Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2023, 10:47 AM   #761
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pleasant caller objects. Hungry Singer is eager to touch a human. Big Digger (whom they seem to defer to on this) says anyone who comes in needs to be polite and not approach anyone else and move slowly and deliberately.
I tell Slam. "They want us to neither approach and to move slowly and deliberately in the tank. That seems rather hard to do without drowning... Maybe we should just use the skimmer?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "Vild Chicken is its own thing. Its supposed to be imitating chicken, but I know people who think its much better than chicken."
"And it comes from the Vilderness?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal: "I'm just getting started. I've confirmed <incomprehensible statement> and <another incomprehensible statement> and ruled out <incomprehensible statement> and <incomprehensible statements> aren't making sense. So we still have a lot of work to do. But its more information than I've been able to piece together in a year otherwise!"
Well at least she seems happy about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Clippy was annoying because he tried to act like a person rather than a spell check.
"And it comes from the Vilderness?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Julian doesn't know where the sound came from. He's about to go check the screamers when he hears the noise again. One of the hired help guards (they don't know exactly what it is they're guarding) is watching when he hears it.
How do you mean, "Watching"? Like in general? At Julian specifically? Did he start looking at Julian when the scream started or shortly before, or was it coincidental? Does he need to play a reaction off or something?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 09:27 AM   #762
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I tell Slam. "They want us to neither approach and to move slowly and deliberately in the tank. That seems rather hard to do without drowning... Maybe we should just use the skimmer?"
Slam: "Unless you're a good diver! Or you have diving gear!"


He hops in, and moves slowly. Gentle arms comes close to him and they inspect each other. Soon, enough, Slam has to get out. "Diving Gear it is!"


Quote:
"And it comes from the Vilderness?"
Seven: "The Vilderness? Oh, right, hah! I get it. I think the V is for 'Vat'"


Quote:
"And it comes from the Vilderness?"
I think you meant something else



Quote:

How do you mean, "Watching"? Like in general? At Julian specifically? Did he start looking at Julian when the scream started or shortly before, or was it coincidental? Does he need to play a reaction off or something?
He's in the area when Julian is walking by. Yes, he needs to play off the reaction or something.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 05:03 PM   #763
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Slam: "Unless you're a good diver! Or you have diving gear!"

He hops in, and moves slowly. Gentle arms comes close to him and they inspect each other. Soon, enough, Slam has to get out. "Diving Gear it is!"
Well, if he's getting in, I'll try too. I wonder how different futuristic diving gear is.
Quote:
[166] 23-12-19 00:52:46 CET
Scuba
3d6 <= 13
3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "The Vilderness? Oh, right, hah! I get it. I think the V is for 'Vat'"
"That the same kind of vat clones are grown in?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think you meant something else
Never mind. Forgotten ooc remark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He's in the area when Julian is walking by. Yes, he needs to play off the reaction or something.
Quote:
[167] 23-12-19 01:02:05 CET
Acting
3d6 <= 13
2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
The sound pierces me. I hesitate briefly, and act like I was trying to remember where I was going.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:54 AM   #764
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, if he's getting in, I'll try too. I wonder how different futuristic diving gear is.
The Starpus are a little more interested in Julian than in Slam. The gear is lighter and easier to use.* Big Digger drifts over to inspect Julian.



*compare a crank-started stick shift car to an modern automatic you need to press a button to turn on.


Quote:
"That the same kind of vat clones are grown in?"
Seven: "What? No! Clones are grown in exowombs. I suppose you could call that a vat as a sort of bad joke. These are meat vats. Or at least, part of them are. Big tanks you grow cell cultures in."


Quote:
The sound pierces me. I hesitate briefly, and act like I was trying to remember where I was going.
"Do you need anything?" the man calls.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 01:34 PM   #765
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Starpus are a little more interested in Julian than in Slam. The gear is lighter and easier to use.* Big Digger drifts over to inspect Julian.
I float in place. "Can I touch?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
*compare a crank-started stick shift car to an modern automatic you need to press a button to turn on.
"So simple..." I say, wistfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "What? No! Clones are grown in exowombs. I suppose you could call that a vat as a sort of bad joke. These are meat vats. Or at least, part of them are. Big tanks you grow cell cultures in."
"Oh, so it is different. My mistake."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Do you need anything?" the man calls.
"No thank you. Just forgot where I was going for a moment." I head onwards towards the Screamer tanks.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:01 AM   #766
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I float in place. "Can I touch?"
Big Digger responds by placing his tentacle-arm on Julian's shoulder. The skin is rough, studded with some sort of hard scale or denticle or scute. There are no bones in it. Its cool to the touch.


Quote:
"No thank you. Just forgot where I was going for a moment." I head onwards towards the Screamer tanks.
The scream didn't come from the screamer tanks. Nor does the next one. They're about a minute apart from each other. He can tell a direction though... North East and a little up. (the station has official compass directions)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 09:04 AM   #767
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Big Digger responds by placing his tentacle-arm on Julian's shoulder. The skin is rough, studded with some sort of hard scale or denticle or scute. There are no bones in it. Its cool to the touch.
I touch his arm back... I chuckle to myself a little; five aliens and still kind of strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The scream didn't come from the screamer tanks. Nor does the next one. They're about a minute apart from each other. He can tell a direction though... North East and a little up. (the station has official compass directions)
Well, I guess I should pass the information on. I call somebody. "I'm hearing something like a screamer. It's a little above the screamer tank to the North East."

Then if Julian has nothing to do, then I guess he'll try to get some sleep, probably get a sleep aid.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 09:56 AM   #768
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

When Julian gets to the screamer tank, he notices they're active. They are swimming around, and seem agitated or excited or something.



Well, I guess I should pass the information on. I call somebody. "I'm hearing something like a screamer. It's a little above the screamer tank to the North East."


Royal: "you say like a screamer? its not a screamer then? what do the starpus say about it?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 10:45 AM   #769
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal: "you say like a screamer? its not a screamer then? what do the starpus say about it?"
"I asked them about it, but they haven't heard anything... The screamers are really active right now..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
When Julian gets to the screamer tank, he notices they're active. They are swimming around, and seem agitated or excited or something.
Hm... Are they concentrated in any given part of the tank, or trying to swim to in a particular direction? I decide to try talking to them. "Hey, you! What's going on?"

I doubt they respond productively.

I then try making the same sound I keep hearing...
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM   #770
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

The screamers seem to be looking for corners or other ways out of the tank or maybe for sand at the bottom.

Julian makes the call mentally. It has a strange, echoing quality and seems to hang. The screamers freak out, dashing away from Julian's side of the tank.

about 5 seconds after his scream, he hears another scream from that same location, this one somehow directed at him.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.