Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #301
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day makes his way briskly through the ship, showing up at the designated meeting point. Nodding to Hua when she arrives, he asks, "How are things coming?"
"See this?" holds up the suppressant pill, "All that's left of the suppressants in my mess. Should be ready to go ahead with raiding an armory soon. I'm planning on disabling most if not all of the guns. Still want me to grab a gun for you? Any idea where to stash it?"

Last edited by TGLS; 11-18-2020 at 04:14 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #302
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"See this?" holds up the suppressant pill, "All that's left of the suppressants in my mess. Should be ready to go ahead with raiding an armory soon. I'm planning on disabling most if not all of the guns. Still want me to grab a gun for you? Any idea where to stash it?"
"Yes, I think I can find a place to hide it. Could you disable the other weapons in the armoury, while you're at it? I've started the 'conversion' process, seven others on board are now fanatically devoted to the Fifth Spinward Republic. Oh, and I made another one a pyro. I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard of any incidents from either. Anyway, I plan to keep on bringing people to our side as much as I can without being noticed. I can disable the engines for a bit if we need some time."

OOC: Would a Spacer roll help identify an appropriate hiding place for a gun?
Old 11-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #303
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
OOC: Would a Spacer roll help identify an appropriate hiding place for a gun?

Spacer is appropriate, yes.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #304
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Spacer is appropriate, yes.
[184] 20-11-19 23:12:11 CET

Spacer to identify hiding place for a gun

3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 5 = 14 ... success
Old 11-19-2020, 06:38 PM   #305
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

You might try hiding contraband like that in the emergency supplies closet of a compartment that sees little use. You could also stash it in a full hydrogen brick chamber, making a little chamber in the bricks and then covering it up. Empty brick chambers are also an option: easier to stash, but easier to be discovered.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:15 PM   #306
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You might try hiding contraband like that in the emergency supplies closet of a compartment that sees little use. You could also stash it in a full hydrogen brick chamber, making a little chamber in the bricks and then covering it up. Empty brick chambers are also an option: easier to stash, but easier to be discovered.
I'll poke about nearby stacks of bricks, looking for a suitable spot.
Quote:
[185] 20-11-20 04:53:21 CET
Camouflage?
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... success
I gesture at a stack of bricks with a suitable spot,
"I'll stash the gun for you there. I'll aim to get it done in four or five days. Have any plan to take the ship besides just shooting everyone?"
Old 11-20-2020, 03:34 AM   #307
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I'll poke about nearby stacks of bricks, looking for a suitable spot.

I gesture at a stack of bricks with a suitable spot,
"I'll stash the gun for you there. I'll aim to get it done in four or five days. Have any plan to take the ship besides just shooting everyone?"
"The gun is a back-up, if it comes to shooting I don't want to be caught unarmed. If I can subvert some officers, pilots, maybe even the captain, we could take the ship largely without bloodshed, but it'll be tricky...they'll all be trained to watch for the signs of mind control, and to resist. What about you, what are your intentions past the armoury raid?"

Daymar plans to continue his subversion campaign over the next few days until Hua's armoury raid, looking for opportunities during the course of his day to make contact with people he meets in passing and use Mental Surgery on them, shooting for half a dozen per day. Do you want rolls for each? That'd be 18-24.

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 11-20-2020 at 10:02 AM.
GnomesofZurich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:19 PM   #308
TGLS

Quote:
What about you, what are your intentions past the armoury raid?

"Best I've got is mucking up life support, then starting a big fire to waste the rest all the oxygen on the ship. Then we wait until everyone has abandoned ship, drop out of hyperspace and call for pickup."

Unless there's something more to discuss, Hua will take her leave now. I suppose I can deal with the flour meals with the same strategy as Day (i.e. scoop the food, hold it out, dispose latter). Would I be able to case the general armories on my transportation rounds?
Old 11-22-2020, 03:53 AM   #309
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

"Best I've got is mucking up life support, then starting a big fire to waste the rest all the oxygen on the ship. Then we wait until everyone has abandoned ship, drop out of hyperspace and call for pickup."

"Let me know before you do that, I'm rather fond of oxygen. If I can take control of the bridge, we can pilot this thing back! When shall we meet again? Three, four days from now?"
Old 11-23-2020, 05:54 AM   #310
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar plans to continue his subversion campaign over the next few days until Hua's armoury raid, looking for opportunities during the course of his day to make contact with people he meets in passing and use Mental Surgery on them, shooting for half a dozen per day. Do you want rolls for each? That'd be 18-24.
Yes, the mental surgery rolls will need to be made individually. They're a big deal. Give me times, places, and numbers, and possibly targets, and then I'll ask for rolls. We've got events coming up in the next few days from your last set of sabotage.

Quote:
Unless there's something more to discuss, Hua will take her leave now. I suppose I can deal with the flour meals with the same strategy as Day (i.e. scoop the food, hold it out, dispose latter). Would I be able to case the general armories on my transportation rounds?
Day's strategy has technically been to alter the minds of everyone who could have noticed what he's doing ... but you can try working your way around the flour, it will be easier now.

What day will you be meeting back up again?