Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #1531
Anders

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
All of this comes with the caveat that I'm no expert. I only got into wine as a hobby in a committed way in 1996.
How many points have you put into it?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #1532
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask

How many points have you put into it?
Were I making myself as a GURPS character, I might be generous and take Connoisseur (Wine) (A) IQ-1 [1]. With the -3 for lack of Cultural Familiarity in most cases, that's IQ-4, and enough to get me into trouble even if I'm feeling snotty about my wonderful IQ (which must be at least 10!).

I certainly wouldn't rate more points in that, or in Expert Skill (Oenology) or Professional Skill (Vintner). I might get a point in Carousing, though.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #1533
Icelander

Quote:
I might get a point in Carousing, though.
I'm convinced that all my 'skills' relating to drink (mixing them, picking the right ones, etc.) are merely defaults from my Carousing floated to IQ.

How high my Carousing should be is a matter for some dispute. I am known as 'Magister Bibendum' to a large section of people, probably numbered in the low hundreds and there are legends* about my drinking prowess at several local bars, but I've never deliberately tried to win friends and influence people when I step out. It just seems to happen, somewhere alongside flaming shot contests, impromptu poetry recitals and expeditions to adventurous locales.

*I've been approached more than once when out with friends and asked if I was 'The Tank'. I replied, of course, by saying 'I'm not that man any more'.

Last edited by Icelander; 05-30-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #1534
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
I'm convinced that all my 'skills' relating to drink (mixing them, picking the right ones, etc.) are merely defaults from my Carousing floated to IQ.

How high my Carousing should be is a matter for some dispute. I am known as 'Magister Bibendum' to a large section of people, probably numbered in the low hundreds and there are legends* about my drinking prowess at several local bars, but I've never deliberately tried to win friends and influence people when I step out. It just seems to happen, somewhere alongside flaming shot contests, impromptu poetry recitals and expeditions to adventurous locales.

*I've been approached more than once when out with friends and asked if I was 'The Tank'. I replied, of course, by saying 'I'm not that man any more'.
Gee. You would have fit right in at the University of Colorado-Boulder, my old campus that only recently started to disappear from the Princeton Review's "Top Party Schools" list. Personally, I don't think it's because they cleaned up their act -- they probably just got the reviewer too blasted to remember his assignment.

(For the benefit of our Texas posters, Boulder is a lot like Austin, but less connected to anything approaching sanity. Around here, it's either "The People's Republic of Boulder" or "25 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality.")

Thankfully, I don't think high Carousing skill will displace you from your high-ranking position in the Brotherhood of Kromm, Icelander. Probably quite the opposite, in fact.

Hmm ... You know, "The Brotherhood of Kromm" would make a great Illuminati card. Something to think about for the next expansion.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #1535
Christopher R. Rice

Hail Kromm! Finally the Illuminator has shown all the others the Greatness that is Kromm.

Ghostdancer

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #1536
Anders

The answer to today's Illuminator is, of course - "He is the Line Editor."
Old 06-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #1537
Blood Legend

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo -wheeze- OoooOooooooooooooooo!!!!!!1!!1!!eleven!!!oneandone !!

Gurps needed this suppliment. Now I just need the money to get my own.

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #1538
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
The answer to today's Illuminator is, of course - "He is the Line Editor."
All hail KROMM, provider of supplements and editor of GURPS.

GURPS is the one Game and KROMM is its Line Editor.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #1539
Witchking

Quote:
Were I making myself as a GURPS character, I might be generous and take Connoisseur (Wine) (A) IQ-1 [1]. With the -even if I'm feeling snotty about my wonderful IQ (which must be at least 10!).

Well I am feeling generous today. Perhaps as a compromise we could agree on an IQ of 8.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 AM   #1540
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking
Well I am feeling generous today. Perhaps as a compromise we could agree on an IQ of 8.
Are you sure you only rate an 8? I'd have thought a 9, but I expect you know best.

;)

All hail KROMM.

Tags
kromm