Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
GnomesofZurich

Default Dual Ready and Extra Arms

Similar to the previous threads on interaction of various traits and Extra Arms, I'm wondering how the Dual Ready perk interacts with Extra Arms. There are several possible approaches:

-Dual Ready as written, you can ready two weapons in one action, no more
-Dual Ready becomes a leveled perk, each level of which allows one additional weapon to be readied (limited by the number of available arms)
-Dual Ready allows one to ready one weapon per available arm

The latter is perhaps overly generous for a perk, although there is already a significant price to having Extra Arms. Thoughts?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
starslayer

Default Re: Dual Ready and Extra Arms

I would just let the Dual Ready perk allow one weapon per arm. Dual Ready is basically just a 'take 12 on your fastdraw roll' perk with a little bit of cinematic hand-waving.

A realistic(?) equivalent of Dual Ready would be to just have all your important things in custom holsters/sheathes that let you ready them with one hand.

I'm not even sure what real benefit this provides, except perhaps that you could have two shields readied instantly, or if you have trained up the (rapidly becoming quite costly), Tri-weapon attack, or n-weapon attack (where n is the number of arms).
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote