Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #1
MWnRNC

Default Basic Wastelander Template

Has anyone put together a Basic Wastelander Template, similar to the Basic Action Template from Action 4?

I'm working on my own little Fallout conversion and I wanted to use the Skill Sets as something like Tag skills. Obviously, some of those would also have to be tweaked to remove irrelevant skills.
MWnRNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
Hide

Default Re: Basic Wastelander Template

There is GURPS After the END 1, Wastelanders. It is one of my favorite books on the subject. You could check it; it features 150 CP characters, and observes most of the jobs you deal with in the FO universe.

Last edited by Hide; 01-22-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #3
MWnRNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
There is GURPS After the END 1, Wastelanders. It is one of my favorite books on the subject. You could check it; it features 150 CP characters, and observes most of the jobs you deal with in the FO universe.
Oh, I've already got both After the End books! I really like the way Action gives you the basic template and lets you graft on skill sets, so I was hoping something similar existed for the post-apocalypse.
MWnRNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:34 PM   #4
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I think the poster is asking if anyone has worked out a hybrid of the material for the two books. I haven't, but I think such a blend sounds intriguing.

You mostly just need base stats, an advantage and disadvantage amount, and the core skills every wastelander has just by virtue of living in the wastes. Its worth noting that wastelanders are generally 150 points rather than 250, so the template should be less expensive.

The base stats are probably all 10's except for 11 in HT (the minimums given in wastelanders 1, which all appear multiple times).

I'm not sure what the automatic skilll set should be yet. Wastelanders have a very diverse set of skills, and even survival is optional on almost every template. I'd set aside points for area (survival, urban survival, area knoweldge, current affairs, scrounging), combat, and transportation (hiking, driving, riding, ect.) but even those are pretty flexible.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end, template, wasteland