Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #541
DaltonS
 
DaltonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ont. CANADA
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

More for the wishlist: please add "Essential Fuel" option (SS7 p.20) to fuel tanks. This would affect fuel cost (see below) and engine performance (×10 thrust or power). Requires TL^.
Code:
Tech Level  TL0^    TL1^    TL2^    TL3^    TL4^    TL5^    TL6^    TL7^    TL8^    TL9^   TL10^   TL11^   TL12^
+Cost/ton  $1,780  $1,840  $1,920  $2,000  $2,200  $3,200  $4,600  $6,000  $7,400 $10,200 $16,000 $22,000 $30,000
Dalton “while not Essential, this Trail needs Blazing” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #542
ericbsmith
 
ericbsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
More for the wishlist: please add "Essential Fuel" option (SS7 p.20) to fuel tanks. This would affect fuel cost (see below) and engine performance (×10 thrust or power).
Where does it say anything about x10 thrust or power? All I see is x10 delta-V.
__________________
Eric B. Smith GURPS Data File Coordinator
GURPSLand
The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by what you do with the time that comes after.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #543
DaltonS
 
DaltonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ont. CANADA
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Oops! Sorry, I misread it. According the GURPS Magic p.179;
Quote:
Essential Fuel burns 10 times as long as regular fuel, with one-third the usual pollution (smoke, radiation, etc.).
Dalton “too embarrassed to come up with a good tagline” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #544
apoc527
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

How difficult would it be to simply rename systems for a specific campaign setting? I am seriously pondering using GURPS to run a Star* Drive game n the next few years (yea, I have time!). The ability to make very large ships is critical (fortress ships are 4 km long, for example). I see that adding custom systems has already been requests, but I don't know if that will even be necessary for me. Thanks!
__________________
-apoc527
My Campaigns

Currently Playing: GURPS Dark*Matter: 2016

Inactive:
Star*Drive: 2525-Hunting for Fun and Profit
My THS Campaign-In the Shadows of Venus
Yrth--The Legend Begins
The XCOM Apocalypse
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #545
DaltonS
 
DaltonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ont. CANADA
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

One more for the wishlist: a switch that would make manning certain habitats optional (that is no warning message). Why? Sometimes ships are deliberately understaffed, with certain crew using multiple facilities part time. (Example: a science officer might have a control room station, an office, a lab and periodically oversees a rec room establishment with the ship's doctor, who has her own sickbay, lab and office.) In addition, in commercial vessels (and buildings) some facilities are intended to be rented out to passengers on a temporary basis.
Dalton “who'd also like a non-control room crew list” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #546
ericbsmith
 
ericbsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
How difficult would it be to simply rename systems for a specific campaign setting? I am seriously pondering using GURPS to run a Star* Drive game n the next few years (yea, I have time!). The ability to make very large ships is critical (fortress ships are 4 km long, for example). I see that adding custom systems has already been requests, but I don't know if that will even be necessary for me. Thanks!
Some things can be renamed fairly easily, however for many items the name (or parts of the name) is used in formulas, so renaming them can seriously break things.

For best results I'd just get the design you want then take one of the outputs from the Output sheet then rename them from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
One more for the wishlist: a switch that would make manning certain habitats optional (that is no warning message). Why?
Along with Essential Fuel, this was something I added weeks ago. I really need to push the last update forward.
__________________
Eric B. Smith GURPS Data File Coordinator
GURPSLand
The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by what you do with the time that comes after.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #547
Daigoro
 
Daigoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Meifumado
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Along with Essential Fuel, this was something I added weeks ago.
It's been apparent for a while that working on this spreadsheet has activated some latent psychic powers.
__________________
Collaborative Settings:
Cyberpunk: Duopoly Nation
Space Opera: Behind the King's Eclipse
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #548
Snoman314
 
Snoman314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

I don't normally follow this thread, but I searched and didn't find this mentioned.

It seems that the "No Life Support" option doesn't increase the number of passenger seats by x2, and NBC filters only doesn't seem to have made any difference either.

Secondly, changing between off-road and regular wheeled drivetrains didn't change the top speed at all. Top speed should drop by 10 mph for of-road.
Snoman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #549
ericbsmith
 
ericbsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

I've been working on the sheet off and on for a little while now. I think I have Vorkosigan support set, but am still vetting it. Vorkosigan had some odd hitches which have taken some time, which slowed down progress everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman314 View Post
It seems that the "No Life Support" option doesn't increase the number of passenger seats by x2, and NBC filters only doesn't seem to have made any difference either.

Secondly, changing between off-road and regular wheeled drivetrains didn't change the top speed at all. Top speed should drop by 10 mph for of-road.
I should have both of these issues fixed for my next update (whenever that will be - hopefully in the next few weeks).
__________________
Eric B. Smith GURPS Data File Coordinator
GURPSLand
The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by what you do with the time that comes after.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #550
Snoman314
 
Snoman314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I should have both of these issues fixed for my next update (whenever that will be - hopefully in the next few weeks).
Awesome :D
Snoman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.