Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #21
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Just how smart are those Neo-Coons

So I'm the weird one for thinking it absurd for animals slightly smarter than bonobos to conduce The Great Escape like James Bond or something?
I'll just continue to think this amazing plan was conducted by the one raccoon not profoundly retarded like the norm.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #22
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
So I'm the weird one for thinking it absurd for animals slightly smarter than bonobos to conduce The Great Escape like James Bond or something?
I'll just continue to think this amazing plan was conducted by the one raccoon not profoundly retarded like the norm.
I figured they had at least some outside help. After all, they were communicating with someone.

Last edited by tshiggins; 08-09-2016 at 01:02 PM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:25 AM   #23
Frost

Quote:
Yes to a point you are. Nothing the racoon's do except deleting the electronic trail wouldn't occur to a bright three year old who had seen the devices being used. Stringing them all together into a single sequence might take more experience but not by that much. Even being able to read and type a few words would not be impossible.

Now these animals are somewhat smarter than a three year old, trained for 'covert opps' (presumably infiltration and intelligence collection) and they appear to have outside help. I can't see anything particularly implausible at all. That this rather childish plan worked is in part due to the unwitting cooperation of the people who dismissed them out of hand not because of the presence of a racoon super agent.

Last edited by Frost; 08-12-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:35 AM   #24
Gollum

Quote:
You are not the weird one. Or we are the weird two ...

Human average IQ is 10. Most humans have IQ in the 8 to 12 range. Outstanding people have IQ 13 or more.

Neo-Coon average IQ is 7. So, most neo-coon may have IQ in the 5 to 9 range. And an outstanding neo-coon may have IQ 10 or more.

Of course, these neo-coons may have received some external help. And, of course, what they did may be interpreted as something more easy than it first appears ... But thinking that one of these neo-coons is simply brighter than the other is not less believable. It also makes sense.

Last edited by Gollum; 08-11-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio-tech