Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2024, 02:33 PM   #251
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

I'm packing a lot in together to help move things up so other players aren't waiting on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Fireball: "This was your plan! I was going to wait until the archer goes away! Don't try to pretend this isn't your fault. Find out what he knows!"
(Anoras speaking) "Mystic, as the giant nearly died it will of course take a while before he's conscious. Even then, it may take time before he's coherent enough to answer questions. At first, his mind may be confused, mixing reality with fantasy. He might mistake a fireball for a firefly, a wind-shaken bush for walking skeletal bones, Haunden for Holidor. For a while, his mind may be lost in dreams.

"Meanwhile, I have more wounded to attend to."


Question for the GM: These sorcerers keep their real names secret. I imagine Anoras, with Hidden Lore (Sorcery), would know why. If it requires a roll, the GM can roll for me.


Anoras will do First Aid on the injured, the badly injured first. The GM can do those rolls for me.


While Anoras is doing First Aid, she will use Acting as "the GM may also require an Acting roll whenever you try to fool someone...." (B 174). She wants to seem like she supports their cause. (For all I know as of right now, she more-or-less might--they and we might have a common enemy).

To gain a specific piece of information ("Do you have prisoners and, if so, where are they?") she'll use Fast-Talk. She'll try to use this on someone who might know but who does not seem to be one of the smartest of the group.

I'll roll on Acting and Fast-Talk. If the first Fast-Talk roll doesn't reveal what she wants to know, she'll try again on a different person--the GM can do an additional roll for me if needed.
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:24 AM   #252
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Rainy Day Ninja, are you still with us? Thad may be unconscious, but he is very much the center of attention. I know Kalazzaz and I are both very curious how Anoras is going to get Thad out of there. or herself.



How long will Cassandra wait for them to move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
(Anoras speaking) "Mystic, as the giant nearly died it will of course take a while before he's conscious. Even then, it may take time before he's coherent enough to answer questions. At first, his mind may be confused, mixing reality with fantasy. He might mistake a fireball for a firefly, a wind-shaken bush for walking skeletal bones, Haunden for Holidor. For a while, his mind may be lost in dreams.
fireball watches the giant as he lays on the forest floor, fuming.


Quote:
Question for the GM: These sorcerers keep their real names secret. I imagine Anoras, with Hidden Lore (Sorcery), would know why. If it requires a roll, the GM can roll for me.
secret roll:


Some of its tradition. Some of it is a break with who they were. Some of it is that Sorcerers seem to gain a little extra pleasure and power from sacrificing people they knew before.

Quote:
"Meanwhile, I have more wounded to attend to."


Anoras will do First Aid on the injured, the badly injured first. The GM can do those rolls for me.
Ok, so bandages for everyone!


They all heal only a single point of damage, through no fault of how hard Anoras is trying.


Quote:
While Anoras is doing First Aid, she will use Acting as "the GM may also require an Acting roll whenever you try to fool someone...." (B 174). She wants to seem like she supports their cause. (For all I know as of right now, she more-or-less might--they and we might have a common enemy).

To gain a specific piece of information ("Do you have prisoners and, if so, where are they?") she'll use Fast-Talk. She'll try to use this on someone who might know but who does not seem to be one of the smartest of the group.

I'll roll on Acting and Fast-Talk. If the first Fast-Talk roll doesn't reveal what she wants to know, she'll try again on a different person--the GM can do an additional roll for me if needed.
"We left the Haunden prisoners with Stripes. No need to bring them on this raid. We're meeting back up at the sacrifice site. We might need to call them back so we have enough men for the raid."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:10 PM   #253
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Cassandra will stick around as long as she can see her friends
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:13 PM   #254
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Rainy Day Ninja, are you still with us? Thad may be unconscious, but he is very much the center of attention. I know Kalazzaz and I are both very curious how Anoras is going to get Thad out of there. or herself....
I am also very curious how Anoras is going to do it. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How long will Cassandra wait for them to move?
Not a question for me, of course. But as Cassandra was watching Thad, she probably had a very good chance of seeing Anoras using First Aid--and that Anoras is not tied and doesn't have a sword at her back. I imagine Cassandra would remember that Anoras talked about her possible plans to deal with the Venasir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They all heal only a single point of damage, through no fault of how hard Anoras is trying.
(Anoras speaking, and sounding tired--for real) "That is the best I can do for now. The injured need to rest, and so do I."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
We left the Haunden prisoners with Stripes. No need to bring them on this raid. We're meeting back up at the sacrifice site. We might need to call them back so we have enough men for the raid."
(Anoras speaking) "Ah yes, wise plan. And I believe you're right. With many suffering severe injuries that will take quite a while to heal, meeting back up with Stripes and the others at the sacrifice site sounds like a good idea."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
...Additionally, Anoras makes a mental check of the "sacrifice sites" in the region. Scorcerors gain great power through human sacrifice, but only at the right locations and at the right times, usually at night. There are five sites nearby that will be right in the next five days.
Based on the attack on Haunden, the path the attacking Venasir took from there, our current location, and Anoras having Area Knowledge (both Haunden and Venasir), she'll guess at the two most likely of the five. As she already knows the five sites, perhaps a roll isn't needed. If one is, the GM can roll for me. And/Or Fast Talk if that's needed.

(Anoras speaking): "Ah yes, I imagine the site we're using would be (Site 1) or (Site 2). Is it one of those?"
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:00 AM   #255
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Cassandra will stick around as long as she can see her friends
You can't see any of them. They're behind trees. If you could see them, you could be shooting at them.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:07 AM   #256
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
(Anoras speaking, and sounding tired--for real) "That is the best I can do for now. The injured need to rest, and so do I."

(Anoras speaking) "Ah yes, wise plan. And I believe you're right. With many suffering severe injuries that will take quite a while to heal, meeting back up with Stripes and the others at the sacrifice site sounds like a good idea."
Warrior: "Its not my call, of course."

Quote:
Based on the attack on Haunden, the path the attacking Venasir took from there, our current location, and Anoras having Area Knowledge (both Haunden and Venasir), she'll guess at the two most likely of the five. As she already knows the five sites, perhaps a roll isn't needed. If one is, the GM can roll for me. And/Or Fast Talk if that's needed.

(Anoras speaking): "Ah yes, I imagine the site we're using would be (Site 1) or (Site 2). Is it one of those?"
Warrior: "I don't know. If we get lost a bird will come and get us." He gestures to a mark on his hand that matches Anoras's.

Anoras's suggestion of rest prompts a guffaw from fireball. He turns to Wings. "Is that archer still there? we've got to get rid of her."
Wings: "Yeah, I don't know what she's waiting for."
Busan: "We should swing around the trees with the main force and flush her out. If we have enough force. She's a better shot than anyone we have, and that's a nasty strong bow."
"Or we backtrack and rebalance our forces."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:09 AM   #257
RainyDayNinja
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Haha, yeah I'm still checking in. Just let me know when it's time to try to wake up!
__________________
Thad - 1 LFP, -29/17 HP
RainyDayNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:21 AM   #258
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Oh, I thought I could see them, just not good shot at them, they can see her. Of course they can probably spell Purr unlike her
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:36 AM   #259
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Oh, I thought I could see them, just not good shot at them, they can see her. Of course they can probably spell Purr unlike her
They aren't watching you from the trees, as far as you can tell. They're relying on some mystic effect from wings to watch you.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:57 AM   #260
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Cassandra will probably eventually figure they left and wander off then

Given her navigation land is something along the lines of 4, I might just use the scatter diagram
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.