Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #1591
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OK. I shall proceed with searching the decks to find any missing stragglers. I ask the security for a supply of zip tie cuffs so I can capture anyone I can. I'll keep hidden and search on my own while I leave the security to their own devices while carrying out the search. They should transport the captured transportation personnel before looking for stragglers.

Quote:
[1141] 22-09-28 02:09:04 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
[1140] 22-09-28 02:06:43 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success
[1139] 22-09-28 02:06:33 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success
We don't have anyone in the life support areas who can remove the air from compartments and decks, do we? Maybe we should pull Vibibu and ask who/what he would need to remove air like that.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:25 AM   #1592
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to take his guards and make his way to deck 18 to meet up with Pacifica and Zybo.
Daymar makes it to deck 18.

Quote:

He tries to anticipate enemy tactics.
The enemy could try the following:
  • removing the air from compartments. This would rely on superior numbers.
  • Trying to start fires all over the ship.
  • Hiding in hydrogen compartments and popping out to hit targets with tools or hydrogen bricks*.
  • Rushing with fists, tools, and bricks in a mass
  • Blowing up the reactor, a nuclear warhead, or the fusion drive. Right now a compromised officer controls the fusion drive, and converted troops control the reactor and warheads.
*yes, that would cause a fire hazard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
After reporting her actions and the events that just happened, Pacifica agrees on a plan with the Dread Stormers; she moves towards deck 18, to catch up with Zybo and Daymar.

She has arrived. Zybo is worried that no life support people are in the area.

Quote:
Then she will unlock the doors that have been tampered with. Pacifica asks for two “clean” crewmen capable of handling drills with ease but also able of troubleshooting the doors. She believes that breaking the doors would be the last option and asks for someone with the right skills. *

The order on this is weird: you are behind the doors right now, but once you go to deck 18 you won't be. Getting someone who can open the locked doors... security has been trained in that, as well as some life support and some transportation.

Quote:
Once Daymar reprograms Zybo, Pacifica will try to broadcast a message throughout the ship, with the intention of cooling down the (possibly imminent) paranoia.
lets wait until after the reprogramming of Zybo. You'll need to get to a command center to do that. And will Pacifica or Zybo be speaking there? I'll also need the general wording of the message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. I shall proceed with searching the decks to find any missing stragglers. I ask the security for a supply of zip tie cuffs so I can capture anyone I can. I'll keep hidden and search on my own while I leave the security to their own devices while carrying out the search. They should transport the captured transportation personnel before looking for stragglers.
Ok, this is mostly a mopping up operation... No rolls until something big happens. Hua catches a few prisoners. What will she do with them?

Quote:
We don't have anyone in the life support areas who can remove the air from compartments and decks, do we? Maybe we should pull Vibibu and ask who/what he would need to remove air like that.
A basic spacer roll will let you do that. Everyone on the ship is technically trained in it. You can only do it to compartments adjacent to the exterior or to another vented compartment.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #1593
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, this is mostly a mopping up operation... No rolls until something big happens. Hua catches a few prisoners. What will she do with them?
Hm. Zip tie their hands, haul them back to the large vehicle bay (the large unseparated region on floor two), then zip tie their feet. When we get around to the lower floors I suppose we should keep guards on floor 3 to transfer prisoners from elevator to elevator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A basic spacer roll will let you do that. Everyone on the ship is technically trained in it. You can only do it to compartments adjacent to the exterior or to another vented compartment.
I take it this is like a job roll, not 52 rolls.
Quote:
[1142] 22-09-28 18:07:51 CEST
Spacer
3d6 <= 14
1 + 4 + 2 = 7 ... success
Are elevators operational if the air in the compartments surrounding the shaft has been evacuated? Can air be evacuated through the missile bays?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #1594
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar makes it to deck 18.
Making his way to find Pacifica and Zybo, Daymar approaches, "Commander Zybo, good to see you and I'm glad to see you're safe." He reaches out to shake Zybo's hand.

[1143] 22-09-28 22:32:41 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, -2 for pre-existing Mental Surgery), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 14
3 + 6 + 3 = 12 ... success

A 2-point margin of success is a bit on the slim side, so I'm using Luck to reroll.

[1144] 22-09-28 22:33:18 CEST

Luck re-rolls

3d6 <= 14
1: 4 + 5 + 6 = 15 ... failure
2: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success by 7
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:46 AM   #1595
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm. Zip tie their hands, haul them back to the large vehicle bay (the large unseparated region on floor two), then zip tie their feet. When we get around to the lower floors I suppose we should keep guards on floor 3 to transfer prisoners from elevator to elevator.
Hua transports the prisoners up to the vehicle bay*. Are her associated troops also sweeping nearby decks?


* the vehicle bay, not the loading station, yes? they're both large areas on deck three. the loading station connects to the elevators, and the vehicle bay is next to it.


