Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-13-2022, 06:14 PM   #1
GalaCollie77

Default Template creator GCA5

I have seen where you can save as a template. However, how would you be able to make choices and save them in the template?
GalaCollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:25 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Template creator GCA5

I'm afraid that there currently isn't one built into GCA5.

Creating a UI capable of supporting the choices and options available for a character template is incredibly complicated, and I'm not good enough to do it well and to do it quickly, so it's on the list of things that needs to get done, and probably won't be done soon.

If you're an enterprising sort who isn't afraid of scripting or programming, then you might not be scared away from the prospect of doing it by hand. In that case, you can create templates in book files, but they are by far the most complicated things it's possible to make for GCA. It's easier in GCA5 than it was for GCA4, but it's still a chunk of work. If that's of interest to you, then the first two documents on the Documents page of my site, along with the many templates in various book files as examples, are what you have to work with. (The Delvers to Grow templates are the newest, and show the newer support features in GCA5.)
Old 06-14-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
GalaCollie77

Having a template creator would most likely require a plugin. Can a plugin add a new menu or new menu item?
GalaCollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:21 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaCollie77 View Post
Having a template creator would most likely require a plugin. Can a plugin add a new menu or new menu item?
Not at this time.

I had originally intended to have greater support for more types of plugins, but all we have right now are sheets, exporters, and Unified boxes, which are all very specific types.

Tags
gca5, template