Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: New Advantage: Blood of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvernian View Post
Misusing Accessibility because I applied it to the whole Affliction instead of just the disadvantage? How am I misusing Extended Duration? Is the ability for the user to cancel the effect at any time not enough of a reasonable limitation on permanent duration?

Is "Costs HP" in the Basic Set? I cannot find it for the life of me. Is it part of the errata?
Costs HP is in Powers p110
It did not occur to me that was your idea of limiting condition on the trigger, I figured you just skipped the details in the post. However the user (meaning the demi god in this case) does not get to cancel it at any time and that would certainly not count. To count it must be something the Victim or his allies can do.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #12
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvernian View Post
In this case it would change who can reprogram the character...from everybody in the disadvantage as written to just one person in my version.
Erm. Reprogrammable does not state that anyone can reprogram the character. It doesn't state who can do so or even how they do so. Those are all zero-cost features and (as this is an afflicted disadvantage) is determined purely by the afflictor. It does tell us that the character can be made to obey a master and then goes on to define how creatively the character can be as regards interpreting those orders according to what other traits the character may or may not have.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #13
the_matrix_walker

The good Reverend said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
(A) Afflicting someone with Reprogrammable does not mean they're under your control -- they're just generically reprogrammable, now. You want Mind Control.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Arvernian

Ok using some of the suggestions people have made I've redone the crunch part like so:

177 pts.

Mind Control (Blood Agent (-40%), Costs HP 1 [-10%], Conditioning [+50%], Link [+10%], Melee Attack (cannot parry) [-5%], Melee Attack (Reach C) [-30%]

Affliction 3 (HT-2, Advantage (Power Investiture) [+100%], Cumulative [+400%], Blood Agent [-40%], Costs HP 1[-10%] Extended Duration (x1,000) [+120%], Link [+10%], Melee Attack (cannot parry) [-5%], Melee Attack (Reach C) [-30%].

I've subbed out the permanent with an increased duration long enough that a priest who drinks the blood will have the ability to cast the spells he's already studied for what effectively amounts to a whole day. Keeping the trait cumulative allows the sorcerer king more flexibility because he's able to either add blood to make a few powerful servants or spread it out to make weaker ones. Melee attacks were one factor I hadn't thought about, as I didn't think of how Blood Agent could be used as a ranged attack so I threw them in as well to reduce the cost.
Arvernian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
jason taylor

[QUOTE=Lamech;1396849

Hell, no. The god can just take a random person, shove an endless supply of blood down said person's throat and give, PI 2000 to the hapless priest.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that as long as it's done well.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
jason taylor

What if every priest who does this risks death(OK, that's from Dune, but still)?

Only members of a certain bloodline can drink it?

Or it only works at certain times?

Or, and maybe this is best of all, the Blood of the Gods is kept in a temple far away from civilization. Each time it is drunk there has to be an elaborate quest.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
Arvernian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
What if every priest who does this risks death(OK, that's from Dune, but still)?

Only members of a certain bloodline can drink it?

Or it only works at certain times?

Or, and maybe this is best of all, the Blood of the Gods is kept in a temple far away from civilization. Each time it is drunk there has to be an elaborate quest.
Actually I like the first part of this idea a lot. Maybe I will add heart attack as a secondary effect...
Arvernian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affliction, build advice