Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 05-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #21
tikiphantom

Default Re: Using Hot Wheels

Hello, is this what you're talking about? Go about 3/4 of the way down the page for size comparison.

http://www.stanjohansenminiatures.com/Road%20cars.htm
tikiphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
Roadwarless

Yes, thanks, there are also Trucks and cars/ rigs in pewter etc., I bought mine on Ebay. They are called KRASH, everything from vehicle bodies to more armor/weapons etc.they are unpainted, and have some larger big truck monster truck tires to smaller ones for rigs and the cars have expansions too. I also scarfed some plunder from Ebay pewter weapons for building the Johansen rigs. I got three packages, the brand name is Rebellion Agents of Gaming, tho there probably is much more than these brand names on Ebay or wherever.
I bought the Krash vehicles for building up for the collectors item of OVERDRIVE ARENA game, which you take and paint and mod (weapons and armor like around doors of cars etc., and you paint appropriately, then autoduel them using the supplied rules.) have yet to put together and paint yet, but, it looked interesting.

I always go peruse the comic shop (up here is our gaming store) for anything i might need. I suggested they get in touch with q workshop for custom dice, they did, and now we have q workshops dice to deal out damages.

wull have fun, stay fairly safe, enjoy the site, and thanks to Steve Jackson etc., and you fellow gamers, im enjoying role playing in Autoduel, and Car Wars. Oh and i try to follow up on new fields of role play like outrider, i own some games like Wreckage, Road Kill, Frag, and lotsa Gurps. Be good to yourselves. hehe
Roadwarless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 AM   #23
Alan Hume

never heard of KRASH

Dont suppose you have a link to this stuff at all do you?
cant find it at all anywhere, not that I can afford it though:.)

never heard of OVERDRIVE ARENA either, looked it up on ebay WHEW' Pricey'

but the parts and stuff in it look great for converting
Alan Hume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
Pacey

Krash cars are a pain in the @rse to build!

I've just got hold of a couple of hot wheels cars that are pre-equipped with weapons (one's Urban something-or-other, no idea what the other's called). A little painting should make them even better...
Pacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #25
Roadwarless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacey View Post
Krash cars are a pain in the @rse to build!

I've just got hold of a couple of hot wheels cars that are pre-equipped with weapons (one's Urban something-or-other, no idea what the other's called). A little painting should make them even better...
I agree on the difficulty of KRASH units, i bought a metal work kit of various metals for these when i get the chance to do so. I tend to build a few 1:24 scale etc., model cars trucks aircraft etc. too.
I got to get my Car Wars Card Game out today and am playin along with several other folks in my area, for starters and am thankful for even the card game, to Hehe sucker in some new folks, maybe later on, they might really game with me. Nice.

Wull the mosquitos are biting, and i should be werkin on my 4 wheeler. Got lotsa stuff to do yet, this year. Must comply with local regulations while truckin as Dave McDade line hauler.

I would love to invest more in hotwheels, matchbox etc., to mod, i do like the Jada and other stuff too. Im not shy of painting usually, but stick to myself for the fumes... hehe
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #26
Roadwarless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hume View Post
never heard of KRASH

Dont suppose you have a link to this stuff at all do you?
cant find it at all anywhere, not that I can afford it though:.)

never heard of OVERDRIVE ARENA either, looked it up on ebay WHEW' Pricey'

but the parts and stuff in it look great for converting
Yes Overdrive Arena is expensive. For those KRASH and other moments, just keep your eye on ebay some more, they may turn up...
There was for a while a really good area to look up under gaming and like maybe under pewter and weapons and armor minis or something, thats about where i found ebay on my weapons and armor packs.

Keep looking too, in time ya might find some good deals, like maybe newer battle figures etc., may be used (i found on this Car Wars' site) links or references pardon, to Battle figures i think some mini guns, and machine guns etc, can be cut off, or used. Creative ones might take old sprues from maybe larger size models can be combined and glued and then painted for other ideas too.

Some of my favs models were tv series etc., and like Mad Max etc., making mustang into a post apocalyptic unit my friends and i would do. (we made sleeping bags rolled up and various fuel cans or novelty items for our Road Warrior type units)

Keep lookin, and keep gamin. Is fun, and conducive to good manners too! Starting a gaming group takes lotsa time and patience too.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #27
davester64

KRASH was a HUGE pain, I never even built any of mine. And I bought lots of it, too.

Never did get all of the different bits, either.
davester64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #28
Alan Hume

kewl

still cant find anything about it anywhere though:.)
Old 05-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #29
Roadwarless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hume View Post
kewl

still cant find anything about it anywhere though:.)
oooo, um have a bit of patience on the ebay stuff, sometimes, the Car Wars stuff will list a few items, then sell out, then flooded, as our games get popular, and people also wanna make a buck on ebay. Yes id peruse ebay i go under Car Wars and minus Star (lotsa star wars) and i keep track of that betimes.
Other sites on ebay might be looked up (ill try right after this message) under mini and war gaming, miniature weapons, etc., there might be a few areas.

It took me several years to accumulate all my stuff...
I have had real good luck on Car Wars stuff on ebay. Again a bit of patience. And if you draw anything at all, i make my own car chits (the cardboard pieces) like vehicles and spikes and stuff out of candy bar paper. I paint them using color pens... that is one way i do vehicles. Using hot wheels is more funner lol than the chits though.
The nice thing about chits is that they are extremely inexpensive, and ya make a mistake is only paper and pen ya just throw away a chit or two without disrupting the flow. I attach them to the road sections and maps with a tacky (almost playdough like) so i can move them betimes. My truck needs to unload here at this warehouse, i can move the rig.

Ive collected about 150 dollars worth of HotWheels and Matchbox etc. I collect only such as would convert with weapons or other mods, but only if i think these would be good for role playing and to do some Car Wars.
Everything from antique to classic to future modern and in between.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #30
Alan Hume

Yep, I'm in no rush I have enought to get me started for sure:.)

(Just need to actually get started on working on it now)

Yeah, I definetly want to go with the models, much more fun I reckon than paper, paper is fine but, you know, models are great

Sounds like you have an
awful lot of HOT WHEELS cars, wow, that's pretty impressive (I just lost out on a bargain lot on ebay,darn it, but, you know, I think I have enough to be getting on with) no idea how you decide which would be good for conversions thougu

and my latest HOT WHEELS DODGE RAM 1500 (from the Death Race movie) is actually HUGE, it seems much bigger than my older HOT WHEELS pick ups, so I wondered if I can still use it with my other HOT WHEELS cars??

Is it a new bigger scale or is it simply a bigger car??