Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #761
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

sorry, I phrased that wrong, I didn't mean holding breath for a long period of time, I meant breathing when exposed to air and holding when exposed to water: the skill of not breathing in water (I can attest this is a real thing and one of the huge differences between an poor swimmer and someone who has trained at it)

I certainly agree breath control is separate from swimming.

Its not a big deal either way though.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #762
rorikdude12

Other dudes, could you respond to Jacob's tactical suggestion? I think Totem is waiting for us to agree or act or whatever.
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #763
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
Other dudes, could you respond to Jacob's tactical suggestion? I think Totem is waiting for us to agree or act or whatever.
It's fine; it's one of those wonderful times of year where everything suddenly starts happening at once, so I was expecting a bit of disruption. I'll keep Michael's side of things going in the mean time, and review progress in a couple of days (to be honest my Friday evenings are about to vanish again so things were going to slow slightly on that front anyway).
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #764
momothefiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
Roll DX as previously indicated to see if Jorin moved aside before inhaling. If appropriate adjust the result of the HT roll accordingly and roll damage.
DX 10, roll 13
1d+2 = 7

It's suddenly important for me to confirm whether the full burn healing happened at WH or if Jorin's unconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
Sorry about that. School started Tuesday and I've been very busy in addition to having no internet for a large chunk of that. Things should be a bit better from here.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #765
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
DX 10, roll 13
1d+2 = 7

It's suddenly important for me to confirm whether the full burn healing happened at WH or if Jorin's unconscious.
Burn healing (which I'm guessing came from Retalsk) had time to heal at the Western Harbour. While artificial healing methods might not have worked, they do know how to ensure that you have optimal conditions for normal recovery.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #766
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

So welcoming, yet so inconveniently difficult!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #767
Totem

Okay, we've had a chance to catch up. Can we have some kind of thoughts on Jacob's suggestion, or some kind of counter-suggestions? I know what it feels like when you try to do something clever and interesting and everyone appears to be ignoring you, and it's a tad depressing. Sam doesn't have Tactics, Strategy, or serious combat experience, so you really don't want me to use him to prompt action here.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #768
Lamech

Its a good idea. Don't repeat the dream. I like the idea actually. I'm just cleaning up the poison. For my next trick I'm going to shoot into the air and try and draw fire while tanking it with my missile shield. And hope to hell they don't have rockets designed to explode on a proximity. I'm gonna make an IC response.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #769
rorikdude12

Already said, Jacob is sneaking around toward the mortar's source from the left.
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #770
momothefiddler

I need to know how much time there's been. Jorin will sneak around with Jacob, but he was also going to cast things on John so that John didn't have to dance and get shot but then John didn't listen and now I'm a bit confused about what's what. I could just ignore any extra time and proceed to sneaking I guess.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire