Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
kirbwarrior

Default Uncontrollable too controllable?

Uncontrollable is a nice limitation, esp with Unconscious Only. But how do I make a trait Uncontrollable with no roll to control it? Such as werewolfing not being able to be stopped (controlling the form would be dealt with traits on the template, the transformation must happen though). How do I model something like this?

EDIT: Another one: I want a super that transforms automatically at sunrise and set.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
munin

Default Re: Uncontrollable too controllable?

Uncontrollable Trigger, p. P106. Also see p. P74 for how it's used with automatic shapeshifting.

Sunrise/sunset is very common, so -15%, plus Unconscious Only, -20% and Minimum Duration, One Night, -10%.
munin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Uncontrollable is a nice limitation, esp with Unconscious Only. But how do I make a trait Uncontrollable with no roll to control it? Such as werewolfing not being able to be stopped (controlling the form would be dealt with traits on the template, the transformation must happen though). How do I model something like this?
That would be a pretty big problem. Uncontrollable Trigger would be the usual model, as munin indicated. In some cases, such abilities might actually be disadvantages. See the Powers Designer's Notes section on Disadvantageous Alternate Forms.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
kirbwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by munin View Post
Uncontrollable Trigger, p. P106. Also see p. P74 for how it's used with automatic shapeshifting.

Sunrise/sunset is very common, so -15%, plus Unconscious Only, -20% and Minimum Duration, One Night, -10%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
That would be a pretty big problem. Uncontrollable Trigger would be the usual model, as munin indicated. In some cases, such abilities might actually be disadvantages. See the Powers Designer's Notes section on Disadvantageous Alternate Forms.
Cool! Thank you both. Forgot about the thing in powers.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uncontrollable, uncontrollable trigger