Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #521
Hannes665

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Daredevil

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Marital Status: None.
Known Relatives: Jonathan ("Battlin' Jack", father, deceased), Grace (mother, deceased).
Group Affiliation: None.
Base of Operations: Hell's Kitchen, New York City.
563 points
Attributes:
ST 14 [40]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d; BL 39; HP 14 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 15 [15]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.5 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 13.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Ambidexterity [5]; Catfall (Biological, -10%) [9]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Contact: Ben Urich (Daily Bugle Reporter) (Effective Skill 15; Usually Reliable; Frequency: 9 or less) [4]; Contact: Turk Barrett (Underworld) (Effective Skill 12; Unreliable; Frequency: 12 or less) [1]; Daredevil [15]; Discriminatory Hearing (Passive Biological, -10%) [15]; Discriminatory Smell (Emotion Sense, +50%; Passive Biological, -5%) [22]; Discriminatory Taste (Passive Biological, -5%) [10]; Enhanced Dodge 3 [45]; Enhanced Parry (All Parries) 3 [30]; Fearlessness 5 [10]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Imaging Radar (Extended Arc: 360°, +125%; No Intercept, +50%; Super, -10%) [53]; Parabolic Hearing 3 (Passive Biological, -5%) [12]; Perfect Balance (Passive Biological, -5%) [15]; Sensitive Touch (Stethoscopic, +50%; Ultra-Fine, +30%; Passive Biological, -5%) [18]; Trained By A Master [30]; Very Fit [15]; Vibration Sense (Passive Biological, -5%) [10]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Off-Hand Weapon Training (Smallsword) [1]; Robust Hearing [1]; Style Familiarity: Boxing [1]; Style Familiarity: Escrima [1]; Swinging [1].
Disadvantages: Blindness [-50]; Charitable (9) [-22]; Code of Honor (Hero's) [-10]; Flashbacks (Mild) [-5]; Guilt Complex [-5]; Light Sleeper [-5]; Obsession: Eliminate Organized Crime (Long-Term Goal) (9) [-15]; On The Edge (9) [-22]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Secret Identity (Imprisonment) [-20]; Selfless (9) [-7]; Sense of Duty: Residents of Hell's Kitchen (Large Group) [-10]; Social Stigma (Blind) [-5]; Susceptible to Loud Noises -5 [-20].
Quirks: Habit: Makes Light of His Blindness [-1]; Likes to Help Underdogs [-1].
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+1 [4] – 15*; Area Knowledge (Hell's Kitchen) (E) IQ [1] – 12; Armoury/TL8 (Melee Weapons) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Blind Fighting (VH) Per+3 [20] – 18; Boxing (A) DX+2 [8] – 16; Boxing Sport (A) DX [1] – 14†; Climbing (A) DX+0 [1] – 14; Connoisseur (Music) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Detect Lies (H) Per [4] – 16; Flail (H) DX+2 [12] – 16; Games (Boxing) (E) IQ [1] – 12; Holdout (A) IQ [2] – 12; Intimidation (A) Will+2 [8] – 14; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Karate (H) DX+2 [12] – 16; Law (New York City) (H) IQ+2 [12] – 14; Lockpicking/TL8 (A) IQ [2] – 12; Main-Gauche (A) DX+2 [7] – 16‡; Observation (A) Per-1 [1] – 15; Power Blow (H) Will+1 [8] – 13; Pressure Points (H) IQ [4] – 12; Shadowing (A) IQ+2 [8] – 14; Smallsword (A) DX+2 [8] – 16; Stealth (A) DX+2 [8] – 16; Streetwise (A) IQ+2 [8] – 14; Thrown Weapon (Stick) (E) DX+2 [4] – 16; Tracking (A) Per+5 [20] – 20.
Techniques: Aggressive Parry (Karate) (H) def+1 [2] – 15; Arm Lock (Smallsword) (A) def+4 [4] – 20; Choke Hold (Smallsword) (H) def+3 [4] – 16; Counterattack (Boxing) (H) def+5 [6] – 16; Disarming (Smallsword) (H) def+5 [6] – 21; Elbow Strike (Karate) (A) def+2 [2] – 16; Feint (Boxing) (H) def+4 [5] – 20; Feint (Smallsword) (H) def+4 [5] – 20; Knee Strike (Karate) (A) def+1 [1] – 16; Targeted Attack (Boxing Punch/Face) (H) def+3 [4] – 14; Targeted Attack (Smallsword Swing/Arm) (H) def+1 [2] – 15; Targeted Attack (Smallsword Swing/Hand) (H) def+2 [3] – 14; Uppercut (Boxing) (A) def+1 [1] – 16.
Starting Spending Money: $7,960 (20% Starting Wealth, minus the cost of two batons).

