Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #17
MatthewVilter

Default Re: DWA and rapid strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Without additional Advantages there are two ways to attack with 2 weapons in 1 turn.

an Attack option that works with any attack maneuver for a -4/-4 penalty is Dual weapon Attack.

or the Attack maneuver All Out Attack(Double), for -0/-0 to hit but sarrficing defence.

that how you can attack with 2 weapon in one turn. BUT because AoA(Double) is an Attack maneuver you can also use the attack option DWA with it getting 3 attacks at -0/-4/-4 .
Okay wow this is complex stuff. I think I can keep up. :)

How do we know that DWA is an option and not a maneuver? Okay it is NOT a maneuver because all the maneuvers are listed on pages B364-366 but how does that make it an "attack option"? What is an "attack option"? The only information I can see about how to make a DWA is "...instead of an AoA (Double)..." or as a "trade" for one of multiple attacks.

Okay if it is an attack option can you AoA (Double) and DWA with the first attack and RS with the second for 4 attacks at -4/-8/-6/-6? You may not "trade" more than one attack for RS in a turn and it's the same for DWA but this is one of each.
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat rules, dual-weapon attack, two-handed combinations