Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
hellerphant

Default Future of Munchkin Quest

New to the forums, so I apologise if this has been answered before. Are there any future plans for Munchkin Quest? I'm picking up the Looking For Trouble expansion tonight, but it seems that the focus is on the card games rather than the board.

Can we expect any future expansions, or perhaps entirely new dungeons on the way? I love the card game so much, but I really love the new dynamic the search and exploration MQ brings to the table.
hellerphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Future of Munchkin Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerphant View Post
New to the forums, so I apologise if this has been answered before. Are there any future plans for Munchkin Quest? I'm picking up the Looking For Trouble expansion tonight, but it seems that the focus is on the card games rather than the board.

Can we expect any future expansions, or perhaps entirely new dungeons on the way? I love the card game so much, but I really love the new dynamic the search and exploration MQ brings to the table.
SJGames doens't typically discuss projects that haven't been properly announced (although it's common to see teasers on the forums or twitter from time to time). So, I think the answer to what you asked is: no one can say.

There has been talk of a MQ expansion that was being worked on, but wasn't functioning very well, and then got delayed. For how long, I wouldn't know. There is no sign of any MQ expansion for the near future, as far as we know.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Blazinjsin

It may just be me, but some recent promos and the cards in the w23 booster and some other unguarded comments have led me to think we may get at least some sort of Quest product this year

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
PercussionLife

hellerphant, you pick up portal combat? Adds just a bit more to the game while we wait for another expansion.
Rule #1: Cardio

Munchkin 1-8
Monster Enhancers, Reloaded!, and Game Changer
Munchkin Zombies 1,2, & 3
Munchkin Apocalypse
Munchkin Quest 1,2, and Portal Combat
PercussionLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Blazinjsin

The jumbo dice, kill o meter, and most recent w23 booster all add cards to the deck as well. Also there are a few promo cards

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
TheDS

Was wondering this myself. The MQ page indicates they intended to have an expansion out by 2009, but there is no other mention of it I could find, nor is there any kind of a FAQ worth reading after all this time, which led me to wonder if they have gotten enough sales of this game to care enough to update its pages with such information.

Visit (and LIKE) the new More in Sanity page at:
www.facebook.com/moreinsanity
TheDS is offline   Reply With Quote