Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
Onkl

Default GURPS Hooligans

Hi guys

A friend of mine just started a campaign in which the PCs become Hooligans through a chain of unfortunate accidents. The campaign is TL8 and plays in our hometown of Solothurn, Switzerland. It is very much a silly campaign.

I would love to get your feedback for the template I made. The attributes are high and unsuitable for a realistic campaign. That was a requirement the GM gave me but it could easily be modified if you wanted to use the template for a more realistic campaign - as was made clear in later postings this is not true.

I am interested to hear what you think about the Advantages, Disadvantages and Skills I picked and if you had any additions.

The Advantages listed are purely combat oriented. Social traits can be added later in the campaign and are therefore not listed.

Please note that in the secondary skills, the first pick you must make are the skill you can use DURING a match to support your team. The second pick you must make are the skills you can use IN BETWEEN matches to intimidate the next opponent or support your team.

Also, we use PK's Houserule about Per and Will (So it does not raise with IQ...)

Hooligan [170]
A young person, doing noisy and violent things as part of a gang or crew.

Attributes: ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20]

Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs; HP 12 [0]; Will 12 [10]; Per 12 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]

Advantages: Spend 15 points on the following advantages: Ambidexterity [5], Basic Move 1, 2 or 3 [5/level], Combat Reflexes [15], Daredevil [15], Flexibility [5] or Double-Jointed [15], Enhanced Dodge 1 [15], Enhanced Parry (bare hands) 1 [5], Fearlessness 1 or 2 [2/level], Fit [5] or Very Fit [15], Hard to Kill 1 or 2 [2/level], Hard to Subdue 1 or 2 [2/level], High Pain Threshold [10], Luck [15], Peripheral Vision [15], Rapid Healing [5] or Very Rapid Healing [15], Recovery [10], Serendipity [15], Troublemaker in Town [10]

Disadvantages: Sense of Duty (FC Solothurn) [-10] and Code of Honor (Hooligans) [-5] • A further -15 points chosen from among Alcoholism [-15], Appearance (Ugly) [-8], Appearance (Unattractive) [-4], Bad Temper [-10*], Berserk [-10*], Bloodlust [-10*], Bully [-10*], Compulsive Carousing [-5*], Fanaticism (FC Solothurn) [-15], Gullibility [-10*], Impulsiveness [-10*], Odious Personal Habit (Ultrafan) [-5], Overconfidence [-5*] Sense of Duty (Crew) [-5] or similar, appropriate disadvantages.

Primary Skills: One of Brawling (E) DX+3 [8]; Boxing (A) DX+2 [8]; or Karate (H) DX+1 [8]. • One of Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8], Sumo Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8]; or Judo (H) DX+1 [8].

Secondary Skills: Savoir-Faire (Hooligans) (E) IQ+1 [2] • One of Carousing, Singing (E) HT+1 [2]; Dancing, Sports (Soccer) (A) DX [2]; Performance, Public Speaking, (A) IQ [2]; Musical Instrument (Drums or Trumpet) (H) IQ-1 [2]. • One of Makeup/TL8, Sewing/TL8 (E) IQ+1 [2]; Poetry, Propaganda/TL8, Writing (A) IQ [2]; Artist(Calligraphy or Painting), Musical Composition (H) IQ-1 [2].

Background Skills: Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ [1]; Driving (Automobile or Motorcycle) (A) DX-1 [1]; Heraldry (Hooligans) (A) IQ-1 [1] • 20 points in non-combat skills related to your profession and your hobbies.

So, what do you think?

Cheers

Onkl

Last edited by Onkl; 05-01-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:47 AM   #2
Onkl

Default Re: GURPS Hooligans

Code of Honor (Hooligans) [-5]

An honorable opponent is to be fought fair and open. A dishonorable one deserves dishonorable treatment. If you give up during a fight, you will be let go but you may not join the fight again afterwards. No armour beyond leather gloves are allowed.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 AM   #3
Kelhanion

I especially like the Secondary Skills list: very A Clockwork Orange-y all around! Your template has nice "aesthetics", it gives a good idea what the game is about in the form of little details (that there is a proper Hooligan culture). Based on this I would like to learn Hooligan Heraldry.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:04 AM   #4
Michele

A rosy picture.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
A rosy picture.
You could say that it was the intention of the GM to give the campaign a "romantic" outlook on Hooliganism.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:36 AM   #6
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelhanion View Post
I especially like the Secondary Skills list: very A Clockwork Orange-y all around! Your template has nice "aesthetics", it gives a good idea what the game is about in the form of little details (that there is a proper Hooligan culture). Based on this I would like to learn Hooligan Heraldry.
Thanks! That too is intentional. The world this plays in, every third class soccer team has a gang of "Ultras" that support it, thus it is vital to tell one group from another, and that is exactly where the Heraldry Skill comes in handy. And if you want to "parley" or broker a truce with another groups of Hools, you can use your Savoir-Faire (Hooligans) - the name alone I find hilarious!

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #7
Michele

Even so, I'd suggest a Talent: Troublemaker in Town, Pyramid #3/59.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #8
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Even so, I'd suggest a Talent: Troublemaker in Town, Pyramid #3/59.
I did not know that Talent - it is a very suitable addition. Thank you very much!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
Purple Haze

Needs Compulsive Carousing and all the rest of the alcohol fuelled ads and disads. Football hooligan is almost synonymous with lager lout.
Purple Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #10
Tinman

Wow! I've heard about and seen in the news about soccer hooligans, but this thread is so European I got culture shock just from reading it. :)
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hooligans, rowdies, template