Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #21
Hannes665

Default Re: most humorous GURPS moments you've had?

Way back in 3rd ed Gurps Black Ops game.

New player in a long running game was equipping his character.

Him - "Well I like these Hi-Power pistols, 13 rounds, 2d+2, Iīll take 3".

Me (GM) - "3? why 3? why not 1 and a lot of ammo and maybe a small backup pistol?" (The game was set in 1962).

Him - "Well I may need a second one if the first one malfunctions, I get the second one!"

The Group - "Why the 3rd one then?"

Him - "Well if the 2nd one also malfunctions!" (You can see were this is going)

Me - "Ehhh okey..." Grinning "yes thatīs going to happen."

Few hours later real time, few days later game time.

Location Vatican City, PCīs are running after a evil priest that is using some kind of device or magic to bring Gargoyle like critters to live and feed on the Vatican Priests. He uses his device to order a Gargoyle to attack the players.

Him - "I fast Draw my Hi-Power!"

Me - "Okey, you have 3 you know!?"

Him - "The one in my left shoulder holster, and snapshot 3 rounds at the Gargoyle"

He rolls a 18 and I roll in the Malf Table.

Me - "Nothing happens! Most likely a Jam!"

He - "I drop it and take the one from my right shoulder holster!" (He was Ambidex)

He rolls a 17 (hitīs on 11 or something like that)

Now the other players and I are looking sheepish as he asks us... I donīt need 3 Hi Powers!?

Me - "Hmmm cough... hmmm yes this one also seems to be jammed! Maybe the Priest is using some-kind of anti-Hi Power magic?"

He - "Yeah right...." reaches over and picks up another set of 3d6īs "I go for the last one in my waist band"

His next turn, "I take a AIMED! shot at the Gargoyle eating our Wizard, to the vitals!"

3rd turn he rolls a 18! Now we just loose it... for the next 5-8 min we are laughing so hard that we canīt even breath... we need a few minutes to get back to the game... and I have to roll the Malf. I donīt remember anymore what the number was but the result was a catastrophic failure!

After the Vatican mission... the player told me in a quiet tone that his character was done with automatic pistols, 357 magnum revolvers and he was training his sword skill up! :=)

Also in another campaign... Stargateish campaign.. the same player managed to jam 3 Fn-Minimis in 3 sessions back to back... his character never used the Fn-Minimi again.... :P

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 AM   #22
Hannes665

Same Campaign... Black Opīs 1960īs.

The players just entered a Jungle, 30 min into the session (our sessions last 10-14 hours)

The group his hiking down a path... one of the player... armed with a Hi Power (their favorite gun at the time apparently).

PC 1 has Danger Sense and his walking in the front.
PC 2 is a walking in the middle... 12 HP female agent based on Rally Vincent.
PC 3 is trailing in the back, the accountant of the group.

Me (GM) to pc 1...(after rolling a critical on his Danger Sense roll) "There is something out there watching you, even stalking you"

PC 1 -"I go on alert, draw my pistol"

Few moments later...

Me - "You see something to your left, moving fast, seems to be heading for Rally! Quick what will you do got maybe 2-3 seconds to react!"

PC 1 - "I turn around and I will shoot it as soon as it comes into clear sight"

GM - "Okey... you turn but you dont manage to aim it is at top of Rally!"

PC 1 - "I SHOOT!"

PC 2 - "What the .... But... AGHHH don't miss"

PC 3 - Shrikes and then "Iīm stunned? or can I drop Dodge?" He gets his dodge.

GM - Quick calculations... "you hit on 13 but if you miss you can hit Rally on a 9 or less!" In line of sight either a house rule or official canīt remember.

PC 1 - "Well I want miss...13 easy!" Rolls a 14.

PC 2 - "What the.... can I dodge, you know I was attacked by... by what?"

GM - "Wild Boar, but you must roll a stun check.. well you got Combat Ref, should be easy only fail on a 17 or 18"

PC 2 - Rolls.... hm 17... "no dodge then"

GM - "okey... PC 1 roll against 9 or less... to hit, dont forget 3-4 are crits (we gave crits on random hits like this).

PC 2 - "Thank got you shoot me with the 9mm not the 308, the vest will stop it :) , after all these advanced DR 12 vests are great!" (It was a Black op game after all with access to very advanced equipment).

PC 1 - "hehe yes...." Then he rolled a 3... crittical hit.... random location... Vitals.... Critical roll Bypass all DR! Damage rolled a 13 out of 14!

GM - "eeehhhh ahhhhh .... ehhh okey.... PC 2 the bullets managed to hit you in the side, between the connection points of the vest... as you were turning away from the Boar....you take 3x12HP before the bullet exists (3ed Blow through, x3 for vitals)..." "to PC 3 you get a spatter of blood on your back as the Boar runs pass you"

For couple of minutes we just sit there .... trying to figure out what PC 2 ever did to **** off the PC 1 dice.

Few Sessions later PC 2 shoot PC 3 with a 10 Gauge slug in the vitals... very similar scenario... after that they always, ALWAYS... took aimed shoots.... 5d slug with x2 multiplier is not helping a chain smoking overweight accountant that hunts Greys and evils critters to stay in shape.

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:34 AM   #23
Figleaf23
Banned

I once had a character get involved in a fight with another PC.

I was armed with a 2 handed sword.

His only weapons were grenades.

The fight took place in an enclosed single-seat starship control station.

The rest of the party continued to use the ship after hosing our remains out.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #24
Agramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post

The fight took place in an enclosed single-seat starship control station.
Lol Space,

Years ago in Space game we were preparing for Assault drop on some Asteroid base...
Last consultations before start of actions:
MY char and 2 other PCs were wearing Ultratech Combat armors(helmet off),Captain was in normal cloth uniform,"Badass" Intelligence officer was in normal uniform.

We were sitting around table.

BI(Badass intelligence PC) suggests something..

Me: Youre idiot,thats stupid,do you want to get half of us killed?(he did made some stupid suggestions before)

BI: Fasts draws knifes...throws knifes at me
Me: GM judges it is total surprise(I have CRef..so am just stunned and able to dfend)..I fail dodge(sitting+stuned)...Vibrating knifes bounce harmlessly from my armour
Me:Stand up and fast draw 2*Blasters....Blast away(I had skill 20)
BI: fails death check on 6th roll

2 weeks later real time:

BI has a new character;Moron made brother of killed BI and is looking for opportunity to snuff my char...

were in Combat at one house,night time...BI sneaks out on opposite side than we agreed upon in plan before...Out of dark he throws grenate on my char through window(luckily miss...bounced of wall back down)....

Im pretty ****** of but must ply my char as if I dont know that BI2nd has done that.

Me:I change position under pretext that "they" know Im here and dont want to risk another potshoot at me...

BI2nd: starts to sneak back toward house

Me: I win Vision vs his stealth(crit)...
GMto me: you see human shape sneaking on belly through bush toward house.

Me(with evil grin): Our guys went out on other side ,right?

Me:go back into room,take Rocket launcher....Smokes BI2nd again

lol

Great community...give it a try :)
Agramer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funny, humour, silliness