Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Mythalinear

Default Concerning Poisons

I have been reading the Afflictions / Enhancements / Limitations sections in Characters and I am unsure on a few points. I am hoping that the good folks on the forums can lend me a hand.

I want to create a venom for a monster and this is what I've come up with.

Fatigue Venom (1) 1d fat; Follow up (Fangs); Blood Agent; Resist HT-1; Cyclic 10 sec (x3); Symptom 2/3 -5 ST.

I want to add a longer duration for the Fatigue loss as well as ST loss. As it stands you can regain all fatigue back by resting for an hour and ST loss only lasts for a few minutes. I would like the FP and ST loss to be comparable to 'Missed Sleep' as far as recovery is concerned.

I looked up 'Extended Duration' but it said that the affliction in question must either have Aura, Persistent, or Wall, or specifically allow this enhancement.
Mythalinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Default Re: Concerning Poisons

Moved to GURPS section where it belongs.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
gjc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythalinear View Post
I want to add a longer duration for the Fatigue loss as well as ST loss. As it stands you can regain all fatigue back by resting for an hour and ST loss only lasts for a few minutes. I would like the FP and ST loss to be comparable to 'Missed Sleep' as far as recovery is concerned.

I looked up 'Extended Duration' but it said that the affliction in question must either have Aura, Persistent, or Wall, or specifically allow this enhancement.
The enhancement you're looking for is Hazard (B104, under Damage Modifiers). That should make the Fatigue more difficult to recover. As described by Symptom, the ST loss will remain until the fatigue is recovered to above the threshold.
gjc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
Mythalinear

Huh... can't believe I overlooked that. Thank you very much, that is simply fantastic!

Another question I had was about the 'cumulative' enhancement under afflictions. Am I correct in thinking that this option is only for the symptoms and not for the fatigue damage itself? (as in, multiple venom injections will start their own 10 second cycles without taking the +400% cumulative enhancement)

Last edited by Mythalinear; 04-21-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Mythalinear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affliction, enhance, poison, venom