Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-16-2023, 08:29 PM   #231
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

Glad to see you remembered that.

The Creature does need to remain "boring". That means no Immunity to metabolic hazards or Injury Tolerance (the brain exists, its just in a weird spot). total top move with enhanced move applied also needs to be 38 (36 + water jets), not 40, though that's minor.

I would like to particularly note that the armor is approved on this creature because of what it is.

It doesn't matter for taking apart the jellyfish, but I don't think flying lunge multiplies ST. Just looking at MA for the future.
Okay, so let me know what can be done then, (they won't be mundane with Halcyone's seat and whatnot anyway).

Flying lunge gives +1 per die. It's flying leap that gives you a ST multiplier.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 10:04 AM   #232
the_matrix_walker

Do no be concerned if the enhanced move takes the Stealth Marlin over the declared speed limit. The max speed is limited by the narative, not the number crunch.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:07 PM   #233
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Sorry about the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Okay, so let me know what can be done then, (they won't be mundane with Halcyone's seat and whatnot anyway).
So for all sizes, copying traits found on existing templates and animals is fine and the preferred method. For large forms (over SM+3), they need to be based on animals/very animal like monsters. I'm going to waive simple (solid) structures for riding from this, because they help the whole party.

Quote:
Chameleon 10 (Always On, -10%; Dynamic, +40%; Extended, Normal Vision, Infravision, Sonar, +40%) [85]
This isn't approved. Everywhere in Gurps I see Chameleon on cephalopods, its at level 2. You can do level 3. I can't really see sonar working here. Infravision is fine. The demon acheived the higher invisibility by turning into an invisible jellyfish, which had huge effects on the rest of its stats.

Quote:
FP +3 [9]
I have weird feelings about this. My initial thought is its fine as long as it doesn't get used for your power.

Quote:
Accessory, Chromatophore based Passenger HUD [1] Accessory, Ejector Seat [1]
Accessory, Glowy-targeting contact paint [1]
Accessory, Gunports [1]
Payload 12 [12]
Payload, Contact paint, and gunports are fine. The Ejector seat is denied, though an ejector seat effect is assumed if you change form, and you probably need a seat. The HUD will need to be pretty simple, but glowing dots for enemy Boges and a different color for the sub are fine.

Quote:
The max speed is limited by the narative, not the number crunch
Yeah, that seems best. good thought.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:59 AM   #234
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I suppose shifting into a water elemental with Meld 2 for the ocean is out of the question....
Yeah... Meld 2 is crazy, especially in the ocean, and I don't see it on any elemental templates in DF. Meld 1 might be feasible for a water elemental, but I don't know how that would work in the ocean.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #235
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Yeah... Meld 2 is crazy, especially in the ocean, and I don't see it on any elemental templates in DF. Meld 1 might be feasible for a water elemental, but I don't know how that would work in the ocean.
I would think Meld would work pretty much like teleportation while suspended within the medium.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:06 AM   #236
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I would think Meld would work pretty much like teleportation while suspended within the medium.
Even with meld 1? Meld 2 does that, of course, but I'm not sure how it would work with Meld 1.

Old 05-26-2023, 11:30 AM   #237
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Even with meld 1? Meld 2 does that, of course, but I'm not sure how it would work with Meld 1.
I forgot Meld 1 lets you traverse it as well, which is why I said 2, but I think Meld 1 is "this body of water" and Meld 2 would be "Any body of water"

That would be pretty cool to swirl out as a water elemental and back in next to them, but once we get to 400 yards it's faster to finish swimming there anyway than to shapeshift.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:38 AM   #238
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Wow, we were really zooming there. How about we go back to where we started and head in the direction of the Submarine?
72 mph on the open seas. Yeah.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:18 AM   #239
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
But why don't I have the three generic ones? I don't think Vassarious has used their Destiny since post 666.
Because I don't see destiny on this character sheet?
Quote:
Enter the DRAGON!

Old 06-09-2023, 09:22 AM   #240
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (OOC)

LOL

We've referenced and used it before, and it's on my google-sheet. I'll fix that.

But I didn't choose it, it's a campaign switch.

Quote:
Characters will be built on 300 points plus the impulse-buy version of destiny (15 points) and a "power set".