Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
ssveter

Default Perfect Flight

Normally I'd look through all the posts for this stuff but Im working from a computer in afghanistan so....

I'm working on an NPC Super that has control over inertia. She has flight but I want it to be perfect flight, meaning at a thought even while moving at mach 4 she can make a 90 degree turn instantly. What would be the modifier for that?
ssveter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
whswhs

Default Re: Perfect Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssveter View Post
Normally I'd look through all the posts for this stuff but Im working from a computer in afghanistan so....

I'm working on an NPC Super that has control over inertia. She has flight but I want it to be perfect flight, meaning at a thought even while moving at mach 4 she can make a 90 degree turn instantly. What would be the modifier for that?
I don't recall the details, but I seem to recall (from GURPS Powers or GURPS Supers) that you want to be looking at Cosmic in some form.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Diomedes

More precisely, the modifier is not on Flight, but on Enhanced Move. Instant Acceleration, perhaps?
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
ssveter

Yea maybe, I thought I saw it somewhere in there, but I can't seem to find it now that I am really looking.

Anyway the super hero/villain is designed so that she is fast enough to catch an SR-71 (insert plot twist).
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
munin

Enhanced Move (Air; Cosmic, Second-Nature, +150%)

Second-Nature allows you to treat your top speed as if it were basic air move (no control rolls, no acceleration, step size, etc.). It's RAW in GURPS Power-Ups 4: Enhancements (p. 9) and also described on PK's site.
munin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
Refplace

First appeared in GURPS Supers as two +50% Cosmic enhancements, 1 for Instant acceleration/deceleration and another for no turn mode.
GURPS Power Ups 4: Enhancements added another +50% to treat your current move as a Step and offered them all bundled together as one enhancement called Second Nature for +150%.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssveter View Post
fast enough to catch an SR-71
The problem isn't catching the SR-71; it's dealing with Wolverine once you do.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
B9anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
First appeared in GURPS Supers as two +50% Cosmic enhancements, 1 for Instant acceleration/deceleration and another for no turn mode.
GURPS Power Ups 4: Enhancements added another +50% to treat your current move as a Step and offered them all bundled together as one enhancement called Second Nature for +150%.
This. +50% for perfect maneuverability.

And Diomedes got this one wrong. Power Ups 4 specify that if you want to take Cosmic: Complete maneuverability (or second nature, which includes this) on your Enhanced Move, you must first take the same +50% modifier on your underlying movement ability, if any. In this case, Flight. IIRC, Supers makes the same point.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #9
ssveter

I got that figured out. The character after all is said and done can move at 1152 yds/sec thats about 2300 mph at sea level...I can only imagine how fast she could move where the air is thinner, and yes she has space flight and an oxygen supply.

Care for a race?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
smurf
Banned

Goggles or a nicating membrane.

Plus a tough suit because the air at that speed is going to heat you up and before that be a heck of a force... sorry too much realism?

Shirks off before he gets noticed.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flight, gurps 4e, supers