Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-20-2022, 10:32 AM   #1461
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar thinks he got everyone.
Daymar converses with the guards, letting them know that the prisoners should be on our side now and can be put to work under supervision. He then checks in with Pacifica and Hua to see where to focus his attention next.
Old 06-20-2022, 11:05 AM   #1462
TGLS

Quote:
"Or captured. Might be worth checking. I'll take command of the officer's quarters and keep the troops here out of your way. Until someone higher ranking show up. In which case I might just let them use the captain's comm system. Do you have that code? Did you shut the door?"
"No, I didn't shut the door to the captain's office. Which code?"
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #1463
Hide

OOC: Hua is still at the commander’s place, right?

Pacifica checks with Hua the status of the section she’s raided. She’s taking to her using her PSI ability to talk through the speakers without using her vocal cords. She also asks Daymar (in private) about the number of men they have; she suggests taking over the least "reversible" threats (which in her opinion is missiles, then reactors, etc.)

Daymar, do you know the number of security men that are “clean” (not subverted)?

Pacifica wants to know more about the people they might face, this will help her in making suggestions. In the meantime, she suggests using Zybo to calm down the situation.

Zybo’s got the leadership to deal with those that aren’t subverted. If “our people” play along, this could give us the chance to subvert others in a less stressful situation.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:29 PM   #1464
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: She also asks Daymar (in private) about the number of men they have; she suggests taking over the least "reversible" threats (which in her opinion is missiles, then reactors, etc.)[/I]

Daymar, do you know the number of security men that are “clean” (not subverted)?
Well, we took over two of three security shifts, at roughly 60 each IIRC, so there's about 60 loyalist security left. For how many men we have total, I think it's in excess of 250: 120ish security, 60 or so from the bridge, at least 65 or so prisoners from various places, and miscellaneous others.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:43 AM   #1465
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"No, I didn't shut the door to the captain's office. Which code?"
"The code securing the captain's office... so we don't know it, but we can get in. That will work."

Quote:
OOC: Hua is still at the commander’s place, right?
Yeah, you can't quite talk with Hua quite yet soon enough though.

Quote:
Pacifica checks with Hua the status of the section she’s raided. She’s taking to her using her PSI ability to talk through the speakers without using her vocal cords.

That message is going to the troops at the fore command center on deck 6.

Quote:
Pacifica wants to know more about the people they might face, this will help her in making suggestions. In the meantime, she suggests using Zybo to calm down the situation.

Zybo’s got the leadership to deal with those that aren’t subverted. If “our people” play along, this could give us the chance to subvert others in a less stressful situation.
Are you talking about Zybo or Vinobi? you don't know where either of those two are..

Quote:
She also asks Daymar (in private) about the number of men they have; she suggests taking over the least "reversible" threats (which in her opinion is missiles, then reactors, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Well, we took over two of three security shifts, at roughly 60 each IIRC, so there's about 60 loyalist security left. For how many men we have total, I think it's in excess of 250: 120ish security, 60 or so from the bridge, at least 65 or so prisoners from various places, and miscellaneous others.
The security section is actually the security and moral section, so the base number per section is 30, not 60. You had around 60 security converted.

Most* of the remaining 30 security fought in the big mass combat battle. Most* of those (3/4's?) where neutralized in the fight. After the fight, while daymar was brainwashing, Sgt. Pookivo counted the numbers up, and about 15 are unaccounted for: either they escaped the battle, or they weren't in it. Three of those were taken out by pacifica, plus two more at the forward command center, so know you're looking at 10.

Sgt. Pookivo's count of officers reveals that you eliminated 17 of them in the battle, out of a total of 36. You've also got the six you converted a ways back, and Pacifica shot and impersonated Butieku, so that's another seven down: there are 12 left... actually 10, but you don't know Hua's been playing assassin yet.

Of your initial 60 security, 9 are out of action, so that's 51.

