Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 02-09-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
Imion

Default [GCA5] Character Sheet Traits/Skills continued on page 3

In GCA 5.0.168.0 using the GURPS 4th Edition Official Character Sheet if there are too many traits or skills to fit on page 1 they are continued on page 3 (see https://i.imgur.com/3eS6mLQ.png, https://i.imgur.com/OgjxyJo.png, or https://i.imgur.com/Q6d52UW.png) not sure if this is intended behavior.
Old 02-09-2022, 09:59 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: [GCA5] Character Sheet Traits/Skills continued on page 3

Intentional.

The official sheet is a fixed layout sheet, so it's pretty much blocked into sections on each page (with a little wiggle room for sizing and location in Sheet Options). Anything that doesn't fit has to get punted to later on, which starts on page 3.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

If you have thoughts on things you'd like to see the Official sheet have or do, please ask. Be aware, however, that it's a complex sheet to work on because it's not designed to flow smoothly between blocks; it's replicating a specific design, so allowing for changes in layout is difficult.

There are going to be more sheets available over time that work differently than the official sheet. Generally, they should be available through the Optional Packages tab of the Package Manager (Help > Check for Updates in GCA.)

Right now, we only have the Spring Bandit Sheet and the Color Block Sheet. (And Color Block Sheet probably needs a bit of updating since it's been around a while). I'm working on a couple others, and hopefully we'll see more from the community over time.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:12 AM   #4
Rupert

I couldn't see the Spring Bandit sheet in the update tool's list (on either tab). I downloaded the version linked through your site/blog and installed that and it shows in the plugins inside the program, but still doesn't show on the updater at all.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
I couldn't see the Spring Bandit sheet in the update tool's list (on either tab). I downloaded the version linked through your site/blog and installed that and it shows in the plugins inside the program, but still doesn't show on the updater at all.
Looks like it has disappeared. Thanks for letting me know, I'll check the update site and get it back there.

(Note: it installs from the Updater into the system folder. That version will take precedence, so if you later install through the updater, you'll want to remove your version from Documents.)
Old 02-12-2022, 11:00 AM   #6
Armin
GCA Prime

Actually, it looks like I entirely forgot to build and upload the package for it.

It should appear in the Package Manager now, on the Optional Packages tab. Sorry about that!
Old 05-18-2022, 11:25 AM   #7
jsbrewster1

Where is the Package Manager? Thanks.

edit: Never mind, I RTFM, thanks.

Last edited by jsbrewster1; 05-18-2022 at 11:35 AM.
jsbrewster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:33 AM   #8
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrewster1 View Post
Where is the Optional Packages tab? Thanks.
It's on the package manager.

Inside GCA, under the Help menu, select the Check for Updates option. That will close GCA and launch the GCA5 Package Manager.

The package manager has two tabs for the main window area: Updates and Optional Packages. Updates shows you the updates available for all the currently installed packages (and lets you select which to install or not), and Optional Packages shows you all the packages that are not automatically installed with GCA (and allows you to select them for install/uninstall).