story would be to place a spy in the priesthood, or locate a priest who is willing to talk. At least the part about the Emperor being trapped. For the ambassador beyond the empire... can you give any signs of such a person? how would they prove themselves? If they came to me, how would I identify them?"
"The ambassador is continuing their own investigation, I would assume. If you would like, I can take a message to deliver if the opportunity presents itself. I am not sure if I will be contacted again now that I have fulfilled my role and passed on this information to you.

As to how the ambassador might prove themselves, I'm not sure. I sensed no falsehood but what motivation could there be to lie? The explanation certainly fits the state of things.

I hope you will look into this. I thank you for your time, Governor."

Once Vassarious is able to leave the meeting, they will set about seeking out the caves and check the references for the portals and fighting situations along the route.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote