Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2023, 07:01 AM   #14
Varyon

Default Re: Scratching with a poisoned needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Sure. I had assumed for context that at GURPS resolution it would be the lowest possible injury, 1 HP. Do we have an actual rule on this? Is "Scratch" defined somewhere?
A Scratch arguably should be less than 1 HP, but capable of transmitting a Blood Agent (possibly with a bonus to resist) - a No Wounding effect. But unless you specifically design a No Wounding attack, GURPS doesn't allow for that - indeed, any cutting, impaling, or (IIRC) piercing attack deals at least 1 HP of Injury if it gets past DR (or there's no DR to start with), implying that, yes, a Scratch would be 1 HP.

I think the only case where Scratch is actually defined is in the Conditional Injury optional rules, where I believe it is indeed less than 10% of the target's HP, working out to around either 5% or 7% (away from my files, and it's obfuscated by the Severity system, but it works out to roughly one of those).

Tags
needle, poison, weapon stats