Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #531
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is this going to happen the same day that Hua is disabling the weapons?
Yes, but it is going to be the elevators that expose her the least. It's a diversion.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:01 AM   #532
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Which armory are you leaving for last?
I'll take the remaining armories in this order:
1) Middle Exposed Women's
2) Most Exposed Women's
3) Most Exposed Men's
4) Middle Exposed Men's
5) Least Exposed Men's

Disabling the alarm and opening the door
Quote:
[338] 21-03-10 17:44:23 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
[339] 21-03-10 17:44:34 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
[340] 21-03-10 17:44:41 CET
Traps
3d6 <= 15 : 1 + 3 + 5 = 9 ... success
[341] 21-03-10 17:45:41 CET
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 12 : 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success
Slipping inside and disabling weapons
Quote:
[342] 21-03-10 17:46:49 CET
Armoury
3d6 <= 13 : 2 + 1 + 1 = 4 ... success
[343] 21-03-10 17:47:03 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 6 + 6 + 3 = 15 ... success
Next locker:
Quote:
[344] 21-03-10 17:48:12 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 2 + 1 + 1 = 4 ... success
[345] 21-03-10 17:48:23 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 6 + 6 + 3 = 15 ... success
[346] 21-03-10 17:48:53 CET
Traps
3d6 <= 15 : 5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... success
[347] 21-03-10 17:49:05 CET
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 12 : 4 + 1 + 1 = 6 ... success
[348] 21-03-10 17:49:38 CET
Armoury
3d6 <= 13 : 3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success
[349] 21-03-10 17:49:56 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 3 + 3 + 5 = 11 ... success
I guess stealth across the way then next locker?
Quote:
[350] 21-03-10 17:53:50 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 1 + 1 = 5 ... success
[351] 21-03-10 17:54:11 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 6 + 2 + 4 = 12 ... success
[352] 21-03-10 17:54:30 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 6 + 2 = 10 ... success
[353] 21-03-10 17:54:58 CET
Traps
3d6 <= 15 : 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success
[354] 21-03-10 17:55:11 CET
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 12 : 1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... success
[355] 21-03-10 17:55:31 CET
Armoury
3d6 <= 13 : 3 + 2 + 3 = 8 ... success
[356] 21-03-10 17:55:46 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 ... success
And the next one:
Quote:
[357] 21-03-10 17:57:18 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success
[358] 21-03-10 17:57:39 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 3 + 2 = 7 ... success
[359] 21-03-10 17:57:52 CET
Traps
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 5 + 5 = 14 ... success
[360] 21-03-10 17:58:12 CET
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 14 [Was supposed to be 12] : 1 + 3 + 6 = 10 ... success
[361] 21-03-10 17:59:16 CET
Armoury
3d6 <= 13 : 5 + 1 + 2 = 8 ... success
[362] 21-03-10 17:59:33 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
And now all that's left is the return to bunkroom:
Quote:
[363] 21-03-10 18:01:28 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 6 + 1 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #533
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Yes, but it is going to be the elevators that expose her the least. It's a diversion.
Give me a traps roll.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll take the remaining armories in this order:
1) Middle Exposed Women's
2) Most Exposed Women's
3) Most Exposed Men's
4) Middle Exposed Men's
5) Least Exposed Men's

Hua continues making good time on the second armory, doing it even faster than the first. On the third armory, she begins to fatigue, doing it in four minutes rather than in under three. But she disables all of the weapons on that side of the ship.



She slips into the riskiest room of them all, and has barely started disabling weapons when she hears the door behind her creak, and a man sticks his head in to look around. Hua is invisible at the moment, of course.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:24 PM   #534
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Give me a traps roll.
Here it goes!

Pacifica (traps, elevator action):
3d6 <= 12
1 + 4 + 2 = 7 ... success

Also, let me know if you need a stealth roll.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 03-10-2021 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Extra details.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #535
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
She slips into the riskiest room of them all, and has barely started disabling weapons when she hears the door behind her creak, and a man sticks his head in to look around. Hua is invisible at the moment, of course.
OK. I'll return whatever weapon I was holding to the rack, take a small metal tool out and slip it into the door to prevent it from being completely closed.

Quote:
[365] 21-03-10 21:32:08 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
[366] 21-03-10 21:33:10 CET
DX?
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:18 PM   #536
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Also, let me know if you need a stealth roll.
That's probably a good idea. give me a stealth roll.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. I'll return whatever weapon I was holding to the rack, take a small metal tool out and slip it into the door to prevent it from being completely closed.
You stick the item in the door.



The man seems satisfied that the door was just improperly locked, and shuts it. Of course, it doesn't shut quite all the way. The man notices, and tries to shut it again, then starts looking around for why it won't shut.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:43 PM   #537
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Could I get an acting roll from both Pacficia and Daymar, and a DX roll from Daymar?
[368] 21-03-10 23:42:40 CET - senkowm@gmail.com

DX roll

3d6 <= 14
6 + 2 + 4 = 12 ... success

[367] 21-03-10 23:42:23 CET - senkowm@gmail.com

Acting

3d6 <= 14
4 + 3 + 4 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:52 PM   #538
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The man seems satisfied that the door was just improperly locked, and shuts it. Of course, it doesn't shut quite all the way. The man notices, and tries to shut it again, then starts looking around for why it won't shut.
OK, I remove the item from the door, slip past him, and exit the locker. Stealth and DX I suppose.

Quote:
[369] 21-03-10 23:51:02 CET
DX [Was supposed to be Stealth]
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success
[370] 21-03-10 23:51:15 CET
DX
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 2 + 3 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #539
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's probably a good idea. give me a stealth roll.
Pacifica's Stealth (elevator action):
3d6 <= 15
3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:03 AM   #540
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Nejora's temper flares when the clumbsy man from Engineering bumps into her (Daymar). She gives him a few choices words as he sheepishly moves on past. As Nejora and Pacifica begin their shift, Pacifica notices Nejora looking over at Pacifica a lot more than normal, with a slightly less grumpy face than normal.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I remove the item from the door, slip past him, and exit the locker. Stealth and DX I suppose.

Wow, those are some really good rolls. I'm switching DX to acrobatics and assigning a penalty... but you have acrobatics and can take the penalty.



Hua is able to quickly flit over the security guy as he stoops down looking for the tool. She lands silently, the tool in hand. The guy shakes his head, unable to find the obstruction, and tries shutting the door again. It shuts and locks with a click. He scowls at the door, then continues on his way to relieve himself in the washroom.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica's Stealth (elevator action):
3d6 <= 15
3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success
Hua gets in and causes one of the main elevators at the back of the ship to go flaky, delivering goods to the wrong floor. The effect is nearly instant, and within 10 minutes a team of mechanics is looking at why the elevator broke.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.