Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2024, 09:44 AM   #1571
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
(Presumably there will be some additional bonuses for show of force from sheer size and firey display, the disturbing/penetrating voice should help too.)
One would assume... I wish the guidelines including some sort of cap.



Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious assumes their natural form, but turns their voice a louder and more disturbing, and appearance more menacing... adding a more constant lick of flame and waft of smoke rising from their nostrils...

Vassarious descends before the witch's home and blows a curtain of flame to cover the sky from the view before landing, and beating their massive wings to shake the house with an added gust of wind to complement the great tremor in the earth when the massive dragon lands heavily upon the street.

"Hear this, Gemeti. Be Warned! Your treachery does not go unnoticed and should it continue, it will not go unpunished. The Council has decreed that you will not bear your punishment alone, but you will incur a curse that it will be borne by your kin along with you, oh child of Macedonia!"

Faceman! for Intimidation

3d6 <= 13
2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success
Will roll... a 7!



Gemeti sticks her head out of the second story window (this is a reasonably well built up area, but outside the walls: "Am I so insignificant that they send a mere monster to threaten me?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:47 AM   #1572
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
One would assume... I wish the guidelines including some sort of cap.
I don't see why, I find all the reasons to nope out to be cumulative...
Demonstrations of Strength and Supernatural powers demonstrated, check, +1 to 4 (each?)
I mentioned a menacing appearance, might as well max that at monstrous for +4
SM +3 is another +3

Before the bonuses the roll had a margin of 2... so the final margin is +11 at a minimum without the disturbing voice or any reputation being a dragon might cary culturally or a bonus for my artistic flourish (which I'd give me, is wasn't bad, lol ). You had them roll, so I presume they are not indomitable... What did you choose as a final modifier?


Quote:
Gemeti sticks her head out of the second story window (this is a reasonably well built up area, but outside the walls: "Am I so insignificant that they send a mere monster to threaten me?"
Apparently so...

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-09-2024 at 05:21 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:03 AM   #1573
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious chuckles and blows some more flames.

Does Halcyone want any input? Job's done, so the rest is icing on the cake.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:11 PM   #1574
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

I'm not sure what to add... If this won't scare her, a different approach is necessary.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #1575
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm not sure what to add... If this won't scare her, a different approach is necessary.
The message is delivered and I think they were impressed enough. I'm not going to flatten the house... But a little flourish can't hurt.


"Shall I have a snack and tell the council you preferred to be devoured now and save them the trouble of casting curses, then? I can't say why, but a mortal's impertinence somehow sweetens the meat."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:56 AM   #1576
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
The message is delivered and I think they were impressed enough. I'm not going to flatten the house... But a little flourish can't hurt.

"Shall I have a snack and tell the council you preferred to be devoured now and save them the trouble of casting curses, then? I can't say why, but a mortal's impertinence somehow sweetens the meat."
"Your message has been delivered. There is no need to eat me, and no need for you to trigger any vengeful curses. I hear their message."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:47 PM   #1577
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

I think we're good!

We fly off with a flourish and head back to base!
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:13 AM   #1578
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

When Corco brings you back to the library, you are greeted by an old djinn, who thanks you for avenging his family, his emir, and something like three different cities. Aram the Ever-Dead had killed them all 200 years ago in a scheme to conquer a his world, or at least to rule the middle east.

He is followed by an Arab with his own grievance, some sort of Babylonian priest, a Turkic sorcerer, and a sphinx. All seem to be wonderfully glad that Aram the Ever-Dead is no longer roaming the dimensions.

After your congratulatory party leaves the library, Corco tells you to get some rest before the next mission: you have 24 hours.

The next morning, Gurdo briefs you: They suspect trouble in the Haffiss Skerry. The Haffiss Skerry is a cluster of connected dimensions, including divine, elemental, and multiple material realms, along with thousands of pocket dimensions. It is inhabited by humans, dwarves, elves, goblins, orcs, insectoids, reptilians, minotaurs, golems, and many other creatures: its Gods and Wizards have a habit of making new ones regularly. Its politics is similarly fractured, with hundreds of tiny polities spread over its realms.

The trouble revolves around the null dimension. The Haffiss skerry has an abundant system of portals and summoning spells, but one of its "Destinations" isn't actually a place: its a twisted mirror and energy source. This hasn't stopped experimentation, and the family is concerned its gotten out of hand.. Its suddenly become much more active, and there is concern the newly created creatures will overrun the Haffiss Skerry and from there start creating a multiverse spanning empire.

Gurdo tells of an underground portal nexus that seems to be the source of trouble. Its an old one, with several layers of history. Gurdo wants you to clear out the trouble, figure out who is causing it, and stop the experimentation.

OCC: This is DF land, explicitly using the DF books at its source material.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:49 AM   #1579
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
When Corco brings you back to the library, you are greeted by an old djinn, who thanks you for avenging his family, his emir, and something like three different cities. Aram the Ever-Dead had killed them all 200 years ago in a scheme to conquer a his world, or at least to rule the middle east.

He is followed by an Arab with his own grievance, some sort of Babylonian priest, a Turkic sorcerer, and a sphinx. All seem to be wonderfully glad that Aram the Ever-Dead is no longer roaming the dimensions.

After your congratulatory party leaves the library, Corco tells you to get some rest before the next mission: you have 24 hours.
Wow, this Aram had a laser focus on the near east...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The trouble revolves around the null dimension. The Haffiss skerry has an abundant system of portals and summoning spells, but one of its "Destinations" isn't actually a place: its a twisted mirror and energy source. This hasn't stopped experimentation, and the family is concerned its gotten out of hand.. Its suddenly become much more active, and there is concern the newly created creatures will overrun the Haffiss Skerry and from there start creating a multiverse spanning empire.

Gurdo tells of an underground portal nexus that seems to be the source of trouble. Its an old one, with several layers of history. Gurdo wants you to clear out the trouble, figure out who is causing it, and stop the experimentation.
A few questions Halycone will either ask or go research before leaving:

What exactly makes the null dimension a "twisted mirror" ? Is it full of like twisted versions of the species that lives in the regular worlds of the skerry, or is it something else?

Do we know anything about the newly created creatures?

Do we know anything about the underground portal nexus? Do we have a map or something?

Where can we get to near the nexus? Can we appear inside?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:40 PM   #1580
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious is quite excited to discover what it is like to be a Djinn or sphinx and studies their forms. They delight in the social engagement and attention.

Vassarious will research whatever is available on the skerry and background...


((Sounds like we may be looking at an old fashioned dungeon crawl!))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.