Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #1801
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
This appears to have been resolved with the current updates.
Yah. Even in Hawaii they cannot be stopped!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 01:22 PM   #1802
DouglasCole

Nordlond Bestiary USA Fulfillment Starts Tomorrow

I hesitated to give updates up until this one, because things were so very chaotic.

But the pallet of books has finally arrived at the fulfillment center. My contractor-partner there confirms that the pallet and boxes look to be un-spoiled (you have to say that like Saruman, you see) and that the books have been unloaded and brought into the warehouse.

Fulfillment starts tomorrow.

It’s about freakin’ time.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:07 PM   #1803
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Nordlond Bestiary USA Fulfillment Starts Tomorrow

]
Let the welkin ring! I have a book!

(arrived this afternoon, heavily packaged)
Old 06-15-2022, 10:10 PM   #1804
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Let the welkin ring! I have a book!

(arrived this afternoon, heavily packaged)
Glad it was well protected!
Old 06-24-2022, 12:11 PM   #1805
DouglasCole

BALLISTIC’S REPORT – WEEK ENDING JUNE 24, 2022

It’s been a pretty wild two weeks. First and foremost, my family and I went on a nice long vacation, for the first time in something like 8–10 years. The Bestiary went out on schedule and by this time we’re really only tracking stragglers and damaged books. The TFT Kickstarter closed at perhaps double what I was expecting, and is moving along in a spritely fashion. I’m also making simultaneous progress on multiple fronts. Really tired though.
  • • As noted, we’re down to stragglers on the Bestiary deliveries, and I’m likely to send out a “download your files now if you haven’t already” note combined with a “let me know if you haven’t received your stuff” and then formally close the project.
    • Till Death was a really successful project. I mean, not “life-changing,” but it had a lot going for it.
    o Funded on Day 1, and that was a big deal for multiple reasons
    o Very rapidly thumped the only real stretch goal
    o Had only a single day of no pledges, which means the campaign was well timed to avoid the painful “doldrums”
    o Had a nice uptick at the end as folks came in in the last 48 hours, closing at 572 backers, the second-highest number for my TFT works
    o About 5% of backers also got the In the Labyrinth softcover book, which means we added players to the game. Starter sets are good.
    o See below for a bit more analysis with more numbers.
    • I got the translation work done for Combate Épico em Masmorras, the translation of Fantastic Dungeon Grappling into Brazilian Portuguese, and got a preliminary graphic design and layout done.
    • Progress continues on the two Powered by GURPS projects.
    • I’m starting to cast my eye on Old School Essentials work for the KS after next. That one is important to Gaming Ballistic this year.

More details (a lot more) on my blog.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:41 AM   #1806
DouglasCole

Ballistic’s Report – Week Ending July 29, 2022

A very productive week.
  • Till Death Shipping is essentially complete; I have 16 international packages with orders queued up, and I hear that the boxes have arrived at GamesQuest…they just need to be checked in and then they’ll be mailed. That’ll be everyone.
  • Combate Épico em Masmorras has a local POD option for Brazilians. Cool.
  • It took me a bit longer than I was hoping, but I’ve edited and done a preliminary layout for Shields Up! It’s not a publish-worthy layout…but it will allow fight-testing. More than most of my work, this one will be driven by actual play feedback, and not theorycrafting. Oh, this means I formally accepted Danny’s manuscript and so he got paid for that milestone.
  • The two Bestiary contracts are signed.
  • The OSE solo kickstarter was approved over last weekend, and it’s already got 239 followers. I was mentioned in the Necrotic Gnome newsletter as well, which I reposted on my blog nearly in full.
  • Still a lot of behind the scenes work.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:17 AM   #1807
DouglasCole

I may be the only person at Gaming Ballistic, but it's still a business, and I like to keep folks up to date on what I'm doing now, and doing next.