* Includes +1 from Perfect Balance.
† Defaulted from Boxing.
‡ Defaulted from Smallsword.

Design Notes:
1. The combat penalties that Daredevil would normally have due to his Blindness have been effectively counteracted by his Imaging Radar advantage.
Regarding his Disadvantage Blindness, would it not be more accurate to remove it as a disadvantage and place it in his Image Rader as a temporary disadvantage -50%. Since he is not blind as it΄s normally defined in Gurps rather with a diffrent type of vision via his radar. But when his radar is disabled for example with sonic attacks or his power is neutralized he goes blind.

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #522
Hannes665

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Mister Fantastic

Identity: Publicly known.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Central City, California.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Nathaniel (father; deceased).
Group Affiliation: Fantastic Four.
Base of Operations: The Fantastic, known space; the Baxter Building, Manhattan, New York City.
History: When Reed Richards was attending college, he already had the basis of a theory that would allow for faster-than-light travel, building on the equations of Steven Hawking and others. He told his college roommates, Ben Grimm and Victor von Duum, of these plans; in response to this, Grimm half-jokingly volunteered to pilot the first manned craft (see Doctor Doom; Thing).

Reed and Victor argued incessantly over the scientific calculations; while Reed saw this as simply a friendly exchange of ideas, Victor saw otherwise. In anger one day, Vic stormed out of the room; this was the last Reed saw of him for several years.

After several years of working for various scientific think-tank firms and aerospace firms, Reed and Ben, working for NASA, finally developed a working prototype of the stardrive. While the drive was being installed on a space shuttle frame, which Reed named the Fantastic, he met and began dating Sue Storm, whose father, Franklin, was the chief medical officer of the project. Sue's younger brother, Johnny, eventually joined the staff as a mechanic (see Human Torch, Invisible Woman).

During the first test of the hyperspace drive, what was supposed to be a quick run from Earth to Mars and back, the shields on board proved unable to withstand the unusual radiation of hyperspace. The four crewmembers – Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben – were bombarded with radiation the ship's shielding could not keep out. It was only due to a last-minute jury-rig of Johnny's that the ship was able to return to Earth. (Reed has since analyzed the radiation and adjusted the shields on the Fantastic accordingly.)

Not long after, Reed and the others manifested their superhuman powers. Since then, Reed has divided him time between working on a cure for Ben Grimm, his blossoming romance with Sue, his graduate studies professor position at Empire State University, and leading the Fantastic Four.
Height: 6' 1".
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown with white temples.
Uniform: Dark blue bodysuit with a stylized 4 on the left breast, white belt, white gloves, white boots.
Strength Level: Mr. Fantastic has the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Reed possesses the ability to expand, reshape, and retract any portion of his body. He is able to stretch his extremities to 10 times their original length, bend any part of his body in any shape, compact to become a large ball, or expand and thin himself out to become akin to a trampoline. His body naturally absorbs impacts; even bullets don't do more than scratch him.
Other Abilities: Reed Richards is acknowledged as one of the smartest men on Earth – perhaps even the smartest. He is a genius in both nuclear and astrophysics, focusing on the theoretical aspects of both. He has developed a number of scientific advancements, most notably the faster-than-light drive installed on the Fantastic, and the unstable molecules from which the Fantastic Four's uniforms are composed of.
Paraphernalia: Reed Richards' Fantastic Four uniforms and regular clothing have been created using unstable molecules, enabling them to stretch, expand, and contract when he does.

584 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 15 [100]; HT 11 [10].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20; HP 10 [0]; Will 12 [-15]; Per 12 [-15]; FP 11 [0]; Basic Speed 6 [5]; Basic Move 6 [0].
Advantages: Ambidexterity [5]; Double-Jointed (Super, -10%) [14]; High Manual Dexterity 4 [20]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Independent Income 20 [20]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction, /10; Homogenous; Super, -10%) [171]; Lightning Calculator [2]; Mathematical Ability 4 [40]; Morph (Cosmetic, -50%; Super, -10%) [40]; Reputation (Smartest Man Alive) 4 (Almost Everyone, All the Time) [20]; Security Clearance 2 (Minor Importance, -50%) [5]; Single-Minded [5]; Stretching 4 (Super, -10%) [22]; Super Jump 1 (Bouncing Only, -50%; Super, -10%) [4]; Tenure [5]; Versatile [5].
Perks: Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages: Clueless [-10]; Code of Honor (Hero's) [-5]; Enemy (Doctor Doom; Equal in Power; 9 or less) [-10]; Honesty (9) [-15]; Oblivious [-5]; Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]; Selfless (12) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Humanity) [-15]; Vow (Cure Ben Grimm) (Major Vow) [-10]; Workaholic [-5].
Quirks: Attentive [-1]; Careful [-1]; Dual Identity [-1]; Staid [-1].
Skills: Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ [1] – 15; Computer Programming/TL8 (H) IQ [4] – 15; Science! (WC) IQ+10 [144] – 25*; Spacer/TL8 (E) IQ [1] – 15; Teaching (A) IQ-1 [1] – 14; Vacc Suit/TL8 (A) DX-1 [1] – 11; Weird Science (VH) IQ [8] – 15; Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14.

* Conditional: May Include +4 from Mathematical Ability

The changes in Reed's sheet are entirely with his skills. If anyone is suitable for the Science! wildcard skill, it's Reed. :)
Regarding his IQ, should it not be higher? Some were between 18-20? Being the smartest man alive. Same can be said about Tony Stark 16-17 and Doctor Doom that is supposed be almost as smart as Reed Richards, 17-19.

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Old 05-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #523
mmeloche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes665 View Post
Regarding his Disadvantage Blindness, would it not be more accurate to remove it as a disadvantage and place it in his Image Rader as a temporary disadvantage -50%. Since he is not blind as it΄s normally defined in Gurps rather with a diffrent type of vision via his radar. But when his radar is disabled for example with sonic attacks or his power is neutralized he goes blind.
No, it's right as written. If for whatever reason his scanning sense weren't working, he'd be blind -- as opposed to the scanning sense causing his blindness. Also, scanning sense does not fix being blind -- he likely cannot see colors, and certainly can't read text from a distance (though I'm sure he can read by touch)
mmeloche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #524
Hannes665

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeloche View Post
No, it's right as written. If for whatever reason his scanning sense weren't working, he'd be blind -- as opposed to the scanning sense causing his blindness. Also, scanning sense does not fix being blind -- he likely cannot see colors, and certainly can't read text from a distance (though I'm sure he can read by touch)
In some comic versions he can read street signs, posters and even news paper text from a distance. For example he could read Punisher skull sympol on his T-Shirt.

-50 disad for blindness were he can not see anything at all is worth -50 pts. He has a 360° "vision" via his radar, he even seems to have a type of enhanced time sense since he can see bullet flight (but it seems to be build into radar). He can΄t see color - so he is color blind.

Color blindness -10 pts.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #525
mmeloche

Quote:
In some comic versions he can read street signs, posters and even news paper text from a distance. For example he could read Punisher skull sympol on his T-Shirt.

-50 disad for blindness were he can not see anything at all is worth -50 pts. He has a 360° "vision" via his radar, he even seems to have a type of enhanced time sense since he can see bullet flight (but it seems to be build into radar). He can΄t see color - so he is color blind.

Color blindness -10 pts.
Wait. Are you arguing rules, or the character? Blindness RAW states "Note that Scanning Sense (p. 81) and Vibration Sense (p. 96) are not vision; you may take either of these traits in conjunction with Blindness, at the usual point costs."

If you're arguing how he SHOULD be written (as opposed to rules), then I submit to greater geeks than I.
mmeloche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #526
Snaps

Mr. Fantastic seems way underpowered. I don't think Injury Tolerance /10 comes close to representing his resistance to damage.

No hand held firearm is going to harm him in the slightest. I think he might even be able to contain the explosions of things like Bazooka's and small missiles. I'm pretty sure he can survive things like punches from the Hulk.

He can also reflect a lot of these attacks back at the attacker.

He probably also needs some limited Super Strength. He can wrap himself around and contain people far stronger than himself. If he stretched himself across a road, couldn't he stop a moving car?

I think he once survived being sucked up and used as chewing gum by the Hulk =D
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #527
Phantasm

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Color blindness -10 pts.
Quote:
Wait. Are you arguing rules, or the character? Blindness RAW states "Note that Scanning Sense (p. 81) and Vibration Sense (p. 96) are not vision; you may take either of these traits in conjunction with Blindness, at the usual point costs."

If you're arguing how he SHOULD be written (as opposed to rules), then I submit to greater geeks than I.
I wrestled with what I wanted my take on DD to be for some time before I started putting together his power set. The movie version has his "radar" sense being more like passive sonar, while in one comics depiction in the late-'80s/early-'90s - the one I ultimately went with - it showed him able to "see" the individual scales on a fish while unable to see the contents of a photo. Another depicted him as essentially "seeing" normally, with a normal vision arc, in shades of grey with varying intensity for brightness; that version had him looking at photographs and seeing what was on them.

For those that say, "he's read street signs, the Punisher's shirt, newspapers, etc. from a distance", I submit this argument for how he did these things: DD's radar-sense is acute enough that he can pick out variations in height/depth caused by stickers, t-shirt logos, and type. Anyone who can make out the individual scales on a fish could see the difference in height on a logo printed on a shirt or a sticker against a sheet of metal. He could probably see the difference in height for the letters on the page of paper as well (and as he was already reading when he went blind, he has no illiteracy issues), although I'm skeptical about this myself.

To be entirely fair, I think his senses have varied by creative team. None of the DD issues I read back in the day ever indicated that he could read anything at a distance; all shots from his point of view had him staring at blank paper, blank road signs, etc. This might mean his touch is more sensitive than his radar-sense, if his fingers can read print but his radar cannot.

Also remember that this is not for any given point in the mainstream (Earth-616) or Ultimates (Earth-6160) timelines, but an entirely new timeline (hence the use of the word "reboot" in the thread title). I'll entertain ideas as to how peoples' powers work, sure, but with characters that have contradictory explanations as to methods used (such as DD), I need to make judgement calls.

I'll touch upon comments for Reed in a minute....

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #528
Phantasm

Quote:
Regarding his IQ, should it not be higher? Some were between 18-20? Being the smartest man alive. Same can be said about Tony Stark 16-17 and Doctor Doom that is supposed be almost as smart as Reed Richards, 17-19.
*ARGH!* The old "how smart is he/should he be?" argument! I knew that capping IQ at 15 for all characters before Talents was going to bite me in the @$$.

For the characters mentioned - and any other "superior intellect" characters that haven't - I cap IQ at 15, and add Talents and other factors to increase the effective IQ for those tasks to the 16-20 range.

My take on Reed is that of a "hyper-intelligent dork" (the movie version nailed this perfectly, IMO). He's got Clueless and Oblivious, yes, but if his overall IQ was 19 - the benchmark given in 3e's Compendium I for "smartest alive", he'd still end up with his base IQ for social skills being in the 12-14 range after those disads were factored in. In my opinion, that's still too high! So I capped IQ at 15, giving him a base social IQ of around the 8-10 range, with Talents boosting his scientific and related skills to a base IQ of 19.

Clear as mud?

