Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
TheDS

Default GURPS Ogre Factory States

In addition to getting Munchkin 5 yesterday, I also picked up a GURPS Ogre book. In the history, at the end, it said something like "To be continued in GURPS Ogre, the Factory States Era". I haven't been able to find it so I'm wondering if it's been published yet.

If not, it seems to me that it would be the perfect way to bring GURPS Ogre into 4th edition, not unlike was done with Traveller. I noticed in the book that many of the important vehicles were given G3 stats; when Vehicles comes out, it would become possible to stat out the vehicles with the new rules, or even to stat them out like characters/items.

Of course, this begs another question: for those of you who have and use this book, do you run this like an RPG, or are you tempted to run it more like a game of GEV? (Or, I suppose Mechwarrior would be the real comparison here.)

Visit (and LIKE) the new More in Sanity page at:
www.facebook.com/moreinsanity
TheDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Paul

Default Re: GURPS Ogre Factory States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDS
In addition to getting Munchkin 5 yesterday, I also picked up a GURPS Ogre book. In the history, at the end, it said something like "To be continued in GURPS Ogre, the Factory States Era". I haven't been able to find it so I'm wondering if it's been published yet.
Sadly, GURPS Factory States was never published.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
TheDS

So I take it no one has played GURPS Ogre?

Visit (and LIKE) the new More in Sanity page at:
www.facebook.com/moreinsanity
TheDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
bjork

Quote:
I actually GM:ed a couple of session for a bunch of friends, but sadly the campaign died out. They were boarder guard and had one GEV Truck with one atomic bomb (not missile, bomb) with them.

I think the campaign ended when they had tried to sneak up on some rebels and the special ops guy in the "stealth" powersuit was flying directly towards their base (his idea of sneaking was that the technology did the sneaking and he did the charging). A missile was fired at him but his counter measures distracted it so it blew the arm of one of the other players...

One big problem with the campaign was that none of the players wanted to A) lead the other and B) have to take orders from somebody else. Given that they are all Swedes (well two are half-italians raised in Sweden) I find this statement about Swedes fitting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
they're all Liberal Pinko Commie Treehuggers. ;)

RPG supplement addict - mistake them for literature...
bjork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
Gudiomen

Quote:
I actually browsed at it oh so long ago, didn't peak my interest. I'm guessing that's the general consensus, since I don't see a lot of topics, games or demand for Ogre.
Can't remember anything much, but I doubt many people would miss it. SJGames not being a RPG Pulbishing tycoon with a mass market and limitless printing and editing capacity, I'd rather they focus on more popular/useful material.
Gudiomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
sjmdw45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork
A missile was fired at him but his counter measures distracted it so it blew the arm off one of the other players...
Ouch, harsh realism. Did you have to stop the game, or did someone else take over his character while he went for medical attention?

-Max

;) Couldn't resist.
sjmdw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:44 AM   #7
bjork

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmdw45
Ouch, harsh realism. Did you have to stop the game, or did someone else take over his character while he went for medical attention?
heh, maybe that was why the other players didn't want to play any more... :)

RPG supplement addict - mistake them for literature...
bjork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #8
vesper

I actually used it in infinte worlds. The players nammed it Patton I, not so much after the general but the tank. The goverment marked it as off limits due to the high technology but then sent agents, the players, to steal it.

It went well for several games, they managed to steal a database and a ogre brain out of a crippled tank. Then theu moved to Alamo II where the centrum reinforced the alamo and changed the outcome...

but I used it for a shor stint
vesper
vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Kersus

This is an RPG on my "Play before I die" list. I'm not entirely sure what to do for a scenario. A Dude Where's My Car style on a new prototype Heavy GEV? Each play a Mark I on the run after killing their human squad? I want to pull it away from being a combat oriented game into a mystery style game within the world.
Kersus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Hmm. Foyle's War with Ogres....

Tags
gurps ogre, ogre