Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-27-2022, 06:32 AM   #31
hcobb

Default Re: Staff Zaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_in_IN View Post
I will also look into what it takes to make higher capacity power stones. I assume that the cost will increase in some geometric sequence .As a GM, I will need to be prepared for that.
Given that a roll of 18 ruins the entire enchantment it ought to be geometric rather than the linear $1k per point. The best way to avoid this is to gather ten enchanters and an equal number of apprentices together to make a Power 50 stone with a single roll over the course of two weeks.

Hopefully you can buy the 160 doses of healing potions at list price or less, in order to sell that for only $51K.

Of course we know that Healing Potion production doesn't pay so Healing Potions can't exist: https://www.hcobb.com/tft/Potion_Problems.html
Old 05-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #32
Skarg

Default Re: Staff Zaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
... Hopefully you can buy the 160 doses of healing potions at list price or less, in order to sell that for only $51K.

Of course we know that Healing Potion production doesn't pay so Healing Potions can't exist: https://www.hcobb.com/tft/Potion_Problems.html
We've certainly heard you claim so enough times, but that doesn't make it true.

How about instead of combining the ad hoc base price suggestions, and over-literal but selective rules readings (which have been countered almost as many times as you've posted them), and making conclusions based on what you yourself are saying does not add up, instead you imagine a specific market situation, and then figure out what the prices might logically be like in that situation?

It seems to me that worked problems with solutions that add up to reasonable numbers (that, yes, probably would not be exactly the ITL list price) would be more likely to be useful, and used, than just randomly attacking random threads with bogus claims such as "Healing potions can't exist".
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote