Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-11-2021, 08:59 PM   #1
kjamma4

Default Playmats, Uncle Al's Upgrade Pack, Mini Sets 2 & 4 - shipping separately?

Got the Double Ace box but none of the others.

I know the playmats are shipping separately but are the others as well?

Additionally, I received an email with a link to track the shipment(s) on Backerkit - only one piece so that was the DA box.

I'm guessing more emails will be sent when the others ship??

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
Werdna

Default Re: Playmats, Uncle Al's Upgrade Pack, Mini Sets 2 & 4 - shipping separately?

I only got the DA kit and tracking for it. I am still waiting on Playmat and Uncle Al's. Assuming they will ship separately. If it matters, I'm in Atlanta GA.
Werdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:19 AM   #3
svawter

Default Re: Playmats, Uncle Al's Upgrade Pack, Mini Sets 2 & 4 - shipping separately?

Kickstarter Updates specifically mentioned that first to ship would be the playmats (mine arrived Oct 4th)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3314176

followed by the Double Ace boxes (mine arrived Oct 11th)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3321924

"Those of you who selected add-ons will need to be exceptionally patient, and the add-on process means that most of your rewards are unique combinations of items. This takes time to process and ship, and this stage is likely to require months to complete."
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3302999
svawter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:45 AM   #4
Werdna

Quote:
Originally Posted by svawter View Post
Kickstarter Updates specifically mentioned that first to ship would be the playmats (mine arrived Oct 4th)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3314176
That appears to be only for people who ordered ALL THREE playmats. So I guess people like me and OP who presumably didn't order all three will have to wait... but not sure how long.
Werdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:29 AM   #5
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdna View Post
That appears to be only for people who ordered ALL THREE playmats. So I guess people like me and OP who presumably didn't order all three will have to wait... but not sure how long.
Yes, I'm only getting two. Thanks for the info.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #6
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdna View Post
Maybe, maybe not. I have a box of just #2 playmats that arrived.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:33 PM   #7
beetle496

Default Playmats!

I got my playmat bundle today (and UA Upgrade Pack), so that is all for me. Woot!

The playmats are bigger than I was expecting. Also prettier, the KS photos do not do them justice!

They are also thinner and more flexible than I was expecting. I had not thought folding them would even be possible!

But leaving one folded for more than a few hours seems like a bad idea!

Anyone have tips for managing these?
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Please don't fold playmats. It makes me cry.

Rolling is best. A poster tube is a great way to store them.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:07 PM   #9
beetle496

Only two folds, and I was so gentle, big loops, not flat. I wanted to see if one would fit in box.

I was trying to roll one standing up; it was not possible. But someone has the dining room table half covered with paint and cards and binders and whatnot. Very inconsiderate!

I also can’t find any inside space with 3'x3' clear.

But then it occurred to me to try the bed. That was enough space. I finally have the two mats rolled back up.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:36 PM   #10
beetle496

Default Schrödinger’s Weapon

Uncle Al’s Upgrade Pack has me grinning! Please affirm (or deny) the Concealment System upgrades works the way I think it does!

At the cost of 1 BP, and holding off for a few rounds, I can be like Jon Lovitz’s Tommy Flanagan:
  • You have no armor? Too bad I have this Anti-Power Plant Rocket right here!
  • My armor getting low on one side? No Problem, this Armored Machine Gun was there all along!
  • Hey, your tires are looking weak! Say hello to my little friend, the Spike Gun!
  • So, you think your are clever, behind me when I have only a forward facing gun? Lucky I have this Micro-Missile Launcher in a pop-up turret!