Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-29-2019, 07:32 AM   #151
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

It turns out they have a few rigs that can be set up this way. The biggest problem would be finding a place to set up in. Requisitioning the equipment is a breeze compared to all of the other hoops she has to jump through. It can all be shipped to the room she sleeps in.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #152
Plane

"I'll order the equipment and try setting it up, I suppose I'll find out if i can squeeze it in or if it's too small to fit all that"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:22 AM   #153
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Olive puts in the order, and is then told her quarters will be unavailable for 21 minutes and 42 seconds.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #154
Plane

To pass the time, will head back to help keep people in the lineup for medical again.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #155
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Olive lines the people up, once they start coming again after 10 minutes or so, and Dr. Kuse and Dr. West come out of their weird states. She lines people up and sees more of the strange behavior, and keeps feeling that stuffy feeling on and off.

Her System Access Unit chimes, telling her that her room is available again.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #156
Plane

She notifies whoever it is she would report to with line duty about needing a break, and when breaktime is available, returns to room to hopefully see the newly installed equipment and try to learn some skills from it.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:24 AM   #157
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The situation is much more manageable than when she showed up, possibly because most people are no longer being scanned, but merely tracked.

The room is now covered in screens, including the floor and ceiling. When she walks in, the voice of her System Access Unit says "Welcome to the Full Physical Office. I will walk you through how to use your Full Physical Office."

The screens shimmer, and she is instructed on how to use hand gestures to pull up screens and look at data. The screens appear "off" somehow, as though she was supposed to be physically handling them, but instead of floating in air they were displayed on a screen. Some commands were voice activated.

Her chosen topic was data analysis. She was unsure how much of the training was for the tools and how much was for the topic. Some pieces of information seem startling familiar, while others seem painfully new.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #158
Plane

Refreshes on the familiar, tries to bridge understanding to new topics, and work up to testing. Not sure how long that would take.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #159
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Olive quickly settles into a rhythm of study and experimentation. Using the new tools is the hardest part: they're very powerful, but Olive finds she uses them much more slowly than she expected to.

She's essentially trying to speed through a college degree. Even at a quick pace and solid knowledge of the subject matter, that will take at least a month, and quite possibly more. There will be a LOT of testing and she'll start it about three hours into the endeavor.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #160
Plane

3 hours is probably enough to take a break from studying to see how the medical team is doing with their new approach, Olive will head on over and see if it's possible to lurk on their discussions.