Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2024, 04:35 PM   #141
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Cassandra dropped her pack, so she should be faster than Thad and try to catch up some as they move along
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:43 AM   #142
RainyDayNinja
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

OoC: Sorry! I thought I'd posted my reply already.

Thad flinches at the searing heat of the fireball, and turns his attention to the treeline where it originated. "You'll die for that, sorcerer!" he cries, and he redoubles his charge toward his assailant.
__________________
Thad - 1 LFP, -29/17 HP
RainyDayNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 02:45 PM   #143
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Then I suppose contact with the enemy has been achieved, and you commit to the fight!


Cassandra caught up to the enemy at about the same time the fireball landed nearby. Will she continue at her high speed or will she keep pace with Thad?


Thad runs forward 25 yards, a quarter of the remaining distance, before another fireball flies at him from the trees. This one lands to the left. It does 6 damage, like the one before it, but isn't close enough to hurt him.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:21 PM   #144
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Anoras has been moving toward the enemy (I think slower than the other two) and is trying to maneuver to where she can try to see any prisoners with them. Has she seen any?
__________________
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
Kerry Thornley: Dwarf Planet Eris, Discordianism, and The John F. Kennedy Assassination Without Thornley, there would never have been the Steve Jackson Games edition of Principia Discordia
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:03 PM   #145
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

She'll stay with Thad until she can see a target
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:42 PM   #146
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
Anoras has been moving toward the enemy (I think slower than the other two) and is trying to maneuver to where she can try to see any prisoners with them. Has she seen any?
Yes, Anoras has not been sprinting at full speed in a strait line towards them... she has seen no sign of prisoners.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
She'll stay with Thad until she can see a target
You can see targets now, at 100 yards. three archers, three warriors with sword and shield, one with a massive blade on a long stick, one warrior with a spear and shield, and two sorcerers. The skeletons must be behind the trees.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 10:06 PM   #147
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

She'll stop then, fast draw an arrow (or at least try), load bow and start aiming at blade and stick guy
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:07 AM   #148
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

One of the enemy archers spills his arrows all over the ground. Two of them draw at about the same time Cassandra does. One of the sorcerers gathers another glowing ball of fire in his hands. The other one has a sword in their hand. The Melee Warriors have stepped slightly behind trees trunks, hoping for cover from arrows.

All the ranged combatants aim for three turns, and then fire. Thad is at 75 yards, and we just ran the sorcerer missing him with the fireball.

Cassandra fires first. Her shot flies true! (you rolled a 5).

Skill 16 - 10 (range) + 2 (time) + 3 (Acc) -2 (Cover) = 9.

roll of 12 vs dodge 9 +2 feverish defense = 11 ... failure.

10 damage is dealt to the torso. Armor takes off 3 of that. Its a major wound.

He makes his HT roll by rolling a 7.

The first archer is still aiming after fumbling the arrow.

The second archer shoots at Cassandra:

Skill ??? -10 (range) + 2 (time) + 3 (Acc) = skill-5 vs 8 is a hit!

Do you want to take any special defensive actions? (other than a simple dodge).

The third archer shoots at Thad:

Skill ??? -8 (range) + 2 (time) + 3 (Acc) = skill-3 vs 13 is a miss.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:50 AM   #149
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Use Acrobatics 12 first, then Dodge 11 (so 13 if make acrobatics, 9 if fail)

Arrows do impaling, so hopefully doubled after landing on torso
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 09:27 AM   #150
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Use Acrobatics 12 first, then Dodge 11 (so 13 if make acrobatics, 9 if fail)
Cassandra evades the arrow acrobatically! (give me a description of the trick)


Quote:
Arrows do impaling, so hopefully doubled after landing on torso
You are correct! my bad! The Venasir warrior stays up, but is a lot more injured than you'd expect... below 0 HP.



I presume Cassandra fast draws next... its a 17! she drops the arrow and takes her whole second fumbling it.



The archer who fumbled the arrow shoots at Cassandra...

Skill ??? -10 (range) + 2 (time) + 3 (Acc) = skill-5 vs 7

please indicate your defense. And who you are aiming at afterwards: this occurs on the turn you fumble your arrow.


Thad is at 50 yards!
The sorcerer hurls a ball of fire at him!
rolls a 10!
Skill ??? - 8 (range) +2 (time) + 1(Acc) + 4 (Hex) = skill -1 vs 10
The fireball lands all around Thad, doing 3d6/2 = 10/2 = 5 damage.

I don't think a defense is possible, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.


Archer shooting at Thad:

Skill ??? -8 (range) + 2 (time) + 3 (Acc) = skill-3 vs 10
1d6+1 = 4 damage.

Please specify options for defense, and roll (if you feel up to that)


Archer shooting at Cassandra:

Skill ??? -10 (range) + 2 (time) + 3 (Acc) = skill-5 vs 6
1d6+1 = 4 damage.

Please specify options for defense. Remember if you defend you loose your aim (and you're just about to shoot next turn)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.