Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #1051
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Indeed... how many are you targeting tonight? you can make the rolls all at once, I think.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:05 PM   #1052
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Well we're now at 11+4/88, right? So we'd need about another 8 pairs to have a third of security under our belts. I say we go for another four of those.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #1053
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Okay, 4 more:

[695] 21-11-18 00:07:16 CET

Stealth

3d6 <= 14
1: 6 + 1 + 1 = 8 ... success
2: 2 + 4 + 6 = 12 ... success
3: 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 ... success
4: 3 + 1 + 6 = 10 ... success

[696] 21-11-18 00:08:16 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism) All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success
2: 4 + 1 + 1 = 6 ... success
3: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
4: 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
5: 5 + 5 + 1 = 11 ... success
6: 5 + 6 + 5 = 16 ... success - very narrow success here.
7: 3 + 4 + 5 = 12 ... success
8: 4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #1054
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Some rolls:
Quote:
[697] 21-11-18 00:19:11 CET1 Stealth Roll
3d6 <= 16
1 + 3 + 5 = 9 ... success
[698] 21-11-18 00:19:38 CET
3 Stealth Rolls
3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success
2: 3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... success
3: 6 + 4 + 2 = 12 ... success
[699] 21-11-18 00:22:09 CET
4 Photorefraction Rolls
3d6 <= 15
1: 4 + 6 + 3 = 13 ... success
2: 6 + 5 + 4 = 15 ... success
3: 6 + 3 + 3 = 12 ... success
4: 3 + 1 + 4 = 8 ... success
Looks good
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:30 PM   #1055
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Indeed... how many are you targeting tonight? you can make the rolls all at once, I think.
How much time elapsed since the couple's escape, what time is it when they make their next move? How much until the rumors reach Pacifica and her shift starts?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:56 AM   #1056
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Eight more members of security have been comprised, or so it seems. Most of them should be from second shift, which is currently off... you think you got one pair who were on duty.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
How much time elapsed since the couple's escape, what time is it when they make their next move? How much until the rumors reach Pacifica and her shift starts?

It is still third shift, at about 122 hours after dropping out of hyperspace. They want back to hunting within an hour of being seen. Hua should be asleep, the other two are on their off hours.



Pacifica is currently in rumor mode... she'll find out about the shot about 10 minutes after it happens. All she'll hear about is a shot fired in the ship though-- no word of dreadstormers. Her shift starts 12 hours from now, at 134 hours after the dropout.


She gets wind of a different rumor though: the hyperdrive section of the ship is going on serious lockdown. Many doors will be welded shut, and security will be placed at the entrances of the remaining ones. They're reaching out to the extra hands to provide additional security... which means they will be getting out the ship's weapons. This will slow down repairs, but make escaping from sabotage harder.



Its two hours before the third shift ends when she finds out about this.



What have Hua and Daymar been doing with the rest of third shift?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #1057
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What have Hua and Daymar been doing with the rest of third shift?
Updating the subverted officers on the new subverted officers, going back for more sleep.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:21 AM   #1058
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I think they can be satisfied with the gains made here, so Daymar will just get back to normal things and try to avoid drawing attention.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:38 PM   #1059
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Pacifica is currently in rumor mode...
Alright, during the off-hours prior to the shooting, Pacifica continued talking to Nejora with the aim of finding more about her skills.

Regarding the rumors, who got the information running?

Since the extra hands will help with security, do you mean Pacifica has a chance of receiving a gun and guard the hyperdrive?

If this is the case, Pacifica would use the off-hours to get a position as a guard of the remaining doors, in a schedule that doesn’t mess with the meetings.

Of course, I don’t want Pacifica to get into an awkward situation in which she asks for something that might not even happen or that is not official. She will check before taking action, and wait until the announcement takes place to keep a safe spot.

Ready to get the dice rolling!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:08 AM   #1060
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, during the off-hours prior to the shooting, Pacifica continued talking to Nejora with the aim of finding more about her skills.
You're able to discover that Nejora is a good bush driver but terrible at starting fires.


Quote:
Regarding the rumors, who got the information running?
As in who did the information about the shots fired and the hyperdrive shutdown come from? If you had a clear chain of information, it wouldn't be a rumor. Would you like to run one of those rumor's down?


Quote:
Since the extra hands will help with security, do you mean Pacifica has a chance of receiving a gun and guard the hyperdrive?
Yes... though remember that most the guns have been disabled.


Quote:
If this is the case, Pacifica would use the off-hours to get a position as a guard of the remaining doors, in a schedule that doesn’t mess with the meetings.
That would take some doing... but it hasn't happened yet, you only know of the rumors.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.