So in terms of armed men, you have 51 security, 6 officers, and 3 dreadstormers. They have 10 security and 10 officers.

You've got about 115 people from taking the three command centers (I think about five were shot). Vibibu (life support officer) is collecting his section: none of those are brainwashed, but he should have neutralized around 40 or more of them by now, with maybe 20 left. Daymar's old section is locked up, of course, so that's another 60 neutralized. Another 40 were nabbed by Daymar's fire trick.

So I'm counting about 180 people on your side total, mostly security and command centers. Another 140 are locked up without a fight, and around 20 security and 15 officers were violently put out of action.

That's just under 400 out of the 1836 men who were on the ship. But its 106 of the 126 who are armed.

Let me know if you think I missed anyone in that count.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:31 AM   #1466
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The security section is actually the security and moral section, so the base number per section is 30, not 60. You had around 60 security converted.

Most* of the remaining 30 security fought in the big mass combat battle. Most* of those (3/4's?) where neutralized in the fight. After the fight, while daymar was brainwashing, Sgt. Pookivo counted the numbers up, and about 15 are unaccounted for: either they escaped the battle, or they weren't in it. Three of those were taken out by pacifica, plus two more at the forward command center, so know you're looking at 10.

Sgt. Pookivo's count of officers reveals that you eliminated 17 of them in the battle, out of a total of 36. You've also got the six you converted a ways back, and Pacifica shot and impersonated Butieku, so that's another seven down: there are 12 left... actually 10, but you don't know Hua's been playing assassin yet.

Of your initial 60 security, 9 are out of action, so that's 51.

So in terms of armed men, you have 51 security, 6 officers, and 3 dreadstormers. They have 10 security and 10 officers.

You've got about 115 people from taking the three command centers (I think about five were shot). Vibibu (life support officer) is collecting his section: none of those are brainwashed, but he should have neutralized around 40 or more of them by now, with maybe 20 left. Daymar's old section is locked up, of course, so that's another 60 neutralized. Another 40 were nabbed by Daymar's fire trick.

So I'm counting about 180 people on your side total, mostly security and command centers. Another 140 are locked up without a fight, and around 20 security and 15 officers were violently put out of action.

That's just under 400 out of the 1836 men who were on the ship. But its 106 of the 126 who are armed.

Let me know if you think I missed anyone in that count.
That looks accurate, I'm glad you have better recollection of all this than I do! It sounds like we're in a pretty good position so long as no one blows up the ship!
Old 06-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #1467
TGLS

Quote:
"The code securing the captain's office... so we don't know it, but we can get in. That will work."
"Good. I suppose we could soon be left with only our own officers."

I'll take my leave now and try to escape unnoticed.
Quote:
[1036] 22-06-21 21:52:58 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
4 + 2 + 4 = 10 ... success
[1037] 22-06-21 21:53:21 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 5 + 2 = 13 ... success
OK, then I'll try to make it to the command center to talk with Daymar and Pacifica, and to tell the security amassed at the command center to check the names of the officers they found dead for a 'Zybo' and a 'Tutuna'.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #1468
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Good. I suppose we could soon be left with only our own officers."
Vinobi: "I'll do what I can."

Quote:
I'll take my leave now and try to escape unnoticed.
It works!

Quote:
OK, then I'll try to make it to the command center to talk with Daymar and Pacifica, and to tell the security amassed at the command center to check the names of the officers they found dead for a 'Zybo' and a 'Tutuna'.
There are two command centers... you can get the information either at the one on deck 9 or deck 6. Which one is Hua headed to?

You've got a lot more captured than dead... but neither Zybo nor Tutuna are among their number... they are still free.

Quote:
Pacifica checks with Hua the status of the section she’s raided. She’s taking to her using her PSI ability to talk through the speakers without using her vocal cords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar converses with the guards, letting them know that the prisoners should be on our side now and can be put to work under supervision. He then checks in with Pacifica and Hua to see where to focus his attention next.
The dreadstormers make contact with each other. Hua reports that she has shot the captain and rigged his radio to explode. Vinobi will be "leading" any soldiers who come to that location to do little to nothing.

Everyone now knows the updated troop numbers discussed above now. The officer's quarters are being held by Vinobi, the three command centers are full of security troops and converted personnel, and Vibibu is slowly collecting the life support people.

Officers and Sections worth noting:
  • Lasers is currently led by Jokuchi, who is on the dreadstormer side. Lasers is one of two sections most aware of the fighting, as it happened mostly right next to it.
  • The Warp Drive is full of engineers from motive and drivers from transport. The fighting happened near them and the security used was mostly stationed there. They shouldn't have any leadership present, as Jivithi (a converted officer) wasn't there in the battle, and he commands motive.
  • The Maneuver drive is a target for anyone trying to blow up the ship. Jivithi is probably there, commanding it.
  • The Reactor Core is another hot target. Tizu, its commander might act on her own. It has been far away from any of the fighting.
  • Missiles is a target for a self-destruct tool. Its led by Buthiji, who Vinobi thinks is one of the more likely to actually try self-destructing the ship.
  • Zybo was in the battle, but escaped, and Vinobi considers him likely to try something.
  • Tutuna, a security officer, also escaped, and is Vinobi says she's likely to try doing something.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #1469
TGLS

Quote:
There are two command centers... you can get the information either at the one on deck 9 or deck 6. Which one is Hua headed to?
The closer one. If they're both equally far, I'll go to the one Pacifica was at when the battle broke out. She said she needed help if I recall.

Quote:
Everyone now knows the updated troop numbers discussed above now. The officer's quarters are being held by Vinobi, the three command centers are full of security troops and converted personnel, and Vibibu is slowly collecting the life support people.
Are the security at the bottom of the ship having any problems with the off-duty personnel they've confined?

Quote:
Officers and Sections worth noting:
  • Lasers is currently led by Jokuchi, who is on the dreadstormer side. Lasers is one of two sections most aware of the fighting, as it happened mostly right next to it.
  • The Warp Drive is full of engineers from motive and drivers from transport. The fighting happened near them and the security used was mostly stationed there. They shouldn't have any leadership present, as Jivithi (a converted officer) wasn't there in the battle, and he commands motive.
  • The Maneuver drive is a target for anyone trying to blow up the ship. Jivithi is probably there, commanding it.
  • The Reactor Core is another hot target. Tizu, its commander might act on her own. It has been far away from any of the fighting.
  • Missiles is a target for a self-destruct tool. Its led by Buthiji, who Vinobi thinks is one of the more likely to actually try self-destructing the ship.
  • Zybo was in the battle, but escaped, and Vinobi considers him likely to try something.
  • Tutuna, a security officer, also escaped, and is Vinobi says she's likely to try doing something.
"Right, I think phase two should go like this:"
"1) We leave a pair of guards at the command centers in case any of the converted personnel have resisted Daymar's programming."
"2) We split our force so we can take control of the Missile section [I think there would be many locations; perhaps the main office?] and the Reactor core simultaneously."
"3) We check in on maneuver and lasers to see if they need any help keeping the crewmen there under control."
"After we're done with the Reactor and Missiles, we can take control of Maneuver and Lasers, then go sweeping for any astray officers and personnel like Zybo & Tutuna."
Old 06-23-2022, 05:55 PM   #1470
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"Right, I think phase two should go like this:"
"1) We leave a pair of guards at the command centers in case any of the converted personnel have resisted Daymar's programming."
"2) We split our force so we can take control of the Missile section [I think there would be many locations; perhaps the main office?] and the Reactor core simultaneously."
"3) We check in on maneuver and lasers to see if they need any help keeping the crewmen there under control."
"After we're done with the Reactor and Missiles, we can take control of Maneuver and Lasers, then go sweeping for any astray officers and personnel like Zybo & Tutuna."
"Sounds good to me. Let's do this."