An odd week this time, with some amazing "just keep hitting F5 until you believe it" and some sluggish work that's starting to turn around.
  • Till Death Shipping is complete.
  • Shields Up has begun playtesting
  • Serpents of Legend saw more progress
  • The OSE Solo Adventures Kickstarter continues to do very well
  • I did a bunch of editing on Dark Lord’s Doom, but not as much as I hoped.
  • Even more behind the scenes work, but that should be petering off soon.
  • Steve Jackson Games 2022 Pyramid Scheme Kickstarter came to a successful end.
  • I have done three interviews with folks talking about gaming stuff over the last week, and two of them are live. Check them out in my media section.

Full report here: https://gamingballistic.com/2022/08/...g-aug-12-2022/
Old 08-19-2022, 10:02 AM   #1808
DouglasCole

Ballistic’s Report – Week Ending Aug 19, 2022

This week was mostly head-down on the Old-School Essentials project, but also a bunch of playtesting done on two different Dungeon Fantasy RPG projects. Complicated by my wife being away and then arriving home on a delayed flight that landed at 1:15am. I still don’t know what day of the week it is.
  • The big push was on the Old-School Solos project. The campaign stands at a solid 540 backers as I type this, and has an astonishing 1,288 followers with 1,130 who will make the back/not-back decision in the final 48 hours of the campaign, it would seem.
  • I’m seeing a lot of dropped pledges this time; financial stresses abound.
  • Right after this goes live, I’ll be updating the campaign with a new stretch goal at 900 backers and adding the card deck as an add-on for purchase.
  • Shields Up playtest continues with a lot of good feedback. The biggest issues turfed up this week involved synergy and niche-stomping due to some overenthusiastic “and this skill applies too!” that we’ll pare back so that the Wrestler doesn’t become better with shields than (say) the Shield-Bearer from DFC3.
  • Serpents of Legend saw a near-complete draft as well as some active fight-tests. An amphisbaena surprised and TPK’d a party of 125-point characters; it did not TPK a party of 300-pointers. This is desired behavior, though we may tweak it down just a notch.
  • Another KS velocity note: the last four days have been good but definitely slower than the week prior. About 10 backers per day, with would put me at about 600 headed into the final 48 hours. That would still put the project somewhere in the 2nd through 4th best I’ve done, even without any conversion in the 48-hour surge.
  • I have finalized the core design elements for monster and NPC/PC cards for the OSE. Details below.
  • Dark Lord’s Doom is fully laid out, but I’m working with Rob Conley to adjust the fights. Right now they’re a bit killer.
  • The third interview for the OSE Kickstarter went live. Check that out in the media section.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:07 AM   #1809
DouglasCole

Has it really been three weeks? I guess so. I have, one might guess, been extremely busy. I would love to say “I’m going to keep this short,” but that never really works out for me. In this case, I have a plane to catch in a few hours, so type fast I shall!
  • The Nightmare Fuel bestiary project for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG went live on Backerkit Crowdfunding, hitting 50% funding in the first 24 hours. This is against a non-trivial funding goal; it’s also better than my projects usually do on day one (about 1/3), so that bodes well.
  • Special Note: As stated, this is on Backerkit Crowdfunding, not Kickstarter. Please check it out. Three new authors, and a single stretch goal that is lofty but actually in reach if we can come in just under the totals for the Nordlond Bestiary.
  • The OSE solos project is heading to its conclusion. All books have been ordered and sent to the printer(s). The quick-reference cards are proceeding to plan. Rules Tomes are in hand. As soon as the cards are done and the books arrive – both scheduled for late next week – they start going into the mail.
  • Shields Up! got a direct release and is on sale in both Print and PDF on the Gaming Ballistic Shopify Store. The comments I have (usually from shield enthusiasts) have been very positive
  • I am behind on art direction for Nightmare Fuel, but that is pretty much all I’ll be doing this weekend.

Read the full post here
Old 10-16-2022, 01:00 PM   #1810
DouglasCole

Shields Up hardcopies are in!

The softcover print books for Shields Up came in yesterday!

Everyone who has ordered one from Gaming Ballistic Shopify Store, they go into the mail tomorrow.

This product is also available via the Nightmare Fuel campaign on Backerkit.

Tags
blog, blogs, committed aim, dungeon grappling, modern firepower, pass limb