Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
JCurwen3

Default [Horror] Corrupting Limitation for Continuing Effect Abilities

Corrupting works on a per use basis.

For abilities that produce instantaneous effects (e.g., Innate Attack), this makes sense.

But what about abilities like Flight or Possession, where the abilities have continuous effects? The Costs Fatigue and Costs Hit Points limitations work differently for those types of abilities.

How should Corrupting work for those types of abilities? Is having it work like Costs FP and Costs HP too harsh, or totally acceptable?

The point is I'd like either to have Corrupting work on a continuing basis for such continuing effect abilities rather than once on activation. If that's not RAW, or not possibly too harsh, some advice on the best, least mean way to do that.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: [Horror] Corrupting Limitation for Continuing Effect Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
The point is I'd like either to have Corrupting work on a continuing basis for such continuing effect abilities rather than once on activation. If that's not RAW, or not possibly too harsh, some advice on the best, least mean way to do that.
Absent a specified duration, all advantages have a 10 second duration. (GURPS Basic, pg 101)
Costs HP and Costs FP consider a "use" to be one minute in duration for abilities with a duration.

Having the corruption apply every 10 seconds of use is reasonable. Having the corruption apply every minute of use is also reasonable.

I'd say its' a GM call to be made when designing the setting in question.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Jerander

Adding Costs FP or Costs HP sets a 1-min duration to a continuing ability. Seems fair to have Corruption add the same duration.
Jerander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerander View Post
Adding Costs FP or Costs HP sets a 1-min duration to a continuing ability. Seems fair to have Corruption add the same duration.
This is how I handle it.

Tags
continuing effects, corrupting, corruption, limitation