Note that Reed has the Reputation of being "the smartest man alive". That doesn't necessarily mean that he is. I'd probably give someone like Leonardo diVinci a higher overall IQ than Reed, because diVinci didn't specialize, being well-rounded in the physical, mental, and social sciences rather than just the physical.

(Heck, I'd be tempted to give diVinci the IQ 20 slot, "smartest ever".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
Mr. Fantastic seems way underpowered. I don't think Injury Tolerance /10 comes close to representing his resistance to damage.

No hand held firearm is going to harm him in the slightest. I think he might even be able to contain the explosions of things like Bazooka's and small missiles. I'm pretty sure he can survive things like punches from the Hulk.

He can also reflect a lot of these attacks back at the attacker.

He probably also needs some limited Super Strength. He can wrap himself around and contain people far stronger than himself. If he stretched himself across a road, couldn't he stop a moving car?

I think he once survived being sucked up and used as chewing gum by the Hulk =D
Okay, Injury Tolerance and Super ST when stretching... you've made some valid points there. Any suggestions on statting the benchmarks for this?

And I'm suppressing giggles with the mental image of the Hulk trying to blow a wad of Richards-gum into a bubble big enough to burst.... :D

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #529
chandley

Quote:

Okay, Injury Tolerance and Super ST when stretching... you've made some valid points there. Any suggestions on statting the benchmarks for this?

And I'm suppressing giggles with the mental image of the Hulk trying to blow a wad of Richards-gum into a bubble big enough to burst.... :D
He is most consistently shown being able to restrain the Thing via wrapping him up. So enough Lifting ST (Only for wrestling) to match the Thing, and constriction attack (so he can do standing pins on people of his own SM, though with stretching, that isnt CRITICAL) seems the way to go. At least consider giving him Damage Reduction (vs Crushing only) higher than his base /10. He has been hit by some of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe without being splattered, crushing damage really doesnt do much to him (which, sadly, Homogenous doesnt help with. Arguably, he might even have Diffuse (vs Crushing Only)! For that, Id apply the Crushing only limit to the difference in price between Homogenous and Diffuse). Going with Diffuse would make him spectacularly hard to wrestle, which is pretty close to how he seems to work...

He has bounced bullets, so he should have a moderate amount of DR. I think he is largely rifle proof. Some of that might be his supersuit though, hard to say. EDIT: I dont know if it influences your builds, but the Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe gives Mr. Fantastic roughly DR 25. It also suggests he can grab some of the other abilities of Diffuse, notably Infiltration, as an AA to Morph.

I agree with you on the IQ thing, as a universe setting, it is an effective way of differentiating between various brains. I take it, however, that you are also not allowing any form of Gadgeteer? If anyone qualified for Fast Gadgeteer, it was Reed Richards...

Another addition would be Flight (Gliding -50%) [20] as an alternate ability to his Stretching. He has turned himself into a parachute enough times that is probably NOT a power stunt anymore.

Last edited by chandley; 05-24-2012 at 08:49 AM.
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #530
Phantasm

CHANGELING

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Uncertain; no known criminal record.
Other Aliases: Too many to count; has impersonated Charles Xavier and Magneto, among others.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Presumably single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Former employee of the High Evolutionary, former associate of the X-Men.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Not much is known about the Changeling's early history. It is believed he discovered his abilities at an early age and kept them secret, using them to pass unnoticed. Over time, he grew to become a world-class thief, committing crimes that were ultimately figured as inside jobs, with someone else – the person he was impersonating – getting arrested and convicted.

At some point, however, the mysterious being calling himself the High Evolutionary approached the Changeling, indicating that he had proof of the Changeling's crimes, essentially blackmailing the criminal into assisting the Evolutionary (see High Evolutionary). Resentful towards being blackmailed, the Changeling assisted the Evolutionary in his scheme to attempt to "evolve" the entire population of New York City into mutants, which would have resulted in the deaths of thousands in the process. This scheme was thwarted by the X-Men with the Changeling's assistance, but both the Changeling and the High Evolutionary escaped (see X-Men). (As the High Evolutionary's own motives are unknown, it is possible that he expected the Changeling to assist the X-Men, and that his scheme to "evolve" the city was never meant to succeed.)

