Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
Refplace

Default Re: [Powers] Leech (Steal Other Score)... Unfair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
You mean, the effects of the damage aren't felt at all, but then at a certain point it kills you? Hmm... that sounds like an attack that causes no Shock, Stun or Unconsciousness, but still triggers Death Checks as normal. That's a bit different from the Phantom Wounding we've been discussing, but might be worth about the same amount.
No its more of an affliction that causes a heart attack but only after I think 3 hits on the same location. So it could be like the stacking phantom damage that has no effect till it reaches the threshold.
OK its a weapon differnet then who I recaleld and works a little different from memory as well.
Shikai
Nigeki Kessatsu (弐撃決殺, death in two steps) As its first step, Suzumebachi attacks with her stinger. It not only leaves a rather deep wound, but also the attack leaves a butterfly-shaped stamp on the user’s body. Spreading from the center of the wound, known as Hōmonka (蜂紋華, hornet's crest), this stamp becomes the target of Suzumebachi's second attack. If struck in this same spot that was hit the first time, the person will inevitably die and thus illustrate "Death in Two Steps." The mechanics behind this ability are not based on being hit on the same spot on the skin, but rather when Suzumebachi pierces the exact same spot internally from any side of the body. This shows that Suzumebachi's ability takes effect not through point of entry but rather point of actual surface contact.

Last edited by Refplace; 04-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
No its more of an affliction that causes a heart attack but only after I think 3 hits on the same location. So it could be like the stacking phantom damage that has no effect till it reaches the threshold.
Urg, that gives me terrible flashbacks to the Zat gun from Stargate. It stuns with one hit, kills (Heart attack) with two, and inexplicably vaporizes with three. However, I don't think Side Effect or Symptom works for that; neither enhancement allows you to afflict a Mortal Condition. They're actually quite specific in what they allow.

I'd just treat is as a powerful Toxic attack, with the damage delayed until the third blow is struck to the same location. Then all the damage kicks in at once, and the target (hopefully) drops dead.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Yeah, I suppose that would be fair. It would certainly cut down a bit on the useage of No Wounding + Symptom as a cheap Affliction substitute. Would you require the same "Phantom Wounding" to replace No Wounding for Side Effects?
No. Side Effects never use the word "wound" and you can have "Penetrating Damage" without causing a wound. So I would allow No Wounding in conjunction with Side Effect. But that has a resistance roll!
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affliction, leech, resistance