Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2023, 07:32 AM   #1281
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Will you reveal you were led to him by fate in the note? will you reveal your goal? who will you say you are?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #1282
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Well my preference is to use Memetics! to craft a note that is enticing without saying anything, but I suppose V may have a different opinion.

Quote:
[684] 23-08-30 21:18:45 BST

Memetics!

3d6 <= 15
4 + 6 + 5 = 15 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 04:41 PM   #1283
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well my preference is to use Memetics! to craft a note that is enticing without saying anything, but I suppose V may have a different opinion.
By all means, be my guest. Vassarious is curious as to what Halcyone comes up with and is content to let them take the lead.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:40 AM   #1284
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

That's a bare success... Halcyone expresses a bit more than causal interest in his visit, and tells which table to find them at in the morning. The two of them ask the keeper about lodging. The place is the only one open this late at night. You're able to arrange for a single room.

In the morning the man comes down the stairs into the room that takes up the entire first floor and serves as the dining room (this is room and board, of course). He is wearing his crown, rings, armor, and sword, and has a stern face like he's about to run his sword through someone. He slaps a green talisman on the table without sitting down and says "Swear by the use of your right hands you are not agents of Bel."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 08:24 AM   #1285
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's a bare success... Halcyone expresses a bit more than causal interest in his visit, and tells which table to find them at in the morning. The two of them ask the keeper about lodging. The place is the only one open this late at night. You're able to arrange for a single room.
"Well I'll take the top bunk."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
In the morning the man comes down the stairs into the room that takes up the entire first floor and serves as the dining room (this is room and board, of course). He is wearing his crown, rings, armor, and sword, and has a stern face like he's about to run his sword through someone. He slaps a green talisman on the table without sitting down and says "Swear by the use of your right hands you are not agents of Bel."
Well, it's a moot point but I must ask: "So would that be all of my right hands or just the one?"

Then I swear on the use of my hands.

"I take it you're not a huge fan of Bel." I look him over, "Conquered your kingdom maybe?"

Last edited by TGLS; 08-31-2023 at 08:27 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:54 AM   #1286
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious so swears... though they are amused by the thought that shapeshifting and having multiple extra arms may render to oath more toothless than the stranger may believe.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:02 AM   #1287
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, it's a moot point but I must ask: "So would that be all of my right hands or just the one?"
"You hide your extra hands well... I only see one set."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious so swears... though they are amused by the thought that shapeshifting and having multiple extra arms may render to oath more toothless than the stranger may believe.
He accepts the oaths.

Quote:
"I take it you're not a huge fan of Bel." I look him over, "Conquered your kingdom maybe?"
"Bel is a Tyrant whose hands are soaked in blood and who boasts of his cruelty. Do I need a specific grievance?"

"My objective is a diamond he has embedded in his scepter. It is the largest in the world. I collect such things, and he is ripe to fall. My name is Yi Belan, treasure hunter. I seek an end to the Tyrant, and possession of his finest jewels."

You get the sense that this is not the whole story, but that its at the very least true: that he really wants the diamond, and badly enough to brave the ire of the Tyrant.

"I have been searching among exiled witches of Bel's kingdom, looking for someone hostile to him and who might have the power and connection to uncover his weakness."

"You probably knew most of that. Why do you wish to speak to me?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:09 AM   #1288
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"We care not for riches, but simply follow the path fate has laid out for us. We are told it is our destiny is intertwined with your own, and will lead us to the downfall of a tyrant. My name is Vassarious, and I ask for nothing for the aid I will give your quest... save for the rest of the truth of this story."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #1289
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He accepts the oaths.

"Bel is a Tyrant whose hands are soaked in blood and who boasts of his cruelty. Do I need a specific grievance?"
"I guess not, but I don't see many others walking around wearing a crown or assuming that any given person interested in them works for Bel."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"My objective is a diamond he has embedded in his scepter. It is the largest in the world. I collect such things, and he is ripe to fall. My name is Yi Belan, treasure hunter. I seek an end to the Tyrant, and possession of his finest jewels."

You get the sense that this is not the whole story, but that its at the very least true: that he really wants the diamond, and badly enough to brave the ire of the Tyrant.
Hm... Maybe if I got him talking I could see how committed he is to this treasure hunter persona...
Quote:
[685] 23-09-02 01:58:13 BST

Memetics!

3d6 <= 15
5 + 1 + 4 = 10 ... success
"Sounds like an expensive and dangerous hobby. What other gems have you nabbed?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"I have been searching among exiled witches of Bel's kingdom, looking for someone hostile to him and who might have the power and connection to uncover his weakness."
I describe the fortune teller V met, and ask if she was one of the witches he spoke with.

"Well if we have him done in we have no need for shiny baubles. If you're willing to cooperate with us, we could remember to pick up the sceptre before some looter runs off into the countryside with it. Sound good to you?"

"You wouldn't happen to have a spear, would you?"

Last edited by TGLS; 09-01-2023 at 06:59 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 09:30 AM   #1290
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I guess not, but I don't see many others walking around wearing a crown or assuming that any given person interested in them works for Bel."
"Most people don't have the talent and will to take on a tyrant... It appears that you do, or at least most of it. As for my precautions... I would be foolish to assume Bel does not have diviners constantly watching for new enemies."

Quote:
Hm... Maybe if I got him talking I could see how committed he is to this treasure hunter persona...

"Sounds like an expensive and dangerous hobby. What other gems have you nabbed?"
"Many, all from the hands of Kings, Magicians, and Champions. A spear from india. A warlord's jeweled cup from scythia. The guilded skull of a witch from my homeland. An pair of Ivory daggers from two royal brothers of Africa. A crown from a war-chief in Europe. All symbols of power and wealth. All held by those who thought themselves invulnerable."

"I make myself at home, enjoy some of the wealth, and then move on and find a new target."

Quote:
I describe the fortune teller V met, and ask if she was one of the witches he spoke with.
"No, I have not spoken with that one yet."

Quote:
"Well if we have him done in we have no need for shiny baubles. If you're willing to cooperate with us, we could remember to pick up the sceptre before some looter runs off into the countryside with it. Sound good to you?"
"It is most agreeable. I like this plan"

Quote:
"You wouldn't happen to have a spear, would you?"
I do... It is a beautiful work of art. Its owner was fated to die only by his own spear, so he made it to a valuable treasure and kept it locked in a vault. His Tyrant and supposed best friend had it taken out and stabbed him with it in a fit of paranoia." Yi Belan smiles. "I'm fond of that spear. treasure and drama and psychology, all in a simple object you can hold in your hand."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.