Quote:
I take it this is like a job roll, not 52 rolls.
correct. No crit fishing. Though you get -1 for each multiple of 4, so 52 rolls would be at -3.


Quote:
Are elevators operational if the air in the compartments surrounding the shaft has been evacuated? Can air be evacuated through the missile bays?
The elevator doors and elevator shaft doors are all airtight and the pressure of the compartment can be checked. They will function in vacuum. Air can be evacuated through the missile bays.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Making his way to find Pacifica and Zybo, Daymar approaches, "Commander Zybo, good to see you and I'm glad to see you're safe." He reaches out to shake Zybo's hand.
Zybo shakes Daymar's hand.



He notices the change. He glances over at Pacifica. "How sure are you that the bomb is going to go off?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:26 PM   #1596
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua transports the prisoners up to the vehicle bay*. Are her associated troops also sweeping nearby decks?
Yeah, after they handle the transport crew they should support sweeps on the same deck I'm sweeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
* the vehicle bay, not the loading station, yes? they're both large areas on deck three. the loading station connects to the elevators, and the vehicle bay is next to it.
It's more that I realized I made a mistake of not posting anyone to guard or transport prisoners from deck-to-deck. So I decided that deck two would be handled differently from the other decks also because there's no elevators on deck two. And that's why their legs are bound to prevent them from wandering away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
correct. No crit fishing. Though you get -1 for each multiple of 4, so 52 rolls would be at -3.
Well I was looking at it less like crit fishing and more like inevitable failure.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #1597
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar, Zybo, and Pacifica head up to the fore command center. What are you planning for Zybo will announce?


Hua moves her captured victims up to the vehicle bay. Is she sweeping the whole deck or just the half behind the locked door line? her troops offer to follow up behind her, flushing the air.



The large area in deck 2 is actually the loading tunnel for deck three: it has no floor, just an open space dropping to deck 3.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #1598
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua moves her captured victims up to the vehicle bay. Is she sweeping the whole deck or just the half behind the locked door line?

The large area in deck 2 is actually the loading tunnel for deck three: it has no floor, just an open space dropping to deck 3.
Well if there's the locked door line on deck 2 as well, then we can cover the other half after we check deck 3. The vehicle bay should give access to the other side, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
her troops offer to follow up behind her, flushing the air.
Well if that's more efficient than them sweeping themselves (i.e. sweeping is something that can be done alone and quickly, while draining air is time consuming and can be done faster by multiple people), that's fine by me.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:04 PM   #1599
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Sure, sounds fine.
Great, since Pacifica is not taking Zybo with her, you may get there with him and work the officers that still need to be subverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
All three sets of universal comms are fairly far away from you (...)
Understood, then Pacifica will proceed to unlock the doors. Who is with Pacifica? What tools did the team gather?

Since Zybo is going with Daymar, he isn't going to use the comms right away (or provide a general briefing about the situation). If the officers ask, he must talk them into setting up a bomb, and this could be the chance for Daymar to subvert the guys. Once they are subverted, they may prepare another plan.

Taking Daymarís advice into account, she will instruct her team to prepare to fight fire. For the moment Pacifica will move with stealth 15 (15), towards the locked doors, paying attention to movement about the ship.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #1600
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well if there's the locked door line on deck 2 as well, then we can cover the other half after we check deck 3. The vehicle bay should give access to the other side, right?
Yeah, the vehicle deck gives access to deck 2 on the other side.



If you want to sweep deck 2 that will involve taking the shield section, both working area and quarters.


Quote:
Well if that's more efficient than them sweeping themselves (i.e. sweeping is something that can be done alone and quickly, while draining air is time consuming and can be done faster by multiple people), that's fine by me.
If its just empty corridors, yeah, that's the way to do it. If you're taking a high-population target like shields you'll want your backup.


[QUOTE=Hide;2454580]Great, since Pacifica is not taking Zybo with her, you may get there with him and work the officers that still need to be subverted.

Quote:
Understood, then Pacifica will proceed to unlock the doors. Who is with Pacifica? What tools did the team gather?
Just Lt. Nichapu, Thorpojor, and Tozortu.



You don't have any tools to open the doors unless you gather some. As you are in life support, that's easy. Do you have a skill to open a blocked hatch? Forced Entry, lockpicking, or so on?


Quote:
Since Zybo is going with Daymar, he isn't going to use the comms right away (or provide a general briefing about the situation). If the officers ask, he must talk them into setting up a bomb, and this could be the chance for Daymar to subvert the guys. Once they are subverted, they may prepare another plan.
What guys? everyone in both the life support section and the forward command center are dread-stormer aligned.


Quote:
Taking Daymarís advice into account, she will instruct her team to prepare to fight fire. For the moment Pacifica will move with stealth 15 (15), towards the locked doors, paying attention to movement about the ship.
She arrives at one of the locked doors.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.