Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2021, 06:40 AM   #1
Kesendeja

Default I'd like help with a new disadvantage

Converting a character's concept from another game the Player wanted to keep a flaw of theirs. They were born under a bad sign and sometimes fate conspired against them. This anti-luck is easy to write up, but much harder to price. I'd like some help making it playable, and fairly priced.

Quote:
Bad Luck
Variable
You were born under a bad sign, and fate seems to conspire against you!

Bad Luck: Once per hour of play, the GM may make you reroll a successful die roll twice and take the worst result. They do not have to declair that the fates are against you until the first roll is made.

Extraordinary Bad Luck: As above but it can happen every thirty minutes.

Ridiculously Bad Luck: The gods truly hate you. Every ten minutes you may need to roll.

Unlike Luck, your bad luck may affect any cooperative roll you are involved in. But at least it doesn’t’ transfer to rolls only made by others.

Special Limitations
Aspected: Your Bad Luck applies only to one specific class of related tasks, such as athletics, social interactions, or skills you use at your job. “Combat” is a valid choice, but it only affects weapon skill rolls, active defenses, and ST or DX rolls for close combat – not DX rolls to avoid tripping, HT rolls to survive, etc. -20%.

Tags
disadvantage, luck