Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2023, 09:03 AM   #1231
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Approaching the gates, you are met by a strikingly handsome warrior with a spear, backed up by six Giants 30 feet tall, two enourmous snakes, and an old woman bent over with age.

The handsome warrior speaks: "Greetings, Mysterious Travellers. I am Moskon, defender of the Bosporus. If you will swear an oath peace to me, I will swear an oath of peace to you."

Around here, oaths are sworn in magical rituals, and backed up by curses.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:47 AM   #1232
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The handsome warrior speaks: "Greetings, Mysterious Travellers. I am Moskon, defender of the Bosporus. If you will swear an oath peace to me, I will swear an oath of peace to you."
"Is that like to you personally or the whole city here? I'm fine either way, but I like to know what exactly I'm agreeing to here."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 01:23 PM   #1233
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Is there a caste system here other than the lords and everyone else? Do they have shapeshifters or dragons in the norm in this place?

"You have my Oath that Peace will be met with peace, honor will be met with honor and respect will be met with respect. At these gates I will release all enmity, forgo vengeance, and carry with me only a mirror and my mercy. You have my oath that what is reflected in that mirror will be tempered by that mercy as thoroughly as I am able and that fate will alllow."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:55 AM   #1234
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Is that like to you personally or the whole city here? I'm fine either way, but I like to know what exactly I'm agreeing to here."
"To myself, my men, and the harmless denizens of my city. Should you find criminals, spies, or traitors, you may act as you see fit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Is there a caste system here other than the lords and everyone else? Do they have shapeshifters or dragons in the norm in this place?
I suppose the castes would be slaves<random people<citizens<aristocracy

A shapeshifter with two forms is unusual, but within known experience. They don't have dragons, but its just another unusual monster form: its memorable in the way a pink convertible is in the modern US. Multiple-form shape changing is not known here.

Quote:
"You have my Oath that Peace will be met with peace, honor will be met with honor and respect will be met with respect. At these gates I will release all enmity, forgo vengeance, and carry with me only a mirror and my mercy. You have my oath that what is reflected in that mirror will be tempered by that mercy as thoroughly as I am able and that fate will alllow."
The Witch Nods. "And do you swear that by my curse?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:32 AM   #1235
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"To myself, my men, and the harmless denizens of my city. Should you find criminals, spies, or traitors, you may act as you see fit"
"Well, sounds fair to me."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

The Witch Nods. "And do you swear that by my curse?"
"What's this curse anyway?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:46 AM   #1236
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"What's this curse anyway?"

Witch: "It is hidden. I swear by my own curse that it will not matter unless you seek to break this oath."


Handsome Leader: "And I swear by that curse as well, that it will not matter unless you break the oath."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 10:38 AM   #1237
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Witch: "It is hidden. I swear by my own curse that it will not matter unless you seek to break this oath."


Handsome Leader: "And I swear by that curse as well, that it will not matter unless you break the oath."
I have this sneaking suspicion that I might be sorely tempted into breaking this oath later. "Very well. What do you need me to say?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 11:54 AM   #1238
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"To myself, my men, and the harmless denizens of my city. Should you find criminals, spies, or traitors, you may act as you see fit"
"Almost every man is a criminal, spy or traitor in someone's eyes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Witch Nods. "And do you swear that by my curse?"
"By the witch's curse I swear peace with you, your men and the harmless denizens of your city in as much as fate allows."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #1239
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Almost every man is a criminal, spy or traitor in someone's eyes."
"The eyes that matter are mine and Tyrathian."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I have this sneaking suspicion that I might be sorely tempted into breaking this oath later. "Very well. What do you need me to say?"
Quote:
"By the witch's curse I swear peace with you, your men and the harmless denizens of your city in as much as fate allows."
"The words of your comrade will suffice."

The oaths sworn, their greeting party returns to the city, and is hospitable enough to let the two through the gates.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:41 PM   #1240
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"The words of your comrade will suffice."

The oaths sworn, their greeting party returns to the city, and is hospitable enough to let the two through the gates.
Well I guess it would be a bit much to just ask the witch here where we can find a fortune teller. Do we know what a witch's store (tent) looks like anyway? Or are we going to have to just head into a bar and start asking questions?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.