Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #31
Langy

Default Re: [GURPS Powers: Divine Favor] Druid Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
It's cosmic +infinity% (^_-) (or +∞% for the non-unicode challenged)
I'm really starting to think about 'Cosmic' character points, which can be used to purchase otherwise-unavailable advantages in GURPS that would do things like provide 'ultimate' protection or be unresistable (except against other 'Cosmic' advantages, of course).
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:02 AM   #32
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
I'm really starting to think about 'Cosmic' character points, which can be used to purchase otherwise-unavailable advantages in GURPS that would do things like provide 'ultimate' protection or be unresistable (except against other 'Cosmic' advantages, of course).
Infinite points are a tool for the GM. If, for example, an area exudes a cosmic magical aura that causes hallucinations and forces every player made roll to be rolled thrice and the worst result be kept (I've done so, remember, I play very high powered DF), then it's his prerrogative. If a titular god, not his avatar, descends to earth, it can do whatever it well pleases. In fact, 3rd ed had the concept of fnord points (IIRC, in the writeup of the head of the IOU).

(It affected every non-elder thing in the area, and they were obviously fighting an elder thing, but maybe a mentalist would have been able to resist, and a dark one or elder spawn would not have been affected)
My stuff on e23

Last edited by Kuroshima; 03-13-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #33
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
There's not actually a Cosmic that makes resistance rolls fail automatically. That's specifically something cosmic can't do.
Then what is it that that tiered system of Comics in GURPS Powers does?
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #34
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Then what is it that that tiered system of Comics in GURPS Powers does?
Those are for overcoming immunities. Cosmic overcomes Immunity, but they still get a resistance roll.

So if I have Immunity to Mind Control and you have Mind Control (Cosmic, +50%), then you ignore my immunity, but I still get my normal resistance roll.

With the different tiers of Cosmic, the higher levels overcome the lower levels in the same way.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #35
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Those are for overcoming immunities. Cosmic overcomes Immunity, but they still get a resistance roll.

So if I have Immunity to Mind Control and you have Mind Control (Cosmic, +50%), then you ignore my immunity, but I still get my normal resistance roll.

With the different tiers of Cosmic, the higher levels overcome the lower levels in the same way.
Right. With the tiered system in Powers, there is only one true Cosmic power modifier and possibly (for numbers of tiers greater than 2) some lesser powers that are still superior to the tiers below them. The existence of tiers does not change the basic assumption that no modifier automatically overcomes resistance rolls.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #36
ErhnamDJ

Does anyone know where there are stats for a swarm of bees? I'd like to add that as a summonable Ally, but I don't have stats for it.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #37
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Does anyone know where there are stats for a swarm of bees? I'd like to add that as a summonable Ally, but I don't have stats for it.
There's a brief description of a bee swarm in B461. Did you need more detail than that?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #38
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
There's a brief description of a bee swarm in B461. Did you need more detail than that?
To make it an Ally would require a writeup with point value...
Old 03-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #39
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
To make it an Ally would require a writeup with point value...
Hmm, yes... We could dope it out easily enough, I think. IQ should be 1, ST will be pretty low, maybe 1 as well [note the 12 hits required to disperse a swarm, though]. DX might be average, but you could justify it being a bit better. HT could be average. Senses: Acute or Discriminatory Smell, maybe Vibration Sense, maybe weak normal vision, Flight... What's missing? IA for the sting, Extra Legs... anything else?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #40
Kalzazz

I for one have no issues with people posting awesome stuff on the forum instead of submitting it to Pyramid, as I have all the faith in the world that Steven Marsh can make his reaction roll vs the muses to assemble 25k words of goodness even if people post things to the forum

So any cool stuff that gets posted to the forum is extra awesomeness, as a 5k article on the forum doesn't mean Pyramid will be only 20k

Oh, and it is extra cool that ErhnamDJ put horse stats in since I requested those! Thanks!
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
divine favor, powers