Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #111
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Rider: A good sense of people? would you be able to pick up me in yourself?

---------------------

"I'm Mr. Hysop. I represent this county in the council at Boston. Tips for a newcomer? I'd say to throw yourself into this world as much as you can. find something here that you can live with and be it. Lots of you folk have trouble adjusting. Find your niche and go for it!"

Councilman Hysop looks at Mr. Batty "Is he the only one you found?".

Batty: "Other than a dog, no."

Hysop gives Mr. Batty a worried glance, obviously in reference to something being fishy.

Hysop: "Well, I've got to be going. Good to meet you son."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #112
the_matrix_walker

"Nice to meet you too... Sorry you have to go, I was hoping to hear more about Boston."

Peter thinks to Rider... 'I don't know, this is all new to me. Is there something we could say to him that people wouldn't think was strange, but another "rider" might recognize to let him know I'm on to him?'
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #113
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "I don't think he's one of us. At least not with knowing so little about him. And unless we're sure I don't want to say anything suspicious at all. These people can be quite paranoid. Most of the time we observe each other and then drop names."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #114
the_matrix_walker

((So is Peter supposed to go back to the Batty's? I was under the impression they were supposed to give him a new place to stay or something...))
Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #115
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(Hysop isn't handling any paperwork. He's just walking around making sure everything is running smoothly and looking good. He's a politician)

Peter's paperwork nears completion, and he is asked if he'd rather stay with a local family, or be moved to a 'assimilation home'. The assimilation home is in Boston, and there aren't very many people there at the moment.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #116
the_matrix_walker

Recalling how early these farmers seem to get up to start their day... Peter elects to check out Boston. That should give him more opportunity to talk with Mr. Hysop.

"I think I'd like to see more of this land and go to Boston."
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #117
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mr. Batty looks a little disappointed, but not much.

Peter is asked what the dog is 'good for': what its been trained to do: lead the blind, guard dog, herding, hunting, ect.?

Mr. Hysop is still in the building, and reappears volunteering to drive Peter to Boston and drop him off at the center. "Isn't my job making sure everything in Boston goes well for the people out here? I'll give him a lift."

Old 04-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #118
the_matrix_walker

"Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Batty, and please tell your family I said thank you and g'bye."

"Goliath is my friend and he's the smartest dog ever! I taught him lots of tricks." Peter has the big dog roll over, play dead, shake hands and speak to demonstrate. "He's a great companion...I never taught him to do a real job though... but I bet he'd learn real fast if I did." his tone switches for the benefit of the animal.. "Wouldn'tcha boy!?"
Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #119
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"So he isn't trained for anything specific, but he is very well behaved and trainable. You may need to improve his training. No idea what his age is? hmmm. I suppose you can keep him with you."

Mr. Batty promises to tell the family, and notes his boys will miss Peter.

Mr. Hysop has about an hour of business to do before heading back to boston. Peter can either acompany him or stay in the courthouse and 'learn a little more about this place'

Mr. Hysop's 'car' is odd: it looks like you took the front of the tractor and put a different set of wheels on it and moved the carriage farther back.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #120
the_matrix_walker

Peter thanks Mr. Batty again, and asks him to give his thanks and goodbyes to his family. After that, he sticks to Hysop like glue, trying to figure out how to confirm his suspicions without endangering himself...

When Mr. Hysop discusses Goliath, Peter replies "He could learn whateva! Goliath is as smart as they come, and I wouldn't go anywhere that I couldn't bring him."

Tags
lost in dreams