Learning that he was dying of lung cancer, the Changeling approached the X-Men, professing to wanting to do some good before he died. He assisted the X-Men in a case, but his criminal methods and amoral attitude soon had them arguing with him. Upon receiving a letter from his doctor that his cancer had gone into remission, the Changeling decided to try his luck with his criminal career elsewhere and left the city. His current whereabouts and activities are unknown.
Height: 5' 11".
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Blue bodysuit with purple trim, purple gloves, purple boots, purple belt, black eye-mask.
Strength Level: The Changeling possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: The Changeling is a metamorph, with the mutant power to make himself look and sound like any person of either gender he has a chance to study. He is able to control his skin pigmentation, eye color, hair color and length, and even his height and build to a slight extent, adjusting his height by several inches while maintaining his overall weight. The Changeling's control is such that he is able to fool retina scans, fingerprint readers, and voice-print software.
Weapons and Paraphernalia: While working for the High Evolutionary, the Changeling had access to a number of high-tech weapons and devices. During his time assisting the X-Men, he was shown to still have one of the High Evolutionary's laser pistols, and his uniform was made of a lightweight ballistic fabric intermingled with unstable molecules which protected him from conventional gunfire and permitted his uniform to resemble normal clothing while maintaining the same level of protection.

188 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 11 [10].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs; HP 10 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 12 [0]; FP 11 [0]; Basic Speed 6 [5]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Body Control Talent 4 [20]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Elastic Skin (Link w/ Hermaphromorph, Can Be Used Separately, +20%; Mutant, -10%) [22]; Fit [5]; Hermaphromorph (Link w/ Elastic Skin, Must Be Used Together, +10%; Mutant, -10%) [5]; Mimicry (Voice Library, +50%; Mutant, -10%) [14]; Sensitive [5]; Social Chameleon [5]; Versatile [5]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Accent (British) [1]; Accent (Deep South) [1]; Accent (French) [1]; Cutting-Edge Training (Beam Weapons (Pistol)) 2 [2]; Hyper-Specialization (John Wayne B-Movie Trivia) [1]; Pistol-Fist (Beam Weapons (Pistol)) [1]; Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages: Callous [-5]; Compulsive Lying (12) [-15]; Greed (9) [-22]; Light Sleeper [-5]; Overconfidence (9) [-7]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Secret Identity (Imprisonment) [-20]; Terminally Ill (Up to 2 years) (Mitigator: Weekly Treatment, -65%) [-17].
Quirks: Attentive [-1]; Closet Fan (John Wayne Movies) [-1]; Sexual Orientation (Bisexual) [-1].
Skills: Beam Weapons/TL10 (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [2] – 13; Boxing (A) DX+1 [4] – 13; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Detect Lies (H) Per+0 [2] – 12*; Disguise/TL8 (Human) (A) IQ+4 [2] – 16†; Fake! (WC) IQ+2 [48] – 14‡; Hobby Skill (John Wayne Movies) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Judo (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Observation (A) Per+1 [4] – 13; Photography/TL8 (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Search (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Sleight of Hand (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Smuggling (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Stealth (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Typing (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $8,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +1 from Sensitive.
† Includes +4 from Elastic Skin
‡ Conditional +1 from Mimicry when impersonating someone.

Design Notes:
1. While his uniform is essentially the same as the picture I'm using in my master document, I am not giving him that weird helmet from the '60s! (which has made it into every OHOTMU depiction).
2. I'm not sure yet whether the Changeling will have, or use as an alias, the real name given to his counterparts (both given the code-name "Morph" due to legal issues stemming from a DC character using the name Changeling at the time) from the X-Men animated series or the Exiles comic, "Kevin Sydney". In his original appearance in X-Men v1 in the mid-1960s and in the issue where it was revealed (read: retconned) that he was impersonating Charles Xavier when he died, as well as in the Official Handbooks (original through the Master Edition, at least), his true name was never revealed.

Last edited by Phantasm; 10-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men