Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #51
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

'I just thought it had to be a dream... me and Goliath waking up in a strange place with spirits, not something I'd believe if I wasn't experiencing it.'

Peter gathers what fallen wood and good kindling he can find and builds a fire to cook his kill.

'how far is it to the Atlantic coast? If there are more people from home there, maybe they can help me.'
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #52
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: 'Disbelief I've seen. I've never ran into someone who thought it was a dream. at least not that far into their experience."

Rider: the nearest american town is about 10 miles away, and there are other towns beyond that. The big cities are down by roanoke in virginia, but all of the old cities have a town built on top of them."

Its not too hard to build the fire... at least not to set it up. Peter is used to having at least flint and steel... he can try the bowstring if he wants, but he doesn't have too much practice with that one...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #53
the_matrix_walker

((OOC: As an Eagle Scout, he would know the bow method and the hand spindle method at the very least. Starting a fire should be no problem.))

'I may have been in a bit of denial, probably why I kept mentioning that I was dreaming... Why didn't you correct me sooner? And what else can you tell me that might be useful?' Peter feels a chill of fear as he realizes he's really let this creature inside him, and that it's been holding out on him regarding the details of his situation...
Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #54
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "I... thought you were joking. Or at least speaking metaphorically. And I need you to keep me in your head. I was afraid you'd kick me out: its very unpleasant to be out here by myself, unable to do much, and without company. Its very hard to get someone who will accept me: the locals consider me a demon, both the natives and the Americans."

"Useful information? you're pretty much stuck here, far as I know, but the Americans will take you in, and even find you an adopted family if you want it. They're quite used to this. It will probably be a more primitive than what you're used to. What else? I suppose I could sit you down and tell you stories, but you asked for useful information. I'm not sure at this point. [hesitation] I suppose the fact that I can take over your body for brief periods with your permission. only with your permission though. Its in the nature of the bond."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #55
the_matrix_walker

"Once I've got the fire going and cooked this porcupine, Goliath and I will have our breakfast and we'll set out for that American town. Hopefully they'll be able to help."
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #56
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "oh, they'll be able to help. Though they'll question the lack of pants... most of the time people come here with their clothes intact. How did you loose your pants?"

Peter settles down to starting the fire. this takes a while (30 minutes), and without rider giving Peter claws that can carve wood it would have taken much longer , but soon enough its ready to cook on. Rider is actually impressed at how quickly he got the fire going: he's seen the method, but wasn't expecting an American to be able to do it. Peter knows he got lucky: most the time it would an hour.

Goliath makes himself useful: the big dog runs away from peter and back, venturing into the woods. On one trip the large dog brings back a mostly dead squirrel he appears to have caught

Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #57
the_matrix_walker

"I went to sleep in my pajamas, and woke up like this... I have no idea what happened to my PJ's."

"Good boy Goliath. Now drop it." Peter picks up a rock and finishes off the squirrel with a rock and tries to figure out how to skin it to cook it with the porcupine.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #58
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: The dog showed up but not your clothes? or pajamas? or bed? This is not normal. You just went to sleep?

Rider is perfectly willing to shape the claws, which will make skinning and cleaning much easier.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #59
the_matrix_walker

'Sure... Goliath is "naked" too, his collar didn't make the trip.'

He accepts the change and prepares the animals for cooking.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #60
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: 'That... is not typical. what's the current year back home? does your family or one of your friends have a mysterious past? was there any funny weather last night? (make that up as you will)'

The meal is not very good... no seasoning, no salt, and something less than palatable about the porcupine: but food is food.

Tags
lost in dreams