Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-14-2015, 05:22 AM   #1
b-dog

Default Fairy Tiend in a DF style campaign idea

I was thinking of a demonic temple in a typical DF style campaign. This temple would have the usual evil cult, undead and lesser demons but I was thinking of how the fairy might be involved with an adventure in a demonic temple (to have more types of monsters to fight). So my idea is that when an evil temple moved into an area the fairy are fearful because they have to offer their children or other sacrifices in exchange for not having to go to Hell. So the fairy go and collect the souls of mortals to pay the tithe so they are not subject to go to Hell. The fairy do not need to be evil, they just are trying to save themselves and their children from the powers of the evil temple by offering the souls of mortals. Some fairy might be nasty like ogres, goblins, trolls and the like but others might just be neutral. The fairy may actively aid the temple to bring souls there in exchange for their freedom to stay on Earth instead of going to Hell.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Zeta Blaze

Default Re: Fairy Tiend in a DF style campaign idea

I have problems with some of your theaming you say the Fae have to "offer their children or other sacrifices in exchange for not having to go to Hell" this does not seem to fit the myth structure for either Fae or demons to me. A demon has no power to condemn you to hell against your will that is the preview of the divine. A demon can enforce ether global divine punishments to hell like all unrepentant murderers go to hell or a willingly (most coercions and deceptions are allowed) entered bargain. Now I could totally see demons coercing lesser Fae without a great lord to help them into offering bribes to avoid being tortured or enslaved in some lesser for and I assume most true fay ether reincarnate in a new role or disperse entirely on death. I mean that is often there Demonic MO with mortals so why not use it on the Fae who often dont have explicit divine protection.
Zeta Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote