Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 04-06-2024, 06:02 AM   #21
restlessgriffin

Default Re: Saethor's Bane: A DFRPG Solo Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgriffin View Post
Ok, thanks. Guess I'll wait as I wouldn't get to use it for about 2 weeks. Thanks. Never fear, I'll surely buy something else from you this month!
I got the preliminary version in PDF after backing the project. I plan an trying a solo run using the included characters. I really like the color art work. That makes a big difference for me and was one reason I jumped in to back this project. I really want to continue to see full color art work.

BTW, I'm very excited to hear the Infinite Archipelago (IA) is planned for future inclusion to Gaming Ballistics DFRPG product line. I'll be back to back that project also. I hope it happens soon. I love seeing DFRPG supported with a setting. I prefer my campaigns go beyond just dungeon crawls.

Last edited by restlessgriffin; 04-06-2024 at 06:17 AM.
restlessgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:28 PM   #22
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
I got the preliminary version in PDF after backing the project. I plan an trying a solo run using the included characters. I really like the color art work. That makes a big difference for me and was one reason I jumped in to back this project. I really want to continue to see full color art work.
The real test will be the next couple, as I won't bother doing the stretch goal thing ... just set the bar for funding at "colorize stuff" and go from there.

It also means future projects - like the manuscripts I just got for a module and a solo from David for TFT - will custom color artwork from the start and then convert to grayscale for the TFT/OSR versions. That amortizes the cost over three product lines instead of one.

So Saethor's Bane was a fulcrum in a few ways.

Quote:
BTW, I'm very excited to hear the Infinite Archipelago (IA) is planned for future inclusion to Gaming Ballistics DFRPG product line. I'll be back to back that project also. I hope it happens soon. I love seeing DFRPG supported with a setting. I prefer my campaigns go beyond just dungeon crawls.
Yah. I really like the concept, and have wanted to do more with Nordlond and the implied world anyway.

We'll see how things go over the next few years. I've got some big stuff on my plate right now - mostly Mission X - but will always be looking to leverage older product into new for both speed to market and profitability.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #23
Farmer

As is came up in discussion in Discord, I thought I'd mention (as someone who has seen the pre-releases through Patreon) that the formatting is just excellent. Space is well used, text is easy to read, and the artwork sits wonderfully. It's a real pleasure to read and to use and I think it greatly enhances the reputation of GURPS publications (official and licenced) as high quality productions.

Doug has really made an effort to not only ensure the mechanics and gameplay are great (and they are, even more so as they receive final tweaks through playtesting), but that the aesthetics every bit match the functional aspects.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:47 AM   #24
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
As is came up in discussion in Discord, I thought I'd mention (as someone who has seen the pre-releases through Patreon) that the formatting is just excellent. Space is well used, text is easy to read, and the artwork sits wonderfully. It's a real pleasure to read and to use and I think it greatly enhances the reputation of GURPS publications (official and licenced) as high quality productions.

Doug has really made an effort to not only ensure the mechanics and gameplay are great (and they are, even more so as they receive final tweaks through playtesting), but that the aesthetics every bit match the functional aspects.
Well said. Very high quality. GB is putting out great DFRPG material. I think I've got almost every title in PDF format. I should've done the physical for the Monsters and Foes book (I can never get the name right) and the physical version of Omi edition for the Delver's to Grow book.
restlessgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 02:48 PM   #25
DouglasCole

Quote:
Well said. Very high quality. GB is putting out great DFRPG material. I think I've got almost every title in PDF format. I should've done the physical for the Monsters and Foes book (I can never get the name right) and the physical version of Omi edition for the Delver's to Grow book.
For what itís worth itís not too late. If you want to change your add-ons ping me and we can play around with the pledge manager and make it happen.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:08 PM   #26
DouglasCole

I have pushed what I hope is the last "temporary" file, in that in the next few days I expect to get the last color artwork required to complete the book. After that, it's "check all the links" time and that should wrap up the PDF of the actual adventure.

With all the artwork in hand, I can then spool the quick-reference cards, the Map pack JPGs (actually I can do that now), the token files, and finally engage with the Foundry Gang to make the small VTT actor pack.

So we should be edging up on completion of content creation, at which point it'll be time to order physical materials.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:07 AM   #27
DouglasCole

For what it's worth: Saethor's Bane is in its more or less final form now. 52 pages, full color, all art in, hyperlinks checked and fixed.

I will be closing late pledges and locking addresses later this week, after a few things happen below the waterline.

There are seven Box Sets left in my allocation of 50 that could be claimed at those pledge levels. I just approved the proof for the quick reference card deck from my card vendor, but it looks like those guys aren't going to be the long pole in the tent. I can probably handle almost 90 new backers with the order I'm placing so I'm not too worried about overflow.

But based on the feedback so far from those playing through the adventure, it's hitting its mark. It's also a fairly good-looking book, even if I say so myself.

Almost all of the digital content is now available. I think the Foundry VTT module with the character actors is all that remains, and I'm working on the required materials for that today. The GGA team seems to think that it won't take long to get from where we are to a ready-to-go module, though that has to run through Foundry VTT first. Still: not too much longer.

In any case: if you want to jump on board now, it's a good time. You'll get instant gratification on most PDF materials, and the wait time on physical stuff is minimized.

https://saethors-bane.backerkit.com/survey_stores