Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Miniatures

Old 03-17-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
RobKamm

Default Long Lankin attempt #1

Just got my new Anycubic Ultra and tried the long lankin (TFT) as a first go. Supports failed leaving it armless, but it gave me a good opportunity to practice cleaning and curing. Attempt #2 is in the vat. Too late for that one, but any suggestions for settings I might try on #3 should it become necessary?
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:08 PM   #2
tomc

Default Re: Long Lankin attempt #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKamm View Post
Just got my new Anycubic Ultra and tried the long lankin (TFT) as a first go. Supports failed leaving it armless, but it gave me a good opportunity to practice cleaning and curing. Attempt #2 is in the vat. Too late for that one, but any suggestions for settings I might try on #3 should it become necessary?
If the supports aren't sticking to the build plate you can try increasing the cure time for the first five or so layers. In ChituBox, I set the number of bottom layers to five, and the cure time to fifty five seconds (up from 30 or so?). There are lots of factors in play, like your printer, resin, the temp of the room, etc.

Google things like "Resin Printers Calibration" and you'll find diagnostic stl files to print, that can give you more insight into what needs changing.

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
RobKamm

Thanks, Tomc. Yes, I'm working through videos and calibration tests. I guess I was kind of hoping that someone else would pop in to say that they were having the same problem and here's the magic bullet that worked for them.

Attempt #2 got the left arm to work, but the lower jaw and right arm failed at, or near, the same place (I can't tell just to look at it).

The supports are not failing early on. The arm seems to be failing roughly at the point where the supports build out into the arm; but the model is then successful with the shoulder on up. I tried tilting it on it's back (as much as the small bed allows) and generating new supports. That got one arm and the lower jaw to work, but the right arm just does not want to work for me.

Still experimenting. . .
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:13 AM   #4
tomc

What's the temperature in the room with the printer? If it's too hot or cold, that could be a problem. I think they like to be at "room temperature", nominally 68 - 72 degrees.

Make sure the film on the bottom of your tank is totally clean. If there's a smudge blocking the light, that can kill your prints.

Make sure your resin doesn't have any cured particles in it. Use a new bottle or filter it when you reuse it. Also, be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring the resin into the tank.

You can increase the cure time for each layer. There should be a chart somewhere for the brand of printer and brand of resin you're using.

This is just what I've picked up from reading. I only started printing in Jan of 2022. So far it's been great fun, but I can't print any more until I paint my backlog. :)

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tft