Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #561
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What do the three dreadstormers think about the plan to enter the officer's quarters and mind control some or all of them?
Pacifica is confident to set the plan in action. She also thinks using the spare terminals could work, but that is likely to expose her powers and her position, considering how the previous actions carried out by the time have seemingly been pinpointed. In other words, that would be a plan for a “worst case scenario”.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #562
TGLS

"I'm a bit unsure about waltzing into the Officers' Quarters and mind controlling each of them; Daymar lacks invisibility, and if it fails it might be too easy for Officers to call for help. On the other hand, we wouldn't have to spend time casing each of them, so there's that."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #563
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'm a bit unsure about waltzing into the Officers' Quarters (...)
I think it’s not a problem. We don’t have to subvert all of them, it’s just the navigation chief, and we can brainwash him anywhere. I recall it is not a big deal to have us around the officer quarters if we have official business there. And don’t they have their own room and a personal terminal?

Nejora and I could do something about this. Maybe he needs help with improving his shift, and he summons us for that matter.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:05 AM   #564
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I think it’s not a problem. We don’t have to subvert all of them, it’s just the navigation chief, and we can brainwash him anywhere. I recall it is not a big deal to have us around the officer quarters if we have official business there. And don’t they have their own room and a personal terminal?

Nejora and I could do something about this. Maybe he needs help with improving his shift, and he summons us for that matter.
OK, so the plan isn't "break into the Officer's club and start brainwashing" but "Brainwash the Nav-Chief to gain access to the Officer's club." That should be more workable.

Can you case a the nav-chief's day to find a time when he can be isolated and brainwashed?
Old 03-19-2021, 08:27 AM   #565
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:

Can you case a the nav-chief's day to find a time when he can be isolated and brainwashed?

Looking at the time frame for this, the nav-chief works the same hours as Pacifica and Daymar.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:13 PM   #566
Hide

Quote:
OK, so the plan (...) "Brainwash the Nav-Chief to gain access to the Officer's club."(...)
Quote:
Looking at the time frame for this, the nav-chief works the same hours as Pacifica and Daymar.
We could make talk with the Nav-Chief once the shift is over, and arrange "a meeting" between Day and him in the aisles. Once he's subverted I will convince him of taking us to his room, to work with his request (e.g. a new schedule).
Old 03-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #567
TGLS

Taking another tack for a moment, would messing with any of the spare parts potentially extend the duration the ship would be disabled if Daymar did his little sabotage?
Quote:
where they keep the spare parts for various reactor components and computers
Old 03-19-2021, 01:18 PM   #568
Hide

Quote:
Taking another tack for a moment, would messing with any of the spare parts potentially extend the duration the ship would be disabled if Daymar did his little sabotage?
Alright, I think it will. What do you have in mind?

I could mess with another elevator and you could wait at the warehouse, ready to get inside. Once the guys fetch the parts and leave for the elevator, you do your thing.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:23 AM   #569
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
We could make talk with the Nav-Chief once the shift is over, and arrange "a meeting" between Day and him in the aisles. Once he's subverted I will convince him of taking us to his room, to work with his request (e.g. a new schedule).
That would be fraternizing: you don't get to make small talk with your superior officer, nor discuss even work matters in an informal context. You could watch to see when he leaves the room to go his office, or observe other parts of his schedule: I'll even let that be done retroactively.

Quote:
That's a great thought. I'm going to say that targeting the right parts would extend the disabled drive for three more days. It will make it obvious that the job was sabotage and not bad luck. Daymar won't personally attract suspicion, but his shift will.

Gnomes, its been a while since we heard from you...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:36 PM   #570
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Gnomes, its been a while since we heard from you...
So it has. I'm not really sure what situation Daymar finds himself in at the moment. This game hasn't really been holding my interest as much as it did in the early days of the game.