Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
zackgoodin

Default how to combine munchkins

how would i combine munchkin with munchkin zombie and munchkin apocalypse
zackgoodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: how to combine munchkins

Shuffle all the Doors together and shuffle all the Treasures together, then enjoy!

You can also check out the Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands rules for more tips about how cards might interact when blending. Also take a look at the end of the Munchkin Apocalypse rules for the extra way to open Seals.

Note that with this specific combination of decks, the following will apply... Disasters and Curses are the same thing, so anything that works on one will work on the other too. Mojos are not the same as anything else, so you will be able to have one Race, one Class and one Mojo.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
jdelcarp89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Shuffle all the Doors together and shuffle all the Treasures together, then enjoy!

You can also check out the Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands rules for more tips about how cards might interact when blending. Also take a look at the end of the Munchkin Apocalypse rules for the extra way to open Seals.

Note that with this specific combination of decks, the following will apply... Disasters and Curses are the same thing, so anything that works on one will work on the other too. Mojos are not the same as anything else, so you will be able to have one Race, one Class and one Mojo.
So for example I could be a zombie elf kid, and I would get their associated perks and bad stuff?
jdelcarp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Enzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelcarp89 View Post
So for example I could be a zombie elf kid, and I would get their associated perks and bad stuff?
Correct. :) Elf is a Race, Kid is a Class, and then the various types of Zombie (e.g. Atomic Zombie, Plague Zombie) are Mojos. You can have one of each (barring special cards like Super Munchkin and Half-Breed). Additionally, since Munchkin Zombies has Powers, you can have some of those, too, per the Munchkin Zombies rules :)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
munchkin_account

I'm reluctant to blend Apocalypse with the rest of my cards, cause there are a few cards that require you to shuffle something back to the deck and it's a great pain to do mid-game. And the issues with Seals... Maybe Apocalypse is better on its own.
munchkin_account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
six's monkey

My tablet's browser chokes when I try to search this forum, but I recall a discussion elsewhere about blending Zombies and Apocalypse. An intriguing suggestion there was to keep the decks separated and work out mechanics for gaining or losing the zombie status.
Zombies would draw from zombie doors and treasures, non-zombies would use apocalypse doors and treasures.
Much remains to be figured out, but I like the feel of the thought in my head. :-)
six's monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #7
SirBuck

Does anybody use card sleeves when Blending two flavors of Munchkin together to hide what set the cards are from?
SirBuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin