Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Icelander

Default [RPM] Cultists of the Cold Ones (Apocalyptic Cult of the Path of Nonexistence)

In my campaign, Caribbean by Night (despite the name, currently set in Galveston, Texas), I need to make up around thirty or so cultists who belong to the Keepers of the Last Hearth, an apocalyptic cult devoted to the Lords of the Last Waste, vast, cool, unsympathetic intelligences that devour all life, light, heat, love, hope and possibilities.

There will be about five leaders, each with their own group of assistants, students, followers and hangers-on. Most of the people involved in the ritual in question come from South America, with previous NPCs associated with this cult having come from such South American countries as Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. There are also North American members, however, and the cult seems to be worldwide.

I'm looking for two South American leaders, one from the United States and one from somewhere else in the world. Random dice determination tell me that the American one is female, young and attractive and that she has eight followers (none of whom amount to much).

We know that she was born with an aptitude for magic and that she was somehow recruited into the wing of the Keepers of the Last Hearth that is led by a mysterious Hidden Master in South America.

What kind of person would join an apocalyptic cult?

Is she an academic (a lot of the capable ritual magicians tend to be, because magic tends to require languages not in common use and actual functioning written rituals are always older than a century)?

What's her connection to South America?

Should she be a native Texan or from somewhere else in the US?

Edit: The dice tell me she is some kind of Asian-American, comes from California, is college educated and of high Status and Wealth.

What does that tell us?

---

Any ideas at all?

What about the other leaders, any thoughts?

Where in the world should the non-Americas one come from?

Edit: Unless I get better ideas, I'm going with a man from China, a man from Arica, Chile and a woman from Bogota, Colombia.

For a title for the Chinese magician, I'm looking for the Western transliteration of 'Father Dragon', 'Black Dragon Father' or something similar. The kind of title that a Chinese organized crime boss might have, one that controls an organization that is known as 'Red Dragon' in Latin America.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-08-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cultist, rpm, vile vortices