Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #91
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

The System Access Unit shows several orchards, all seemingly real, but able to be navigated through and rotated. One of them is in full bloom, and almost unnaturally so. It strangely has peaches on those same trees.

Olive shows the gorgeous orchard to the wanderer. "That's... not a peach tree. That is a peach tree. I'm not looking for a peach tree."

He says this to himself, like he's half asleep. "I need to go to... Why are there no trees here? Where are the trees? Where is the fruit?"

The stuffy feeling she's been experiencing seems to be concentrated around the man.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #92
Plane

I forget what social skill would be applicable (Fast Talk?) but going to say "follow me, there is a line and perhaps the line will eventually lead you to the peach trees" and beckon him to return to proper position.

I don't think this is outright lying... after all if you are properly medically treated they might let you be involved in excursions to plant peach trees!
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #93
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"A Line? A line of what? I need to find... cucumbers. Where do cucumbers grow?"

(Yes, fast talk works well here. roll away!)

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #94
Plane

https://dicelog.com/joinlogdice room 278, 3d6=13
Old 11-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #95
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Her words seem to effect him only momentarily, before he starts looking for potatoes. However, a quick "Over here!" is good enough to get him moving. she has to repeat it, but she can get him in the location she wants.

She can't get him to stop searching for things, nor can she really get him to focus on one thing he's looking for. It switches from onions to tomatoes to corn.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #96
Plane

"SAU would you be able to respond to the vegetables this man is saying aloud and display the most popular pictures of them as quickly as possible, changing to whatever he recently said?"

*going to try and hold up pictures for him to see so he keeps following me back to the line*

"Do you know if there is any kind of guide rope I could use to pen him in around here?"
Old 11-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #97
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man slowly follows her. He doesn't seem to focus on the images much, but her voice is effective at leading him.

Heera: "We have boundary tape, but you are not authorized to use it."

Olive suddenly feels the stuffy feeling leave the man and move over to surround her. Suddenly she has the urge to scratch her tail. Not a figurative tail, but her mind suddenly thinks she's got a long tail trailing on the ground behind her.

"Where Am I? Who are you?" The man sounds considerably more lucid now.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #98
Plane

*begins aimlessly pawing at the air behind her*

(though probably can't reach 180 degrees back due to spinal rotation impediments)

Is there anything for her to back into to rub against like a wall corner or support pillar? If hands can't do the job, a booty scooty against a fixed surface may be the only solve. Unless of course she realizes what her instincts are telling her to do and can resist doing something embarassing? I rolled 3d6=11 if a Will roll applies.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #99
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

She does realize her instincts are telling her to do something embarrassing, and may freely resist.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #100
Plane

Oh okay well then she resists and just feels uncomfortable, (I guess no will roll was needed?)

"SAU Heera how would one obtain authorization to use the boundary tape?"

*in the meanwhile will hold arms up to vaguely act like a boundary while canvassing the room for the next closest wanderer to corrale back in*